McGrath

pod

We have many ex players in the Scottish game. Hibs have the biggest share, that’s for sure. They pay more money than us and hand out longer contracts. Both of which are naturally attractive to players. Missing out on a fee would be my concern as holding on to Jamie for now is a plus on the playing side….but… we did miss out on cash, classy midfielder and a pacy winger.
Hilarious, let me know your next gig at the comedy club and I'll come along.

10 hours ago, billyg said:

Strange situation. McGrath gets the whole game v Portugal  , does well , and Ireland almost pull off a famous victory. Then , playing a team at home where they should be looking to repeat their decent form and get a morale booster , he doesn't get a look in .  Kenny doesn't do himself any favours with his chopping and changing , and he still cant buy a win !

Kenny said he wanted to field a more attacking team than against Portugal.  He sees McGrath as a defensive midfielder, like Jeff Hendrick. That's why he dropped them both.  Guy hasn't a clue, and that's why Ireland can't win under his management.

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Kenny said he wanted to field a more attacking team than against Portugal.  He sees McGrath as a defensive midfielder, like Jeff Hendrick. That's why he dropped them both.  Guy hasn't a clue, and that's why Ireland can't win under his management.

Bit like Goodwin, not a clue!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Kenny was out of a job by the end of the week. ROI are all but out of a chance of qualifying through the group, can be made mathematical in the next game. That'll teach him for not playing their best player. :P 

Neil Lennon being touted for the job this morning 🇮🇪

On 9/5/2021 at 11:20 AM, faraway saint said:

What, exactly, do yo suggest we do to stop Hibs, or any other clubs, cherry pick our plyers?

It's not rocket science, Hibs, and plenty other clubs, have more resources and, as such, will be able to offer our players better conditions/prospects and salaries. 

This fixation on Ross is very amusing. 

As for what Tony says......................you'd need to be a fool to pay any attention to him. 

What a defeatist attitude to have  :booty ,  If our players are under contract we could easily say pay up plenty or go F@@k yourself and take the hit, Maybe then we'll start getting a better deal for our players like other clubs do,  

The club are always telling us they run a tight budget and have no debt. so we don't have to sell the minute someone chaps the door. especially to clubs like Hibs, our attendances will start suffer if we don't grow a pair soon, and so will our league position 

We let Jack Ross take 2 players from us still under contract for virtually nothing while we where fighting to stay in the league FFS. where else would that happen

18 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

What a defeatist attitude to have  :booty ,  If our players are under contract we could easily say pay up plenty or go F@@k yourself and take the hit, Maybe then we'll start getting a better deal for our players like other clubs do,  

The club are always telling us they run a tight budget and have no debt. so we don't have to sell the minute someone chaps the door. especially to clubs like Hibs, our attendances will start suffer if we don't grow a pair soon, and so will our league position 

We let Jack Ross take 2 players from us still under contract for virtually nothing while we where fighting to stay in the league FFS. where else would that happen

🤡

6 hours ago, Slash said:

Good to see he played the full 90mins. I have no idea how he played as I was watching the game in Vienna. Hopefully he played well and some bigger teams than Hibs make a decent cash offer in January, as I think we can concede the player won’t be with St Mirren next season.

Got hooked in 68th minute as he was honking!

17 hours ago, Slash said:

Good to see he played the full 90mins. I have no idea how he played as I was watching the game in Vienna. Hopefully he played well and some bigger teams than Hibs make a decent cash offer in January, as I think we can concede the player won’t be with St Mirren next season.

He had a pretty quiet game on the ball. Didn't deliver well from the few dead ball opportunities he had. He got scythed down when breaking through but that was really the only positive impact he had. Worked very hard and chased down the opposition well, though.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, Slash said:

Once the players heard of the interest (and increase in wages) from Hibs through their agents they asked to leave. Always a difficult situation to manage. Do you hold onto a player who is clearly itching for a move or do you take what’s on offer.

Simply put. The guys are professional and follow the money. 

• 1 month later...

There will be top end Championship clubs in England desperate to sign McGrath.  We could get quite a decent fee for him , certainly more than what was offered last transfer window . As soon as a club signs him and puts him on a three year contract his value will be £3 million as a current Irish International.  Should the team get promoted that value would triple . Look out for Celtic offering sweeties .