Akin Famewo

NB18

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Signed by Norwich last January transfer window. They tied him to a longer deal just 6 weeks ago and he's been training with their first team (an English Premiership side).

Looks like an outstanding signing!

He hasn't played much competitive fitba recently

That's the risk when signing promising youngsters from big English clubs

We haven't had much success

Hope he bucks the trend

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We have been stung before with "EPL Class" loanees, so let's see what he actually brings. Wish him all the best, and hope he ain't F-Akin it when it comes to centre back duties.

Yeah, to be fair... some have been honking. Who was that Spurs boy? Emmanuel Sonupe? Not to mention those two from Man City. f**king hell 😐

I think over the piece we are being less panicky with our signings and there seems to be a broader strategy in play. The fact he's rocking up now and not on January 31st gives me hope, even though I'd admittedly never heard of him until yesterday. 😂

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah, to be fair... some have been honking. Who was that Spurs boy? Emmanuel Sonupe? Not to mention those two from Man City. f**king hell 😐

I think over the piece we are being less panicky with our signings and there seems to be a broader strategy in play. The fact he's rocking up now and not on January 31st gives me hope, even though I'd admittedly never heard of him until yesterday. 😂

Coupled with , we have at least had these signings watched first hand. 

Yeah, to be fair... some have been honking. Who was that Spurs boy? Emmanuel Sonupe? Not to mention those two from Man City. f**king hell [emoji52]
I think over the piece we are being less panicky with our signings and there seems to be a broader strategy in play. The fact he's rocking up now and not on January 31st gives me hope, even though I'd admittedly never heard of him until yesterday. [emoji23]

Main difference was those players were boys who had come through the academies and were unknowns. This guy was signed recently for a fee and has a 3 and a half year contract , so hopefully will be up to the job.

This worried me.  (from his wiki...)

Norwich City[edit]

Famewo signed for Championship club Norwich City on 29 January 2019 on a one-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.[16]

He was loaned to Scottish Premiership club St Mirren in January 2020.[17]

i thought this might be his/Norwich’s last throw of the dice.  Till the below got me checking further.  
Ta, Buddies.   His wiki hasn’t been updated.

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Signed by Norwich last January transfer window. They tied him to a longer deal just 6 weeks ago and he's been training with their first team (an English Premiership side).

Looks like an outstanding signing!

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

Main difference was those players were boys who had come through the academies and were unknowns. This guy was signed recently for a fee and has a 3 and a half year contract , so hopefully will be up to the job.

A souf Lahndan lad.  Lewisham.(almost the outskirts of Paris...)

strange people from Lewisham.

wonder how Norf Lahndahn’s J Obika will react....

Delighted with this news. I always knew we intended bringing in another centre half after McCarthy. We definitely seem more prepared at the back with Broadfoot in mind, coming back from injury too.

Seems to be highly thought of and was the u23 captain at Norwich.

Been on the bench a couple of times this season so manager obviously rates him.

We didn't do too badly with Alfie Jones last season who had a similar background with Southampton.

Delighted with this news. I always knew we intended bringing in another centre half after McCarthy. We definitely seem more prepared at the back with Broadfoot in mind, coming back from injury too.
Seems to be highly thought of and was the u23 captain at Norwich.
Been on the bench a couple of times this season so manager obviously rates him.
We didn't do too badly with Alfie Jones last season who had a similar background with Southampton.
Oh... the boo bout will have you for bigging up Alfie..! Not because of the actual player, no... but some twisted mentality about who signed him.

Ask Hayden Coulson.