So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

EU not willing to start talks on the Brexit Trade Agreement until the start of March giving the r27 countries time to decide on a unified position, this is possibly in response to our government's declared hope that they will be able to exploit divisions in the national interests of the separate countries.

June/July has repeatedly been mentioned as the deadline for a deal to be reached and give time for the details to be worked out and agreed by all parties involved if an extension to the UKs final exit is to be avoided - does anyone actually think that BJ & his compadres will be able to negotiate a good deal within this 4/5 month period? 

19 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

1. Boris doesn't care if it is a good deal. He could come back with the worst deal possible and claim he was just acting on what the country voted for. Then he will (probably) start cutting people's rights etc. and make a fortune, along with his already loaded backers.

2. The sooner we're out of this the better, IMO.

1. You're almost certainly right about BJ, I've always said his long term goal is the money from the book deal, after dinner circuit & company directorships to be picked up after the current gig is up.

2.  I understand this is a loaded question  but do you really think leaving on schedule with a bad deal is a better option than a delay to get a better deal - BJ could always argue that the delay was a result of the WA being delayed by 10 months?

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
1. You're almost certainly right about BJ, I've always said his long term goal is the money from the book deal, after dinner circuit & company directorships to be picked up after the current gig is up.
2.  I understand this is a loaded question  but do you really think leaving on schedule with a bad deal is a better option than a delay to get a better deal - BJ could always argue that the delay was a result of the WA being delayed by 10 months?

I meant Scotland out of the UK.

Fairy Nuff!

The point I was trying to make, clumsily, is that BJ is untrustworthy e.g. only a week before ditching the DUP he was saying "no Conservative PM a deal that would involve part of the UK in a different Customs Union" - he's a loose cannon. 

Guest TPAFKATS

So that's both the Scottish and Northern Irish Parliaments rejected the withdrawal deal by way of a formal vote.
Welsh Parliament hasn't voted yet

How's that union of equals working?

Guest TPAFKATS
A Brexit MEP finally finds out what Brexit means. [emoji23]
This is up there with Grimsby voting to leave the EU in 2016 then voting for a tory MP in 2019 in order to "get brexit done". Grimsby is now looking for a special exemption so that it can still sell fish to EU [emoji1787]

Guest TPAFKATS

And the Welsh Parliament also vote down the brexit withdrawal bill. So that's all 3 devolved parliaments unanimous in their opposition to it.

Johnson doing a great job of uniting the uk

Already looking forward to

31/1/20 [emoji4]

Now Brexit finally is happening, those who voted to leave can say goodbye to the ‘parties of betrayal’ and those who just couldn’t accept the result.

All those that did everything ( which amounted to nothing finally ) to stop & delay it can perhaps understand why the conservatives got a huge majority

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Already looking forward to

31/1/20 emoji4.png

Now Brexit finally is happening, those who voted to leave can say goodbye to the ‘parties of betrayal’ and those who just couldn’t accept the result.

All those that did everything ( which amounted to nothing finally ) to stop & delay it can perhaps understand why the conservatives got a huge majority

And that majority may finally realise what they've got and cry for help.