Conor McCarthy - confirmed

Also nice to see a player who tucks in his shirt.
I thought he had giant shorts before I realised he was the only player with his shirt tucked in!

He looks like a right old fashioned throwback CH, the way he moves about. Does seem comfortable with the ball although there will be bigger tests ahead for him...

Old School as f**k.
Shirt tucked in, shorts pulled up, black boots.
Clears his lines without a fuss. Looks confident. Just looks like an old fashioned bread and butter centre half with a bit of composure added in.
Looks like a find. More like this boy, please.

This 100%

Looks really assured.

Old School as f**k.
Shirt tucked in, shorts pulled up, black boots.
Clears his lines without a fuss. Looks confident. Just looks like an old fashioned bread and butter centre half with a bit of composure added in.
Looks like a find. More like this boy, please.

Another 10 of these and we might just be on to something.

43 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Great performance today...but he didn’t half get away with the rugby tackle on Cosgrove! 

On one hand, that's true... I absolutely believe the ref didn't give it though as Cosgrove committed initial foul in the build up a few seconds prior that he missed. 

Edited by djchapsticks

• 11 months later...
14 minutes ago, Yflab said:

It would seem that a fair number of our players were affected quite badly by the virus. These guys are very fit individuals. Yet some on here argue that it’s a minor illness. 

P.E. guy at work got it at start of November and was absent for two months. He said it was horrendous. He's in his mid 40's and a marathon runner.

He has tried to go for bike rides in the last couple of weeks and has had to give up, as his lung capacity is a fraction of what it was.

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Glad you recovered Elvis. Do you have any respiratory issues 10 months on?

No I have been absolutely fine and my wife and two boys never got it I guess everyone's make up is different and we have been very lucky thank god. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

No I have been absolutely fine and my wife and two boys never got it I guess everyone's make up is different and we have been very lucky thank god. 

You are absolutely right. It affects everybody differently. My mrs, my son and I all had it. I was absolutely fine, no symptoms at all, and probably would never have known I had it if I hadn't got tested. My son had a bit of a cough, but was fine after a few days. My Mrs (who runs 10km a day) was a different kettle of fish though. She ended up in hospital for 3 nights with breathing difficulties and was out of breath just walking up the stairs 2 months later.

Glad you are well!

Edited by Prague Buddie

• 10 months later...