So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

13 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:
On 2/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, theknickerwetter said:

Nissan have told the EU that if they don't do a good deal with the UK they will pull their factories in France and Spain and move the production to ......the UK

Remember the scare stories of last year ??

Sounds like we are heading for a trade war with the EUrocrats

It's even in your dear old lefty times

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/03/nissan-eu-uk-hard-brexit

Did you read The Guardian article? 

It says it is only one of several options, perhaps no longer relevant....

The contingency plan is said to be one of several drawn up in preparation for post-Brexit tariffs and was drafted before Makoto Uchida became Nissan’s chief executive on 1 December, the FT reported.

...and  one unlikely to be chosen!

David Bailey, the professor of industrial strategy at Aston Business School, said Nissan’s plan was likely to be only one of multiple options and did not signal a vote of confidence in Britain’s prospects in the event of a hard Brexit.

“Nissan has certainly been doing scenario modelling and it’s not clear how current this planning is,” he said.

“It’s one possible response to the hard Brexit scenario but I don’t think it’s a feasible plan.”

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's doing none of you lefties any credit to be pissing yourselves laughing over job losses in the UK.

Just makes you look like a total bunch of cunts.

Oh ffs, the twattery is real right enough.

No-one's laughing at job losses, the laughter is aimed squarely at the individual for saying something a year and a half ago and completely u-turning today. Do try to keep up.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Setting up the excuses should there end up being no deal. Blame the EU for no deal, just like blaming the EU because the UK parliament needed three years to make a decision, blaming the EU for all of the UK’s ills. It’s what the Tories have done for a decade and should there be no deal, they’ll blame the EU for that as well.

The highlighted statement is as you are well aware .............crap.  And blame lays directly at the feet or the remoaners, Tory, Labour and Liberal alike, politicians all who took their wages and ignored the wishes of those they were paid to serve, (voting the way they thought and not in the way the country did) why their is no long term comeback on that I don't know.......there should be.  

48 minutes ago, jaybee said:

The highlighted statement is as you are well aware .............crap.  And blame lays directly at the feet or the remoaners, Tory, Labour and Liberal alike, politicians all who took their wages and ignored the wishes of those they were paid to serve, (voting the way they thought and not in the way the country did) why their is no long term comeback on that I don't know.......there should be.  

At the same time, every option placed in front of them was pretty shite. It’s easy to whine about Remainers and blame them (or the EU) for everything, but at no point did May put an offer in front of them that was worth it’s salt.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

MPs are paid to represent their constituents, they're not simply delegates but are meant to scrutinise & challenge the executive as BJ :rolleyes: did 3 times on the WA Bill after he resigned from TMs Cabinet. 

BJs WA with NI "continuing to follow EU rules" was amongst the first the EU offered us and was rejected by TM & presumably endorsed by her then Foreign Secretary BJ :rolleyes: - in fact the WA talks went pretty much the way the EU wanted settling the "divorce bill" first and then getting the deal they originally offered while BJ played to the domestic audience.

It makes me wonder how the BJs Govt. will sway when they have to choose between the UK fishing industry and The City in the forthcoming Trade Talks - except with a cabinet containing a number of ex-bankers who will presumably be looking to jump back aboard the gravy train when they move on it doesn't really. 

4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
5 hours ago, jaybee said:

At the same time, every option placed in front of them was pretty shite. It’s easy to whine about Remainers and blame them (or the EU) for everything, but at no point did May put an offer in front of them that was worth it’s salt.

Maybe so, but I would suggest you are entirely missing the point, MP's are/were paid to carry out the 'will of the people' and as both you and I are aware; many (particularly Labour and Liberal MP's) were blocking Brexit purely in order to push for a new referendum, (in direct contradiction of what they were paid for), that is simply out of order. I am also not whining when I point out serious points of civil disobedience, from individuals whom we voted for to carry out our wishes and who by the way are considerably financially well recompensed for doing so. And oddly enough, the 'shite' policies are only considered as such (in the main) by remoaners.   I am not foisting blame on individual remoaners, but  those paid to do a job, who didn't and if you re-read my posts, none blame the EU.

This week's episode of Horrible Histories was Horrid Health - right-wing snowflakes need not watch! :bag

Stew's take on HH and Andrew Neil.

Horrible Histories? We’re living through one right now

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/09/horrible-histories-bbc-andrew-neil-brexit-stewart-lee

15 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Shame there wasn't an oven ready flood prevention deal. OhIMG_20200210_155515.jpeg

This pish for instance.

I notice, and I'm surprised with your Google skills, that you haven't mentioned the flood prevention scheme in Hebden Bridge is well on it's way to being completed.

What the feck are the authorities meant to do, build it overnight? 

It's due to be completed in the summer.

42 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Anyone noticed if the shelves at Boots pharmacy are empty, massive queues at the petrol pumps, food shortages? Can’t say I have. Early days I guess.

To be fair, Greggs were right out of French Fancies yesterday. 

I was hurting. 

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

Anyone noticed if the shelves at Boots pharmacy are empty, massive queues at the petrol pumps, food shortages? Can’t say I have. Early days I guess.

You are a year early with the gloating.

Personally, I think we'll be OK but given that the practicalities of Brexit won't start happening until the end of the transition period, it's too early for all this.

TBH, I don't really understand either the whining or the gloating. For the overwhelming majority of people, no difference in day to day life is going to happen.

Guest TPAFKATS
This pish for instance.
I notice, and I'm surprised with your Google skills, that you haven't mentioned the flood prevention scheme in Hebden Bridge is well on it's way to being completed.
What the feck are the authorities meant to do, build it overnight? 
It's due to be completed in the summer.

Turning down EU money isn't moaning about a referendum result.
How long has Hebden bridge taken? How many times has it flooded?

Guest TPAFKATS
We haven't actually "left" the EU. We are in a transition period until end of 2020. This is our negotiating time - it's why I posted the link about customs checks.

Guest TPAFKATS

TBH, I don't really understand either the whining or the gloating. For the overwhelming majority of people, no difference in day to day life is going to happen.

I'm sure the guy from Norton motorbikes was similarly confident.