So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m unsure as to where I’ve stated the people in the videos were poor.

I will say though, a working-class Tory voter is the equivalent of the turkey voting for Xmas.

The people in that video are right at the bottom of the pile. That was the whole point. Those who made that video deliberately sought them out to provide an opportunity to laugh and roll eyes at them. It's pure manipulation and it worked. Just look at the comments on this thread.

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
7 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:
Eric Arthur Blair, no less.FB_IMG_1580634939788.thumb.jpg.2b9c1665b112c1c78b33e7ef659894ff.jpg

He was some man.

Not for me.

"the clocks struck thirteen" has to be one of the most stupid introductions to a book I've ever read.

I was forced to read 1984 at school and it was a depressing, miserable read. I hate the endless negativity and victim mentality it breeds.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The people in that video are right at the bottom of the pile. That was the whole point. Those who made that video deliberately sought them out to provide an opportunity to laugh and roll eyes at them. It's pure manipulation and it worked. Just look at the comments on this thread.

It also shows there are some people out there who didn’t have a clue about what the EU does, how it operates, or what the UK already did have control of. It’s the typical patriotic “Britain is great so it can do everything itself” mentality. 

I want Indy, but I want people to vote for it with the right reasons in mind. I don’t want to hear “I don’t like the English” or “it meenz we cun kick awra Engerlanders out!” because it’s a shite reason and shows they ain’t really got a clue about the things that really matter. I know you’ll say something they don’t have to justify their reasons to me, you or anyone else, but if someone asks me why I vote for that party or want Indy, I want to give a respectable reason for my choices as I feel they deserve to understand it, even if they disagree with it.

16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It also shows there are some people out there who didn’t have a clue about what the EU does, how it operates, or what the UK already did have control of. It’s the typical patriotic “Britain is great so it can do everything itself” mentality. 

I want Indy, but I want people to vote for it with the right reasons in mind. I don’t want to hear “I don’t like the English” or “it meenz we cun kick awra Engerlanders out!” because it’s a shite reason and shows they ain’t really got a clue about the things that really matter. I know you’ll say something they don’t have to justify their reasons to me, you or anyone else, but if someone asks me why I vote for that party or want Indy, I want to give a respectable reason for my choices as I feel they deserve to understand it, even if they disagree with it.

There are people on both sides who "don't have a clue", that's what democracy is, everyone, irrespective of IQ, ability or knowledge, gets a vote.

If you start to discount these people then democracy is dead. 

Not everyone can, or wants to, go into great depth, they make choices for all sorts of "shit" reasons.

Guest TPAFKATS
There you go Google, getting all upset and talking mince.
Show me where I said I knew better than the people you Googled?
You need help. :byebye
I didn't Google anyone

Hope this helps

Guest TPAFKATS
They were celebrating the event they voted for at what was a significant and momentous occasion. They were asked about this.
"deliberately sought them out" [emoji1]

Those who made that video? You haven't even watched it, have you? It's a BBC News interview, ya trumpet.

Guest TPAFKATS

You'd think those who won the vote and saw us "leave" the EU would be happy and enjoying their victory.
Instead there's still the same level of bitterness and vitriol as there's been since June 2016.

My personal view remains the same

I 100% understand that Brexit is completely different for Scotland compared to England & respect the views of remainers.

It was about honouring and respecting the vote.

Otherwise there is no point voting

Delighted however to be leaving [emoji4]

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

My personal view remains the same

I 100% understand that Brexit is completely different for Scotland compared to England & respect the views of remainers.

It was about honouring and respecting the vote.

Otherwise there is no point voting

Delighted however to be leaving emoji4.png

Your second last sentence is correct. There was clearly no point in voting on the EU referendum if you lived in Scotland. The same applies to many issues under the current UK political system. Not fit for purpose. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Setting up the excuses should there end up being no deal. Blame the EU for no deal, just like blaming the EU because the UK parliament needed three years to make a decision, blaming the EU for all of the UK’s ills. It’s what the Tories have done for a decade and should there be no deal, they’ll blame the EU for that as well.

3 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Nissan have told the EU that if they don't do a good deal with the UK they will pull their factories in France and Spain and move the production to ......the UK

Remember the scare stories of last year ??

Sounds like we are heading for a trade war with the EUrocrats

As I understand it....... Correct me if I am wrong... We chose to leave and as such kicked this off. 

At least some of us have the option of dual nationality to fall back on. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
Nissan have told the EU that if they don't do a good deal with the UK they will pull their factories in France and Spain and move the production to ......the UK

Remember the scare stories of last year ??

Sounds like we are heading for a trade war with the EUrocrats

It's Nissan/Renault.

There won't be a war as Renault badged motors will sell in Europe and Nissan badged motors in UK. Although it'll only be the ones built in UK not Japanese built Nissan until we get a trade deal with Japan.

So not sure how many models that is but they stopped plans for new xtrail a year or so ago.

That's if it happens. This plan was drawn up prior to the new chief exec being appointed.