Oh Dear Sunderland......

thomsons dropped it

34 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

:lol:

You win. :1eye

Irish heritage, the Pope, less than 7 years ago, I've just dribbled, never heard such an attempt at covering up your stupidity, well done. 😜

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

You win. :1eye

Irish heritage, the Pope, less than 7 years ago, I've just dribbled, never heard such an attempt at covering up your stupidity, well done. 😜

You want more... Really? 

The priest involved is the Chaplain to Sunderland FC. St Patricks day is celebrated. Try Googling. You must have some basic ability. I'll let you do some more work on it. Clue.. Have you tried Sunderland FC Catholic? Have you tried the movement of people to the city from ireland? Where do you think their liking for players who were irish.? Think before you vent. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You want more... Really? 

The priest involved is the Chaplain to Sunderland FC. St Patricks day is celebrated. Try Googling. You must have some basic ability. I'll let you do some more work on it. Clue.. Have you tried Sunderland FC Catholic? Have you tried the movement of people to the city from ireland? Where do you think their liking for players who were irish.? Think before you vent. 

:1eye

Night night fool, dream about me as you do every night. :byebye

7 minutes ago, john scott said:

I'm  not saying you're wrong St Ricky but I've never heard such links living just up the road and coming into contact with Sunderland fans a lot in everyday life.  Surprised.

John. I think the healthy thing is that there is no sectarian element. For that reason its essentially a non topic, I agtee. It's just a matter of club and social history. 

9 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Martin O'neil is/was a Sunderland fan, but if I'm being honest and with having worked down there on many occasions I've got to say I think you're talking nonsense Ricky boy...

Aye, but Google says.........................wait, what does Google say as there's been no credible proof of Rickys deranged claims.

Another week, same incredible posts. :lol:

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Aye, but Google says.........................wait, what does Google say as there's been no credible proof of Rickys deranged claims.
Another week, same incredible posts. emoji38.png

Apparently, so Google tells me, Sunderland had an influx of Irish in the 19th century - just the same as most large UK cities, although more Irish went to Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Indeed, part of the social history of Sunderland and a number of cities and towns in England and Scotland. The club maintains its links partly through its appointment of a catholic priest ad its official chaplain.  Gladly, Sunderland and most of the othet clubs havr not followed the sectarian path. Sadly, in Scotland two in particular have. 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Another week, same incredible posts. emoji38.png

Apparently, so Google tells me, Sunderland had an influx of Irish in the 19th century - just the same as most large UK cities, although more Irish went to Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Aye, that Google knows it's stuff, although I had already figured out west coast towns and cities would have had more of them pesky Irish people. 

Thanks for confirming, albeit unnecessary. 😉

18 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Aye, that Google knows it's stuff, although I had already figured out west coast towns and cities would have had more of them pesky Irish people. 
Thanks for confirming, albeit unnecessary. emoji6.png

The point I was making was that Sunderland isn't any more Irish than any other large town or city.

The point I was making is that Ricky made an issue out of thin air, in other words made it up. 

Entrenched. 🤪🤪🤪

• 4 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, Yflab said:

I see that Leagues 1&2 in England have ended resulting in another failed attempt at promotion for Sunderland.

No doubt Dickson will be blaming Jack Ross......

Their fans are also raging that there will be no season ticket refund for games not played. Not exactly an example of the unending loyalty displayed in the Netflix series.

Good job they won't meet Coventry (unless it's in the cup) next season. That Jimmy Hill statue would have been getting pulled down by the mackems Colston style. They hate him and still hold a grudge from the 70s. He was Cov chairman and they were playing Bristol City. Both teams were in the relegation battle with Sunderland. The Cov game ko'd late and played out the draw both teams needed to stay up at Sunderlands expense. Claims of conspiracy of course.

• 5 months later...