So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

Best description of Brexit ever, well done you!

Amusing

However living in England for over 3 decades it’s right for England

I 100% understand that Scotland is a different view on this hence why there is a clear mandate for Indyref2

But for me, it’s truly about respecting the result of the referendum

Wasn't my preference but that's democracy.
Pity some only like democracy when it goes their way. 

Truly, it was about respecting the result for me.

I love honesty and respect and fully understand why it doesn’t suit Scotland

But I’m also looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

I was 51 on Wednesday this week and know what being part of the EU brings.

I believe we are big enough, strong enough and bold enough to do better.

A few bumps expected obviously as with any relationship break up, but we will be stronger afterwards

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wasn't my preference but that's democracy.

Pity some only like democracy when it goes their way. 

Democracy depends for its legitimacy on honest argument. There was little honest about the Brexit campaign to leave. 

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
19 minutes ago, saint in exile said:
Listened to some Yorkshire twats on Sky saying this is a great night for England.  Just about sums it up.

A radio commentator made the mistake this afternoon about how it was England leaving the EU and he had to quickly correct himself that it was the UK.

The unconscious bias is abundantly clear through all elements in England. The rest of us are stateless. England is GB

8 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
21 minutes ago, saint in exile said:
Listened to some Yorkshire twats on Sky saying this is a great night for England.  Just about sums it up.

A radio commentator made the mistake this afternoon about how it was England leaving the EU and he had to quickly correct himself that it was the UK.

But up here we've been constantly talking about how Scotland voted to remain.

We can hardly then turn round and take the huff when people talk about this being a win for England.

Really, as disappointing as tonight is, Remainers are behaving like spoiled entitled arseholes over this. Posting videos of drunk Leavers unable to give an articulate response over why they voted Leave is pretty disgraceful. Leavers don't need to explain anything. It was a free vote and they don't have to justify themselves to anyone.

Leavers are entitled to their parties tonight. The rest of us should show some dignity and let them enjoy their win.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

But up here we've been constantly talking about how Scotland voted to remain.

We can hardly then turn round and take the huff when people talk about this being a win for England.

Really, as disappointing as tonight is, Remainers are behaving like spoiled entitled arseholes over this. Posting videos of drunk Leavers unable to give an articulate response over why they voted Leave is pretty disgraceful. Leavers don't need to explain anything. It was a free vote and they don't have to justify themselves to anyone.

Leavers are entitled to their parties tonight. The rest of us should show some dignity and let them enjoy their win.

While having a party seems a tad over the top, yes, it was a democratic vote and that's that.

All the attempts to blow smoke over the result is just sore losers or ignoramuses, or both. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

At least we're getting our infrastructure back.

I would like to suggest they are in for a massive shock when they realise that everything they blamed the EU for will still be a problem here.

I say “would like to suggest”, but in reality they’ll still manage to blame the EU over every ill here instead of holding their own government to account. These guys in the videos you’ve posted haven’t even got a f**king clue what they actually voted for. Thickest of the thick.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I would like to suggest they are in for a massive shock when they realise that everything they blamed the EU for will still be a problem here.

I say “would like to suggest”, but in reality they’ll still manage to blame the EU over every ill here instead of holding their own government to account. These guys in the videos you’ve posted haven’t even got a f**king clue what they actually voted for. Thickest of the thick.

This is just ridiculously arrogant CS.

This is just ridiculously arrogant CS.
Have you watched the videos? It's not a generality, it's about the people in the videos and 'the thickest of the thick' is not a 'ridiculously arrogant' way to describe those specific people. Most of your posts on just about anything, on the other hand...

7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
7 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Are you okay now ?