McGrath

pod

48 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He had numerous touches, admittedly mostly one touch.

The commentator was pish.

Numerous? That's a bit generous. He had a few and made a couple of runs into space but wasn't picked out.

As for the commentators, they were bigging him up before he came on.

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Slash said:

I hope I’m wrong, but JG has a stubborn streak and be inflexible to change. It could well lead to his downfall as we stay rooted to the bottom of the league.

It's no stubborn, Goodwin thinks he is clever and somekind of tactical genius. He is found out everyweek, i personally think he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

1 hour ago, God of war said:

It's no stubborn, Goodwin thinks he is clever and somekind of tactical genius. He is found out everyweek, i personally think he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

You've not said that before. :lol:

Anyhow, Goodwin was getting similar heat last season, I was certainly unsure but the fact of the matter is he did, like it or not, steer us to one of the best seasons we've had for decades.

Now, here we are, 4 games into the season, seemingly in disarray, on and off the park.

I was never convinced he was the man but he proved me wrong last season, can he do it this season, who knows, certainly not the experts on here.

If we end up in trouble, it'll be like most seasons TBH. 

No manager has really taken us anywhere never this, remember this term, the next level.  :lol:

8 hours ago, Slash said:

It is Stephen Kenny who is the manager. 😂 

I remember when Stuart Dickson was raving about him before he took the Dunfermline job. 

I won’t be surprised if Ireland give him the sack.

Strange situation. McGrath gets the whole game v Portugal  , does well , and Ireland almost pull off a famous victory. Then , playing a team at home where they should be looking to repeat their decent form and get a morale booster , he doesn't get a look in .  Kenny doesn't do himself any favours with his chopping and changing , and he still cant buy a win !

We should make the most of the games that McGrath has left with us. But for someone at Hibs making an arse of the transfer registration documents, he'd be a Hibs player.

Although it remains to be seen if our manager will utilise him to his full effect.

47 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We should make the most of the games that McGrath has left with us. But for someone at Hibs making an arse of the transfer registration documents, he'd be a Hibs player.

Although it remains to be seen if our manager will utilise him to his full effect.

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

32 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

What, exactly, do yo suggest we do to stop Hibs, or any other clubs, cherry pick our plyers?

It's not rocket science, Hibs, and plenty other clubs, have more resources and, as such, will be able to offer our players better conditions/prospects and salaries. 

This fixation on Ross is very amusing. 

As for what Tony says......................you'd need to be a fool to pay any attention to him. 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

We've accepted it for most of our existence I'd imagine.

Big clubs with more financial clout than us will continue to sign players from us and clubs like us, as long as the player in question is agreeable to the switch.

Whether or not it's Hibs/Jack ross is irrelevant.

I suppose it’s okay for us to cherry pick Dundalk. 

We have many ex players in the Scottish game. Hibs have the biggest share, that’s for sure. They pay more money than us and hand out longer contracts. Both of which are naturally attractive to players. Missing out on a fee would be my concern as holding on to Jamie for now is a plus on the playing side….but… we did miss out on cash, classy midfielder and a pacy winger.