Who's Out?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Div reporting that Djorkaeff is training with QOS

Well that cant be true as some posters believe we have a magic money tree to pay as many players as we like. Lol

This isn't true, other posters just aren't as miserable as you on what the club can do in a transfer window. Let's not forget how categorically wrong you were last January on this. Some people just never learn. 🤣

On 1/8/2020 at 6:20 PM, faraway saint said:

My take on what pod is trying to say is that in many industries only salaried staff get the perk of paid sick leave.

The majority of hourly paid will only receive SSP, around £80 a week? 

Many reasons for this, one being people ripping the pish out of it.

It's a difficult one, genuine illness/injury can cause hardship if people loose their normal salary/wages.

Other areas, NHS, Education, Council to name three, suffer badly from high levels of absence, costing millions every year.

It would be interesting if these areas stopped paying sick leave to see what the levels of absence would be, much reduced would be my bet.

There are many ways to cut short term abscences and i hsve advised a numbet of sizeable organisations on how do this and sustain it. Costs almost nothing in cash terms but allied to other low cost and often state sponsored support reduce absenteesm, presenteeism abd strongly increase profit. One one occassion in a bank by plus 72%,i had bern so confident tjat it would work that i said.. Just pay my expenses during the project and send me an agreed pergentage of the improvement. 

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Hear that Nick McAllister is away to Albion Rovers till the end of the season on loan...

Yeah, it was posted on the clubs social media channels three hours before you posted on here.

Seemed to come with a bit of promise at the start of the season, but Glover appears to have stepped ahead. 

Edited by aldo_j

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thats whats being suggested. Interesting that our final games ahead of the window closing includes one against Rangers. 

There was a caveat. Goody expressed his support for Lyness and indicated that Peter would be a link between The Academy and THe First team.

11 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Yeah, it was posted on the clubs social media channels three hours before you posted on here.

Seemed to come with a bit of promise at the start of the season, but Glover appears to have stepped ahead

Do I detect you not wanting me to post updates on players on this forum before anyone else? I never saw the social media update and frankly it does not matter where or from whom I heard it - I was simply letting fellow fans know - sorry for you if you don't like me doing that . . .

Glover was culpable when he played in the 1st team, well short and was not in the 1st team squad following that - so if McAllister is behind him in quality, that is not a good thing... Caveat is they are both young and hopefully will develop quickly from here on... going out to Albion could prove a decent step for him . . .

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Totally relevant as it refers to your habit of arguing different POVs on different threads - Shameless!

See the source image

In the summer I had a view on what our senior squad was, it was aligned to what the manager and club were communication. I have been completely consistent on that.

You not understanding that things change and evolve with a football squad, doesn't make your point anymore relevant. My view is that S McGinn would likely benefit from moving on in January, does that mean I now don't think he was part of the 22 man squad from the summer?  Now try and apply the same to other players from the 22 that have struggled to break into the first team squad (inevitable given we only field 11 players in this sport)

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

I cannot see many leaving. Goodwin has said we are not looking to move people on and we have ran too small a squad. 

Ethan. I was replying to an earlier post that suggested a number would be going. Since Djorkaeff had been linked with QOS already then that's possible. May be a couple more. 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

One might e.g. Djorkaeff but I have a feeling that more will go after the cup game. 

You still have not said why you think this? But from your reply to Ethan, you believe that a number of players are going to go during this window - but not this week? Other than Djorkaeff . . . who may or may not be what QOS are looking for... other clubs are looking for players right now . . .  🧷

3 hours ago, Ethan said:

I cannot see many leaving. Goodwin has said we are not looking to move people on and we have ran too small a squad. 

It is the age old game of managing the budget well, and whether guys on the periphery might be needed or could develop better by playing elsewhere while others pay a share of their wages...

There are a number who fit this category, and given we now have 2 extra in the senior squad already (I am counting Kellerman as an out), and at least 1 more to come in, it surely pushes them further down the pecking order anyway?   

Edited by Sweeper07

12 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You still have not said why you think this? But from your reply to Ethan, you believe that a number of players are going to go during this window - but not this week? Other than Djorkaeff . . . who may or may not be what QOS are looking for... other clubs are looking for players right now . . .  🧷

It is the age old game of managing the budget well, and whether guys on the periphery might be needed or could develop better by playing elsewhere while others pay a share of their wages...

There are a number who fit this category, and given we now have 2 extra in the senior squad already (I am counting Kellerman as an out), and at least 1 more to come in, it surely pushes them further down the pecking order anyway?   

I share your thoughts on the position. Djorkaeff to go out. That would leave one more as things stand. Perhaps Ernahon on Loan. Should we bring in one more..then I agree 1 more out. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I share your thoughts on the position. Djorkaeff to go out. That would leave one more as things stand. Perhaps Ernahon on Loan. Should we bring in one more..then I agree 1 more out. 

I think you might be misinterpreting what I am saying. Yes we are 2 players up but that does not mean we are trying to get 2 out to balance the budget. Of course some out / on loan would help financially. If it was budget that drove this, then we might have to punt out 6 or more younger lads to pay for the 3 new senior guys). However, there are other factors at work in this. e.g. If because we now have 4 signed senior CB's and 2 others who can play there, it might be better for the likes of Glover to go out and get some experience in the professional leagues... others too are now in this same boat now.. (further down the likelihood of being needed for the 1st team and less likely to play at a better level than reserves/under 21 if they stay with us rather than go out on loan).

I think 1 and maybe even 2 more might come in... In addition JG does not want to lose guys who are likely to make a decent contribution though . . . :spud7