Who's Out?

On 1/17/2020 at 6:01 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Sorry Baz, but I cannot agree with you here.

Jack Ross has worked with Magennis before. Magennis is the next player expected to depart from our club for a fee (Hladky is the other possibility but we all know he’s free in the summer too). Hibs are exactly the sort of club we expect Magennis to move on to.

I don’t see how asking what the chances of this move are is trolling. If LPM had claimed he had a source suggesting this move was on the cards, or if LPM was claiming this move is definitely going to happen, then by all means he would be trolling. If he had suggested a lower club like Partick Thistle or a bigger club like Everton were in for him, he’d be trolling. But he didn’t, he just asked for thoughts on a realistic and possible move.

While true, this entire thread has been down to “mights” and “shoulds” considering the only out so far has been a random youth we know little about.

Magennis has 18 months left on his contract & is on very decent form. Personally I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that Hibs have the money that we would accept to let him go at this stage.

They don’t generally spend high six figure sums from what I can tell & that would be an absolute steal for a player like Magennis on this length of contract. Personally I’d want no less than seven figures at this stage, 

There’s not been a whisper of this from anyone as far as I can tell but LPM. Just like his chat on Durmus, it’s stirring in my view. 

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

.....nothing new from me either, just a refusal to be bullied off the forum by your bitter, negative, sycophantic etc, etc posting. .:snore.

On the two issues:

1. On the redefinition GM:s role - I ain;t the one spinning the issue. :1eye
    yes you are. Read the interviews, job wasn’t defined when he came onboard. Oh and by the way recruitment was initially his short term role, not long term. "Short-term it's recruitment. I think that's all we can really look at just now”  "Longer-term you are looking at the development of the club, the structure of the club, and working with the manager, the coaches in the academy as well, the directors, and everyone, to improve what's already there." Or are you denying this & saying his job is ‘transfers’ something no one has said?  
    Pointing out where you’re wrong is bullying? 😂😂 sheltered life you must have had. 
  1. Breadner,Djorkaeff & Erhahom (Good name for a Prog Rock group :whistle ) - all clearly out off the picture by November (if not before), you have made a U-turn that would embarrass any normal person. :1eye

Is this as close as we’ll get to you admitting you were wrong on Cammy? Another great game from him today. 
As I have said, how great it would be if every player worked out to be a revelation. Not the way it works. OD hasn’t worked out & will likely be moved on. CB & EE were both parts of the senior squad assembled in the summer, that’s from the team squad, if you think it’s wrong, prove it. Squads get re-evaluated and I now feel they’d benefit from being moved on. That’s based on now, not then so not a U-turn. No luck. 
you’ve actually beaten yourself here. You either have to admit you were wrong on Cammy or accept he’s now an important part of the squad to the extent he’s probably first 11. If you say the latter does that mean you think he’s been re-evaluated? 😁

On 1/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Ffs, all LPM said regarding Magennis was “Might, MIGHT, “might”, Jack Ross put in a bid for Magennis.” He’s literally asking a question on a forum.

Whether or not he’s a shit stirrer, it’s a simple question on a forum. He’s not claiming JR has bidded, or even claimed JR wants KM, he’s just asking a question on the forum.

Whats the point of having or being on a forum if a question like this is upsetting people? Regardless of what you think of LPM’s usual questions, there is f**k all wrong with that particular question yet some feel the need to take offence to it.

The way magennis has played for the last 2 seasons he couldnt lace mallan's boots. Totally ineffective in games. 

Magennis has 18 months left on his contract & is on very decent form. Personally I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that Hibs have the money that we would accept to let him go at this stage.

They don’t generally spend high six figure sums from what I can tell & that would be an absolute steal for a player like Magennis on this length of contract. Personally I’d want no less than seven figures at this stage, 
There’s not been a whisper of this from anyone as far as I can tell but LPM. Just like his chat on Durmus, it’s stirring in my view. 
Lol..
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-issues-hands-off-warning-to-hibs-over-buddies-starlet-1-5049295/amp

22 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I stand corrected, whispers from other people that are not Hibs managers or in anyway associated with Hibs... See how easy that was? 

The desperation is real to spin this, I have to say. A news story from November as a response to Jack Ross taking the Hibs job. 🤣

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Our manager was asked a question on it in response to JR coming back to Scottish football and said he's not for sale. A complete baseless story.
Spin away as per LPM. 

ROTFLMAO

22 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

He went back to November to find a non story. Pretty much sums up his desperation to try and stir. All because a lady loves a coffee. emoji23.png

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Mullen joining Djorkaeff thru the exit door rumours suggest. If they could shift McAllister he should join them.
There'll be tears on here before bedtime for wee Danny boy.

Thrives on negativity and trolling his own "team" and fellow "fans" how sad. 

On 1/18/2020 at 6:23 PM, bazil85 said:

Nothing new to say - so I'll say it in in bold 😁

Nothing new from me either, just a short reply to remind you

1. i ain't the one spinning :1eye
  2. I ain't the one who's made a U-Turn (& not for the first time) :1eye
  3. GLSs "behind the curve" statement endorses my POV on our summer transfer dealings. :1eye

It easy for me to carry on with this argument because I'm a Saints fan arguing objectively, unlike your bitter, negative & sycophantic replies.

25 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. i ain't the one spinning 

Yes you are. My points are backed with the actual articles you’re referencing and the lack of information to back-up your own points.

1. I ain't the one who's made a U-Turn (& not for the first time) 

No U-turns from me in any of our engagements, not one. You clearly don’t understand how transfer windows work.

1. GLSs "behind the curve" statement endorses my POV on our summer transfer dealings. 

No it doesn’t “behind the curve” regarding the club does not mean a specific member of staff has failed in their role. You’ve admitted before “behind the curve” was regarding the club. I have shown Gus job was a continuation in the “football department” I have shown that at no point does it say his job was “transfers” I have shown recruitment was only his short-term role and "Longer-term you are looking at the development of the club, the structure of the club, and working with the manager, the coaches in the academy as well, the directors, and everyone, to improve what's already there."

You have a hatred for Gus, how much it obviously pains you that we have observably progressed in his time back at the club 😃

It easy for me to carry on with this argument because I'm a Saints fan arguing objectively, unlike your bitter, negative & sycophantic replies.

Nice wee bit of attempted reverse phycology there. When absolutely everything else you have tried has failed due to me being a better debater than you and literally quoting words from the people we are talking about… Why not?

Extra income from a tie against Motherwell in the cup eh? Another factor that means the final squad size at the end of January will be irrelevant to the summer squad size… Ouch

Interesting to see so many people up in arms about Mullen being told he’s free to find a new club. Christ, even someone talking about petitions for a new contract! 

Yes, he did score some important goals last season but ultimately he’s not going to push us on a level, and clearly down the pecking order. Telling that in the league, Cooke has been coming on ahead of him and ultimately placing him as 4th choice.

He’s done a job and thank him for that, but we move on. Reaction is akin to Gareth Wardlaw leaving...

52 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Interesting to see so many people up in arms about Mullen being told he’s free to find a new club. Christ, even someone talking about petitions for a new contract! 

Yes, he did score some important goals last season but ultimately he’s not going to push us on a level, and clearly down the pecking order. Telling that in the league, Cooke has been coming on ahead of him and ultimately placing him as 4th choice.

He’s done a job and thank him for that, but we move on. Reaction is akin to Gareth Wardlaw leaving...

Agree with this, there's some players you're more sorry to see leave than others and I'll be sorry to see Mullen go. But we need someone better to push Obika and Morias now, along with Cooke. If the talk of a new striker coming in materialises, it isn't fair on Mullen being left to be forgotten about for the last six months of his contract. 

Wardlaw's gone?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Wardlaw's gone?

Just since the window opened. 

He leapt at the chance.