Who's Out?

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
26 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Maybe he should have said that, then. emoji38.png

A lot of my jobs have been hourly paid and I still got full pay when off sick. One was even a part time position in a one shop business who gave 3 months full pay when sick after you had worked there 6 months to qualify for it. I wasn't there long enough, mind you.

That was almost a cogent argument made by F Man

Faraway Cogent? Na!. Cohesive? Na!. Consensual? Na, never. Conflicting? Yes. Confusing? yes. Contrary? Oh yes!  Constructive? yes on occasions. Conniving? No comment.  😎

Whats all this bollocks about not crediting S McGinn for his input in getting us promoted?
He weighed in, it was/is appreciated, end of.

Now he is in a position where he cant contribute, should we pay him to sit at home, or actively engage and give him the chance to pursue his career somewhere he is needed?

Which option is the most decent and respectful?

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whats all this bollocks about not crediting S McGinn for his input in getting us promoted?
He weighed in, it was/is appreciated, end of.

Now he is in a position where he cant contribute, should we pay him to sit at home, or actively engage and give him the chance to pursue his career somewhere he is needed?

Which option is the most decent and respectful?

I think it really depends on the circumstances which we don’t fully know.

1. if the stories about him being injured and having to have knee surgery are true, non issue. I also imagine few would grudge him staying and getting paid while he recuperates as well giving his brilliant service to the club over two spells.

2. If Goodwin doesn’t see him playing any part in the remainder of the campaign, I’m sure there will be conversations from both the club and the players agent about moves elsewhere. Wages, interest elsewhere and squad status will be standard issues that are involved in pretty much any move. Time will tell on how this plays out. Possibly some clubs will wait until closer to the end of the window to see who becomes available.

3. Does Goodwin see him as playing a part in the rest of the campaign or want to keep him as cover? Again it’ll be a non issue unless we get approached and the offer is reasonable enough to let him go (small fee and/or pay his full wage IMO). Running down the rest of his contract will be a natural outcome of this.

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

If Stephen McGinn is fit , the best and fairest option is to allow him to leave and negotiate a contract with another club  that best suits where  he wants to be in two years time . He has done well for St Mirren , and I wish him well . 

If he was fit, he would be captaining the team. 

Guest TPAFKATS
If Stephen McGinn is fit , the best and fairest option is to allow him to leave and negotiate a contract with another club  that best suits where  he wants to be in two years time . He has done well for St Mirren , and I wish him well . 
Given that he will be on one of the biggest salaries we have this season, if he's fit the club won't be stopping him from moving on.

Given that he will be on one of the biggest salaries we have this season, if he's fit the club won't be stopping him from moving on.
What if he's fit, but wont move unless the inevitable drop in his wage packet is made up by the club?
Are there funds left for that too? And who else might they be incentivising to move?
I would imagine given Morton's financial situation we are covering over half of Bairdy's wages?

Was it Arbroath Smokies who asked? His grasp on finance and economics is a bit shaky. But in fairness he is your go to man on betting or TV Sport. But.. Reread what you wrote. I think you meant that if a player was replaced by a player coming into the club on a lower wage. Just trying to be helpful. I know you like accuracy. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
What if he's fit, but wont move unless the inevitable drop in his wage packet is made up by the club?
Are there funds left for that too? And who else might they be incentivising to move?
I would imagine given Morton's financial situation we are covering over half of Bairdy's wages?
Well, that escalated quickly [emoji1787]

47 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It must be great living in a world where you believe you can keep signing players, and pay their transfer/sign on fees, wages, and still be able to afford to pay the players they are replacing. Lol

In most industries, with valued employees, who then are let go or move on for various reasons, there is often some sort of pay-off...

At higher levels there are pay-offs and a new employee comes in, sometimes on a higher wage.

I really don't think you understand footballing contractual stuff . . . You want our BOD to have all the rights and stuff the players if we are finished with them?

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

So someone just asked if we pay someone less than they're currently on will we have enough budget for that. Ehhhhhhh yeahhhhh emoji23.png

No they didn’t

:1eye

your desperation to score points against LPM whilst you chase him about the forum and he ignores you is  cringeworthy 

stop embarrassing yourself you fool