Who's Out?

49 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Source close to club told me yesterday another striker, a wide player and one other targeted to come in next wee. No names though. Also said Mullen and Cooke going. Deal for Baird to sign for Ayr fell through so back to Morton until summer. How true this all is we will wait and see.

Can’t be true as @Sweeper07 hasn’t told us! 😂

In fact, he told us Baird was coming back! 😂

6 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Source close to club told me yesterday another striker, a wide player and one other targeted to come in next wee. No names though. Also said Mullen and Cooke going. Deal for Baird to sign for Ayr fell through so back to Morton until summer. How true this all is we will wait and see.

Would make sense. 

I've given up on Jack returning. 

Danny and Cody are on the fringes. 

We need better service to the front men. 

Doesn't improve our left back position though. 

On 1/25/2020 at 1:08 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

Not sure Baird could have signed for Ayr: he's already played for us and Morton this season.

Presumably the 'third' player there will now be a right full back.

7 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

How,s this for a team 

Hladky

McGinn McKenzie Famewo Waters

Djorkoff Flynn Andrieu McGinn

Cooke Mullen

All going at the end of the season , which gives us a decent budget to get a few good players in . Perhaps two or three by the end of the week if McGinn moves on 

Only 3 players who I would class as 1st team Regulars. Hladky, P McGinn & Flynn. Not really been impressed with Andrieu, a constantly injured CB, 2 loan players and 2 fringe players, oh and the captain

A striker would have been the priority before last week but with Magennis injured and McGinn probably away we now need cover for both. God knows when we’ll see McAllister again. 3 year deal now looking like a disaster. But him and McGrath should at least give us more creativity. I’d punt all 4 of the forward line that started yesterday. None of them reliable.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Nice to see you simply for me to refute. Streamlining the process.

1. I ain't the one spinning 

Yes you are, several examples over the months below

• Behind the curve doesn’t mean failure
  • Cammy Macpherson
  • Signing a player before a League Cup campaign doesn’t mean he was signed in a panic
  • Your denial that you claimed GLS was lying (used the word spin to try and spin out of it ironically)
  1. I ain't the one who's made a U-Turn
  • I have made no U-turn, my take on the scenario in the summer is unchanged. You either have to accept this or it’s clear you don’t understand football squads priorities can change window to window
  1. GLSs "behind the curve" statement does  endorse my POV on our summer transfer dealings. 

No it doesn’t, your POV was that Gus failed in his role, I have debunked this using quotes, lack of evidence & addressing your word spin as above

• Someone or something being “behind” at some point does not mean out and out failure. I have shown you an example in Liverpool’s CL success. A more relevant example is the fact St Mirren are ahead of where we were this time last season and that’s been more consistent for much of this season.
  • I quoted the actual interviews from Gus and GLS. You have made wrong claims he was in charge of “transfers” and his role was to provide continuity regarding incoming players. This simply isn’t true. Not once in any interview does it say Gus is responsible for transfers, at the OK Q&A it was communicated his role (in part) would be the early stages of player identifying and review. In his own interview it said recruitment would only be his short-term goal (very successful in that last January, I’m sure you’ll give Gus the credit he deserves there). He also said that his job is whatever the manager wants. GLS interview said the job had not been defined, GLS interview said the continued presence is in the “FOOTBALL department”

It easy for me to carry on with this argument because I'm a Saints fan arguing objectively, unlike your bitter, negative & sycophantic replies. I wont be bullied off the forum.

There is nothing objective about ignoring the content that you’re arguing about. If you want to be objective, address the below quotes. As for your “negative and sycophantic” point, reverse psychology attempt noted. No one is trying to bully you off the form, keep em coming.

GLS “We want to have someone within the football department who will be a constant presence” “The board have a vision of how they want the football club to develop. At present we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it”

Gus “It’s a supporting role, whatever the manager wants really” “Short-term it’s recruitment, I think that’s all we can really look at just now” “Longer-term you are looking at the development of the club, the structure of the club and working with the manager. The coaches in the academy as well, the directors and everyone, to improve what’s already there”

Nice to see you simply for me to refute. Streamlining the process.
  1. I ain't the one spinning 
 Yes you are, several examples over the months below
  • Behind the curve doesn’t mean failure
  • Cammy Macpherson
  • Signing a player before a League Cup campaign doesn’t mean he was signed in a panic
  • Your denial that you claimed GLS was lying (used the word spin to try and spin out of it ironically)
  1. I ain't the one who's made a U-Turn
  • I have made no U-turn, my take on the scenario in the summer is unchanged. You either have to accept this or it’s clear you don’t understand football squads priorities can change window to window
  1. GLSs "behind the curve" statement does  endorse my POV on our summer transfer dealings. 
No it doesn’t, your POV was that Gus failed in his role, I have debunked this using quotes, lack of evidence & addressing your word spin as above
  • Someone or something being “behind” at some point does not mean out and out failure. I have shown you an example in Liverpool’s CL success. A more relevant example is the fact St Mirren are ahead of where we were this time last season and that’s been more consistent for much of this season.
  • I quoted the actual interviews from Gus and GLS. You have made wrong claims he was in charge of “transfers” and his role was to provide continuity regarding incoming players. This simply isn’t true. Not once in any interview does it say Gus is responsible for transfers, at the OK Q&A it was communicated his role (in part) would be the early stages of player identifying and review. In his own interview it said recruitment would only be his short-term goal (very successful in that last January, I’m sure you’ll give Gus the credit he deserves there). He also said that his job is whatever the manager wants. GLS interview said the job had not been defined, GLS interview said the continued presence is in the “FOOTBALL department”
 It easy for me to carry on with this argument because I'm a Saints fan arguing objectively, unlike your bitter, negative & sycophantic replies. I wont be bullied off the forum.
There is nothing objective about ignoring the content that you’re arguing about. If you want to be objective, address the below quotes. As for your “negative and sycophantic” point, reverse psychology attempt noted. No one is trying to bully you off the form, keep em coming.
GLS “We want to have someone within the football department who will be a constant presence” “The board have a vision of how they want the football club to develop. At present we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it”
Gus “It’s a supporting role, whatever the manager wants really” “Short-term it’s recruitment, I think that’s all we can really look at just now” “Longer-term you are looking at the development of the club, the structure of the club and working with the manager. The coaches in the academy as well, the directors and everyone, to improve what’s already there”
Aye.
Wheres the great Kyle McAllister?

53 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'm not a statistician but the ratio between minutes played and goals scored might indicate Danny Mullen comes top.

I say 'minutes' because Danny  has hardly been given a chance this season.   I would love to hear the reason why from Mr Goodwin.

Probably need to caveat that with impact playing. Off the bench with 15 minutes to go, scores a goal. Some players that thrive in that scenario & Danny has on occasion. 

I'm amazed that Saints have ok'd Hibs to talk to McGinn. I can only assume Goodwin has a RB coming in. Flynn has done OK but even if he did better it still means we lose his dig in midfield.

As for the strikers. Before ditching Cooke and Mullen, why not give them some decent minutes on the park? Obika and Morias haven't exactly set the heather on fire. 

Morias runs about like a headless Danny Mullen and I am actually starting to think Obika is bomb proof. He spends most of the game strolling across the park to where the HAD been. When the ball does come to him he can't win a header and he can't trap a ball. He's terrible with his back to goal and his first touch is a godsend to the opposition defence.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm not a statistician but the ratio between minutes played and goals scored might indicate Danny Mullen comes top.
I say 'minutes' because Danny  has hardly been given a chance this season.   I would love to hear the reason why from Mr Goodwin.
He's the best finisher out of the forwards, including andreu.
His lack of height limits his starts playing as a lone forward. I think he'd offer something in a wide role - can only assume the manager doesn't think so.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, rabuddies said:
His contract is up in the summer so he doesn't need the clubs permission. 

They do need the clubs permission if they want him now. Which apparently Ross says has been given.

This is what I meant. For all we'll get is it worth losing our only real RB?