Jump to content

McGrath


pod
 Share

Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, God of war said:

They can't think that much of him as never even got on as a sub.

It is Stephen Kenny who is the manager. 😂 

I remember when Stuart Dickson was raving about him before he took the Dunfermline job. 

I won’t be surprised if Ireland give him the sack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Slash said:

It is Stephen Kenny who is the manager. 😂 

I remember when Stuart Dickson was raving about him before he took the Dunfermline job. 

I won’t be surprised if Ireland give him the sack.

Strange situation. McGrath gets the whole game v Portugal  , does well , and Ireland almost pull off a famous victory. Then , playing a team at home where they should be looking to repeat their decent form and get a morale booster , he doesn't get a look in .  Kenny doesn't do himself any favours with his chopping and changing , and he still cant buy a win !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, billyg said:

Strange situation. McGrath gets the whole game v Portugal  , does well , and Ireland almost pull off a famous victory. Then , playing a team at home where they should be looking to repeat their decent form and get a morale booster , he doesn't get a look in .  Kenny doesn't do himself any favours with his chopping and changing , and he still cant buy a win !

Perhaps his plan was to rest McGrath for Serbia game on Tuesday. They really should be winning at home against Azerbaijan. His jacket must be on a shoogly peg. Lose on Tuesday and he will likely be sacked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should make the most of the games that McGrath has left with us. But for someone at Hibs making an arse of the transfer registration documents, he'd be a Hibs player.

Although it remains to be seen if our manager will utilise him to his full effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We should make the most of the games that McGrath has left with us. But for someone at Hibs making an arse of the transfer registration documents, he'd be a Hibs player.

Although it remains to be seen if our manager will utilise him to his full effect.

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

What, exactly, do yo suggest we do to stop Hibs, or any other clubs, cherry pick our plyers?

It's not rocket science, Hibs, and plenty other clubs, have more resources and, as such, will be able to offer our players better conditions/prospects and salaries. 

This fixation on Ross is very amusing. 

As for what Tony says......................you'd need to be a fool to pay any attention to him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

We've accepted it for most of our existence I'd imagine.

Big clubs with more financial clout than us will continue to sign players from us and clubs like us, as long as the player in question is agreeable to the switch.

Whether or not it's Hibs/Jack ross is irrelevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

I suppose it’s okay for us to cherry pick Dundalk. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Are we just accepting now that we let Jack Ross cherry pick our players whenever he feels like it now... 

We want to be a top club Tony's saying,  Seems to me were just Hibs bitches and like taking it up the :booty 

We have many ex players in the Scottish game. Hibs have the biggest share, that’s for sure. They pay more money than us and hand out longer contracts. Both of which are naturally attractive to players. Missing out on a fee would be my concern as holding on to Jamie for now is a plus on the playing side….but… we did miss out on cash, classy midfielder and a pacy winger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have many ex players in the Scottish game. Hibs have the biggest share, that’s for sure. They pay more money than us and hand out longer contracts. Both of which are naturally attractive to players. Missing out on a fee would be my concern as holding on to Jamie for now is a plus on the playing side….but… we did miss out on cash, classy midfielder and a pacy winger.
Hilarious, let me know your next gig at the comedy club and I'll come along.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, billyg said:

Strange situation. McGrath gets the whole game v Portugal  , does well , and Ireland almost pull off a famous victory. Then , playing a team at home where they should be looking to repeat their decent form and get a morale booster , he doesn't get a look in .  Kenny doesn't do himself any favours with his chopping and changing , and he still cant buy a win !

Kenny said he wanted to field a more attacking team than against Portugal.  He sees McGrath as a defensive midfielder, like Jeff Hendrick. That's why he dropped them both.  Guy hasn't a clue, and that's why Ireland can't win under his management.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Kenny said he wanted to field a more attacking team than against Portugal.  He sees McGrath as a defensive midfielder, like Jeff Hendrick. That's why he dropped them both.  Guy hasn't a clue, and that's why Ireland can't win under his management.

Bit like Goodwin, not a clue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...