So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
You and CS literally haven't stopped going on about it TBF.
Can you show an example of where I've done this?
Showing that the UK government are either incompetent or compulsive liars with regards to withdrawing from EU is not the same as going on about the EU referendum.

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The quote below shows the fantasy world that government are inhabiting at present.

Echoing Boris Johnson’s comments in a speech last week, Gove spoke of pursuing a Canada or Australian-type deal, which EU trade commissioner Phil Hogan has said was “code for no deal” as the bloc does not have a deal with Australia.

You are a year early with the gloating.
Personally, I think we'll be OK but given that the practicalities of Brexit won't start happening until the end of the transition period, it's too early for all this.
TBH, I don't really understand either the whining or the gloating. For the overwhelming majority of people, no difference in day to day life is going to happen.

I’m not gloating chap. Due to all the media hype, I’m only asking a question.
It reminded me of the “Armageddon” when Rangers ceased to exist. Look how that turned out.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You and CS literally haven't stopped going on about it TBF.

Thanks to a vote I had no say in, I’ve had to apply to stay on the island I’ve pretty much lived my whole life on, where I was educated, where I work, and where my two home-born sons are.

Damn right I go on about it, it’s a f**king joke.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm sure the guy from Norton motorbikes was similarly confident.

Is this your line of argument? That you find one example of a business going bust and somehow that invalidates the general point I am making?

Businesses go bust all the time. Some of them will wrongly blame Brexit to absolve themselves of responsibility. Other businesses will be created as new opportunities emerge.

I see absolutely nothing coming up which will change that overall picture.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Thanks to a vote I had no say in, I’ve had to apply to stay on the island I’ve pretty much lived my whole life on, where I was educated, where I work, and where my two home-born sons are.

Damn right I go on about it, it’s a f**king joke.

Yes but to what end?

I voted Remain however been happy enough to what I have seen in Europe to know this is the right decision at the right time...…….. People have to stop reacting to where Euro funds may have plugged a gap, there are going to be winners and losers....  frankly if you buy a house next to a river that floods a lot, shit happens

However in saying all this, lets see if we can get a zero unemployment by getting the low skilled jobs filled, lets see if Benefits can bbe restricted those incapable not able

Lets see if our Govt can tackle housing, the homeless , the knife crime and the NHS, we now have a £100BN railway coming up, and be interesting to see how Javid balances the books next month...……...

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I voted Remain however been happy enough to what I have seen in Europe to know this is the right decision at the right time...…….. People have to stop reacting to where Euro funds may have plugged a gap, there are going to be winners and losers....  frankly if you buy a house next to a river that floods a lot, shit happens

However in saying all this, lets see if we can get a zero unemployment by getting the low skilled jobs filled, lets see if Benefits can bbe restricted those incapable not able

Lets see if our Govt can tackle housing, the homeless , the knife crime and the NHS, we now have a £100BN railway coming up, and be interesting to see how Javid balances the books next month...……...

With the possibility of a Scotland/N.Ireland bridge costing between £15 - £20bn I think he'll need this.

Image result for boris magic money tree

Guest TPAFKATS
With the possibility of a Scotland/N.Ireland bridge costing between £15 - £20bn I think he'll need this.
4yyZf-Yul1yJUoTBt9xsVMxxdMuGFIpfGQepRs2DwWY.jpg?auto=webp%26s=899373e6249d40acce152d603a2e938454b23107&key=88d74ad2c21a6d67c02aba5ffa0c637b6aac92ef1cfafcb04130f15a16994c92
There is no bridge. He or rather his advisors conveniently release this story on the day of other bad news they don't really want discussed.

Guest TPAFKATS
I think I've had my fill of crushing negativity for the day from the forum doom merchants.
Jeez. How do some of you guys motivate yourselves to get out of bed in the morning? :blink:
You think it's doom and gloom to point out politicians are liars?
Life must be great in your world - what flavour of koolaid do you recommend?

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's amazing what different people's opinions of others on an internet forum are.

I've always thought myself lucky that I don't have such a horribly depressing life like his.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Lets see if our Govt can tackle housing, the homeless , the knife crime and the NHS, we now have a £100BN railway coming up, and be interesting to see how Javid balances the books next month..

Seeing as it’s a Tory government, you’ve answered your own question. They’d rather spend £100bn on an unnecessary railway line than help to sort out homelessness.

They don’t even need to necessarily spend much to solve homelessness - all those houses they keep asking councils to hit target numbers with - how about accommodating some of that for those desperate in need? It’s all nice and well building thousands of houses, but not many are sold off as council housing, and the term “affordable” is laughable.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I think I've had my fill of crushing negativity for the day from the forum doom merchants.

Jeez. How do some of you guys motivate yourselves to get out of bed in the morning? :blink:

When I get out of bed I sing the European national anthem, then kneel down and worship a statue of Verhofstadt. His spiritual presence motivates me for the day ahead.

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's doom and gloom to obsess over it the way you do.

And yes, it is great in my world. You'd probably find life was great in your too if you could stop grumbling about the Tories for 5 minutes.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
It's doom and gloom to obsess over it the way you do.
And yes, it is great in my world. You'd probably find life was great in your too if you could stop grumbling about the Tories for 5 minutes.
Obsessing [emoji1787]

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

voted Remain however been happy enough to what I have seen in Europe to know this is the right decision at the right time...…….. People have to stop reacting to where Euro funds may have plugged a gap, there are going to be winners and losers....  frankly if you buy a house next to a river that floods a lot, shit happens

The ONLY way the railway you speak of is coming to Scotland; is if we get the claymores out and extend our borders to the north of Manchester ......................... methinks.

Guest TPAFKATS
The ONLY way the railway you speak of is coming to Scotland; is if we get the claymores out and extend our borders to the north of Manchester ......................... methinks.
When do you reckon HS2 will make it to Manchester and Leeds [emoji1787]

Guest TPAFKATS

The latest chapter of things that really aren't surprising in the slightest, however you'll be accused of obsessing over the tories and referendum if you mention it...

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/us-is-looking-to-eu-before-post-brexit-trade-deal-talks-1-6508924?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

35 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
55 minutes ago, jaybee said:

When do you reckon HS2 will make it to Manchester and Leeds emoji1787.png

I rather think by the time it gets there I'll probably have my own harp

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Sounds like a plan. Let me know when it's happening and, if I haven't got any other plans, I may tag along.

Sounds good, so if I am rag and you are tag, who the hell is bobtail?  😎

The only thing i do agree with Farage is, that our parents ( or at least mine) joined the Common Market in the 70s, the EU has developed into a super state, it now controls and demands budgets to be in line with its own strategies , its gone and is going to far, even wanting its own army. It needs pegged back

Whilst I think its typical English Tory Arrogance to believe the UK ( England and the Rest)is better as an Independent Trading country , the EU needs changed, again Cameron's failings to deliver started all this crap.

Only 10 countries contribute to the coffers , 17 take, and that includes ROI......

Its not the answer IMHO