McGrath

pod

18 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well done Jamie on being called up to the Ireland squad.

This can only help trying to attract promising young players to our club. 

Well done to the lad, well deserved. 

7 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Great for Jamie and - with my black and white tinted specs on - totally deserved.

Would be amazing if he got on the pitch at the Euros!

When did the last serving saints player feature at either euros of world cup finals?

Yes would be a miracle considering they didn't qualify :lol:

Edited by portmahomack saint

Yes would be a miracle considering they didn't qualify [emoji38]
Fair doos. [emoji1787]

Dafty moment for me. Forgot they never made it - so used to it being Scotland. Just desperate for a saints player to feature at a major finals I guess

Leaving aside the non possibility regarding McGrath - does anyone know the last Saints player to feature at a major finals?

17 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I don’t believe we have had any players representing their country while still a Saints player. Only ones I remember who have played at major tournaments for Scotland in my lifetime after leaving Saints are wee Archie Gemmill and Paul Lambert.

McAvennie played in the 86 World Cup 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I don’t believe we have had any players representing their country while still a Saints player. Only ones I remember who have played at major tournaments for Scotland in my lifetime after leaving Saints are wee Archie Gemmill and Paul Lambert.

Roy Aitken

3 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Fair doos. emoji1787.png

Dafty moment for me. Forgot they never made it - so used to it being Scotland. Just desperate for a saints player to feature at a major finals I guess

Leaving aside the non possibility regarding McGrath - does anyone know the last Saints player to feature at a major finals?

My kind of mistake Southside could just as easily been mine :lol: 

7 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Great for Jamie and - with my black and white tinted specs on - totally deserved.

Would be amazing if he got on the pitch at the Euros!

When did the last serving saints player feature at either euros of world cup finals?

I could be wrong but I think Ian Munro was capped while with us, Billy Thompson too, think his caps came in friendlies but think Munro was capped in competitive games but not in a World Cup or euros. ( he only got 7 caps) 

• 2 weeks later...