Who's Out?

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think you might be misinterpreting what I am saying. Yes we are 2 players up but that does not mean we are trying to get 2 out to balance the budget. Of course some out / on loan would help financially. If it was budget that drove this, then we might have to punt out 6 or more younger lads to pay for the 3 new senior guys). However, there are other factors at work in this. e.g. If because we now have 4 signed senior CB's and 2 others who can play there, it might be better for the likes of Glover to go out and get some experience in the professional leagues... others too are now in this same boat now.. (further down the likelihood of being needed for the 1st team and less likely to play at a better level than reserves/under 21 if they stay with us rather than go out on loan).

I think 1 and maybe even 2 more might come in... In addition JG does not want to lose guys who are likely to make a decent contribution though . . . :spud7 

I think you have expressed it well. 

On 1/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, cockles1987 said:

Was I the only one that read or heard our manager explain that if interest in Peter was to be completed and we signed him, it would be in a bridge between development and first team squad.

Which *could allow Lyness to become number 1

Your desperation in chasing LPM around the forum is embarrassing and cringeworthy

You are just coming across as stupid

Edited by Hiram Abiff

On 1/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Do I detect you not wanting me to post updates on players on this forum before anyone else? I never saw the social media update and frankly it does not matter where or from whom I heard it - I was simply letting fellow fans know - sorry for you if you don't like me doing that . . .

Please stop pretending to be ITK

you are embarrassing yourself 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

In the summer I had a view on what our senior squad was, it was aligned to what the manager and club were communication. I have been completely consistent on that.

You not understanding that things change and evolve with a football squad, doesn't make your point anymore relevant. My view is that S McGinn would likely benefit from moving on in January, does that mean I now don't think he was part of the 22 man squad from the summer?  Now try and apply the same to other players from the 22 that have struggled to break into the first team squad (inevitable given we only field 11 players in this sport)

Meanwhile in the RealWorld it's was obvious that Djorkaeff was out of JGs plans and that Breadner & Erhahon were never in them, contrary to your arguments in the S&M :oohlala thread for the past two months, S. McGinn differs from the three players above as he did get game time despite suffering from injuries which affected his form. It is clear that your GLS fetish prevents you from making objective assessments of our squad -  as I said shameless! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Far too many folk on here trying to reel fellow fans into a fight ! (attention seeking etc.)

You might think we were all supporters of opposing teams . . .   

And what is the topic?   Who's out that's right...

Since McAllister, no one yet. Hopefully the Djrok next and a few fringe players out on loan for fist team experience in lower divisions...

Hopefully not someone worth decent money during this window, right at the last minute !!!! 🤢

Far too many folk on here trying to reel fellow fans into a fight ! (attention seeking etc.)
Since McAllister, no one yet. Hopefully the Djrok next and a few fringe players out on loan for fist team experience in lower divisions...
Hopefully not someone worth decent money during this window, right at the last minute !!!! [emoji1785]
Baird went back out!

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
19 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
Hopefully not someone worth decent money during this window, right at the last minute !!!! emoji1785.png

Baird went back out!

Yeah he did, but he has hardly been counted in the 1st team squad this season after the early games and was replaced by McLoughlin. 

17 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Meanwhile in the RealWorld it's was obvious that Djorkaeff was out of JGs plans and that Breadner & Erhahon were never in them, contrary to your arguments in the S&M :oohlala thread for the past two months, S. McGinn differs from the three players above as he did get game time despite suffering from injuries which affected his form. It is clear that your GLS fetish prevents you from making objective assessments of our squad -  as I said shameless! 

Oh how good it would be if every single signing and youth player turned out to be a revelation eh? Still sure some on here would find something to moan about. Djorkaeff, Breadner & Erhahon were all part of the 22 man senior squad assembled in the summer by SMFC. We play an 11 man sport so naturally some players won’t play as much as others & some won’t cut it/ will need more development. You are completely incapable of showing where those two players “were never” in the managers plans from this season. We are now in a new transfer window and like with practically all clubs impacted by transfer windows, there will be a revaluation of the player squad.  

He does not really differ though does he? He was part of the 22 man squad assembled in the summer and is now at risk of not being part of the managers plans for remainder of the season/ going forward. The only point of difference is where that has happened for each player.  

By it’s very definition you are not being objective, you are being assumptive, led by a hatred for GLS & GM (How sore it must be for you as we continue to progress as a football club with these men involved 😝) If you want to prove you ARE making an objective assessment, please point to the interview that said “Djorkaeff was a panic buy” and “We never intended to use EE or CB in any senior squad circumstance” 

What a bitter supporter you really are where you think it’s a negative, someone supporting our club chairman. That is what’s indeed shameful.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the rumour we are in for Middleton on loan, does that mean Durmus us out?
How many misfiring left wingers do we need?

Thought Durmus has been decent. Had a very good game against Killie.

Would rather we didn't touch an overweight, overrated winger who has hardly kicked a ball this season.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, in his first game at Easter road I thought we had unearthed a gem. Since then his form, effort and selection has been in and out.
Some games he just doesn't even try to take a man, preferring to pass and not take responsibility.
If he went, would we miss him?

I agree with this view, I do believe there is a good player in there and I am willing him every time to beat a man and get the cross in...

This next game could be the one to boost his confidence and push on the second half of the season.....please 😀

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the rumour we are in for Middleton on loan, does that mean Durmus us out?
How many misfiring left wingers do we need?

Overall Durmas has been a success for me. Sure, he's slightly inconsistent but overall pretty talented. 

Also , his 2 goals have resulted in a third of our points tally.  

Good player. 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, bazil85 said:

Oh how good it would be if every single signing and youth player turned out to be a revelation eh? Still sure some on here would find something to moan about. Djorkaeff, Breadner & Erhahon were all part of the 22 man senior squad assembled in the summer by SMFC. We play an 11 man sport so naturally some players won’t play as much as others & some won’t cut it/ will need more development. You are completely incapable of showing where those two players “were never” in the managers plans from this season. We are now in a new transfer window and like with practically all clubs impacted by transfer windows, there will be a revaluation of the player squad.  

He does not really differ though does he? He was part of the 22 man squad assembled in the summer and is now at risk of not being part of the managers plans for remainder of the season/ going forward. The only point of difference is where that has happened for each player.  

By it’s very definition you are not being objective, you are being assumptive, led by a hatred for GLS & GM (How sore it must be for you as we continue to progress as a football club with these men involved 😝) If you want to prove you ARE making an objective assessment, please point to the interview that said “Djorkaeff was a panic buy” and “We never intended to use EE or CB in any senior squad circumstance” 

What a bitter supporter you really are where you think it’s a negative, someone supporting our club chairman. That is what’s indeed shameful.

Meanwhile in the real world we're talking about players who weren't in JGs plans in November and couldn't even get game time when our too small squad almost buckled in December as I predicted the arrival of the transfer window has pushed them further away from the first team picture, it's a process that happens at every club every January - simples! :1eye

Your problem is that as a self appointed vigilante for GLS you're often unable to accept objective arguments and you've been caught making a complete U-turn in this thread with your bitter, negative & shameful posting exposed, it's ironic that GLSs "behind the curve" statement! indicated that he shares my POV on this issue - it's quite clear that his rejection has affected you badly. :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
36 minutes ago, munoz said:
Overall Durmas has been a success for me. Sure, he's slightly inconsistent but overall pretty talented. 
Also , his 2 goals have resulted in a third of our points tally.  
Good player. 

I agree to disagree, but cite the amount of times the manager has dropped/hooked him to justify view.

He has started the last 5 games in which we've had our best form of the season.  

He must be doing something right.

Funnily enough,  the last game he didn't start was the 3 nil pumping at the hands(feet) of Motherwell. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, munoz said:
He has started the last 5 games in which we've had our best form of the season.  
He must be doing something right.
Funnily enough,  the last game he didn't start was the 3 nil pumping at the hands(feet) of Motherwell. 

How many has he finished all season?

You tell me , you've obviously checked. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
28 minutes ago, munoz said:
You tell me , you've obviously checked. 

Hadn't but just have. 4 out of 20 league games.

He plays in an attacking position which along with the strikers, is most likely going to be subbed if we are chasing the game. That doesn't make his a bad player,  or even worse- likely to be shown the door. 

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Meanwhile in the real world we're talking about players who weren't in JGs plans in November and couldn't even get game time when our too small squad almost buckled in December as I predicted the arrival of the transfer window has pushed them further away from the first team picture, it's a process that happens at every club every January - simples! :1eye

Your problem is that as a self appointed vigilante for GLS you're often unable to accept objective arguments and you've been caught making a complete U-turn in this thread with your bitter, negative & shameful posting exposed, it's ironic that GLSs "behind the curve" statement! indicated that he shares my POV on this issue - it's quite clear that his rejection has affected you badly. :1eye

EE was injured, CB, plenty of cover in his position throughout that time. So again wrong. It isn't exactly an earth shattering prediction to think a team will reevaluate in the January window, given practically every other club do the same. If you want to take that little victory though, go ahead, you're lacking so far. lol.

Have you at least moved away from your nonsense on this window somehow proving we wanted a bigger squad in the summer? What a laughable point that was. Let's ignore additional income like half ticket sales, bigots in Europe & Scottish cup crowd/ progression. 

IMO GLS has done a great job since coming in. For the fourth season (so far this one) we have progressed as a club on the park. We have done so while still recording profits on the accounts. I don't know what more people can ask for and you somehow think that's a bad thing. What a bitter fan you are. If things change & I feel GLS is to blame, I will have no issue voicing my concerns, it just hasn't happened. 

I have made no U turn, that is just you lying. You've tried this technique before and I easily beat you by quoting old threads. Your desperation to save face in debating me really has you stooping to new lows doesn't it? 

The "behind the curve" does not, as I have pointed out many times, being behind at a certain point doesn't mean failure. That's ridiculous. We can also point to Goody's recent interviews where he clearly said, we had to be reactive because of the time he was appointed in the summer. Completely proving you wrong that Gus was expected to sign a bunch of players between managerial appointments. Continued presence obviously refereed to what was said at the OK Q&A. Scouting and researching players. 

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
7 hours ago, munoz said:
He plays in an attacking position which along with the strikers, is most likely going to be subbed if we are chasing the game. That doesn't make his a bad player,  or even worse- likely to be shown the door. 

Hmmm.. a lot of those games he didn't start either. Was a two year deal the right decision?

A new target for LPM, must be getting the negative shakes from us only losing one in five. Durmus has been getting better and better over the last couple months after an indifferent start.

Should that continue we’ll be thankful it’s a two year deal. 

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The "behind the curve" does not, as I have pointed out many times, being behind at a certain point doesn't mean failure. That's ridiculous. We can also point to Goody's recent interviews where he clearly said, we had to be reactive because of the time he was appointed in the summer. Completely proving you wrong that Gus was expected to sign a bunch of players between managerial appointments. Continued presence obviously refereed to what was said at the OK Q&A. Scouting and researching players. 

Gus himself just ratified that point in the recently posted interview