So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

18 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Already looking forward to

31/1/20 emoji4.png

Now Brexit finally is happening, those who voted to leave can say goodbye to the ‘parties of betrayal’ and those who just couldn’t accept the result.

All those that did everything ( which amounted to nothing finally ) to stop & delay it can perhaps understand why the conservatives got a huge majority

When it all settles down in a few years I don't think the average person on the street will see much different to the way things are today.

There will still be massive amounts of immigration it's just that now it will be equally EU and non-EU based, we'll all be able to live and work in the EU and EU citizens will continue to be allowed to live and work here.

Trade will be freely undertaken as well.

To me there's no reason to "celebrate" this or to talk about "doom and gloom".

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Incessantly, flagrant pushing of a right wing agenda holds no appeal for me, but I respect your right to (misguidedly) believe in it. 

What is a right wing agenda ? 

When it all settles down in a few years I don't think the average person on the street will see much different to the way things are today.
There will still be massive amounts of immigration it's just that now it will be equally EU and non-EU based, we'll all be able to live and work in the EU and EU citizens will continue to be allowed to live and work here.
Trade will be freely undertaken as well.
To me there's no reason to "celebrate" this or to talk about "doom and gloom".

Naturally major differences in the details of it.

But for me, it’s important to respect the result of the overall vote first.

I think you’re correct, to the public not much will be different.

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Naturally major differences in the details of it.

But for me, it’s important to respect the result of the overall vote first.

I think you’re correct, to the public not much will be different.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping to see the result overturned somehow but there's no doubt that would have been undemocratic.

I accept the result and that yet again I was on the wrong bloody side of it.

It's time to look ahead..

26 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

And everytime someone clicks on his you tube links it adds to the views, making them appear more popular emoji6.png

Heaven forbid that individuals make their own choices in a free world eh?

Far better for the likes of you to make our judgments for us? 🤣

Crikey that really would be a bleak life.

Guest TPAFKATS
Far better for the likes of you to make our judgments for us? [emoji1787]
Only one making judgements is you, ya big drama queen.

43 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
Far better for the likes of you to make our judgments for us? emoji1787.png

Only one making judgements is you, ya big drama queen.

I judge nobody. I observe. And accept.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, whydowebother said:

All those that did everything ( which amounted to nothing finally ) to stop & delay it can perhaps understand why the conservatives got a huge majority

By abandoning their principles - BJs Withdrawal Agreement is 99% the first one the EU offered TM, one that was rejected by TM (and her then Foreign Secretary BJ :rolleyes: ). A deal that BJ was still saying "no Conservative & Unionist PM could countenance" up until a week before he did just that. I remember the DUP sniggering at BJs "no surrender" double entendre - they're not laughing now.

As Ulster Unionist leader Edward Carson said a century ago

What a fool I was! I was only a puppet, and so was Ulster, and so was Ireland, in the political game that was to get the Conservative Party into Power.

Plus ça change...

I'm not even denying it was a masterstroke to gamble on polling evidence that Brexiteers "oop north" cared less about the Union than, erm, Brexit just saying don't be surprised when it's your turn.

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No it doesn't :lol:

Oh yes it does. 

He's behind you. 

Panto season. 

Care to suggest any other valid reason. 

Am I correct, that WW2 started when we didn't get the undertaking we had requested by 11.00 UK time [12.00 Berlin Time) and that the First World War Finished on the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month UK time (12 Noon Brussels Time)? 

So if push comes to shove (and it probably will) who will the government stick by, the City or the Fishermen? :rolleyes:

Varadkar suggested that the UK would fail to get a trade deal allowing its banks access to the EU’s financial services market unless it agree to let EU boats carry on fishing in its waters

Edited by Bud the Baker

Meanwhile the real issue is surely the punctuation on our celebratory 50p coin!

Three million coins bearing the slogan “Peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations” are due to enter circulation from 31 January.

However, early responses include His Dark Materials novelist Philip Pullman’s criticism of its punctuation.

“The ‘Brexit’ 50p coin is missing an Oxford comma, and should be boycotted by all literate people,” wrote the novelist on Twitter, while Times Literary Supplement editor Stig Abell wrote that, while it was “not perhaps the only objection” to the Brexit-celebrating coin, “the lack of a comma after ‘prosperity’ is killing me”.