So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

13 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The latest chapter of things that really aren't surprising in the slightest, however you'll be accused of obsessing over the tories and referendum if you mention it...

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/us-is-looking-to-eu-before-post-brexit-trade-deal-talks-1-6508924?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

Has it ever occurred to you to actually read the articles you quote rather than just the headline? :lol:

24 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Has it ever occurred to you to actually read the articles you quote rather than just the headline? emoji38.png

Oh, do enlighten me.

Just open it and read it.

Then compare it to the headline and be honest about how much they correlate with each other.

Come on TPAK thingy, we got taught how to do basic stuff like this in English at school.

Guest TPAFKATS

Just open it and read it.
Then compare it to the headline and be honest about how much they correlate with each other.
Come on TPAK thingy, we got taught how to do basic stuff like this in English at school.

I read it before I posted it.
They correlate. Headlines are a (very) brief indication of the article - I was taught that at school [emoji6]

59 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I read it before I posted it.
They correlate. Headlines are a (very) brief indication of the article - I was taught that at school emoji6.png

Not well apparently, if you think the headline remotely represented the guts of the article.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Not well apparently, if you think the headline remotely represented the guts of the article.

Of course it remotely represents what is in the article. You can debate the level of this if you want.

Please remember though that I posted a link to the article, I didn't post the headline.

The article states amongst other things that negotiating a trade deal with USA will not be a quick process ;
It states that as EU has already started down this road it will be ahead of uk;

Both of these contradict what we have been told by UK government for almost 4 years. That's why I posted it in this thread.
Hope this helps you.

Guest TPAFKATS
Delicious..
292107035_Screenshot_2020-02-14ColinBrowningonTwitterBrilliantweekendcelebratingBrexitNotbeenonheremuchSankafewyeste....png.365d5f3e06389aea9f0d714cb4f9ea27.png&key=9c5f10049ad821312b4662be1d164cb96bfce021f2eb4342ef371f0b5e926904939568094_Screenshot_2020-02-14ColinBrowningonTwitterAbsolutelydisgustingserviceatSchipholairport55minuteswehavebeens....thumb.png.7357343910b2a7411d27dbc3c0643c65.png&key=8bca41bfdaa5aa01a353153d0a329e54b7618db191b42948b3a5c7371d77f04d
This went viral, resulting in Schipol Airport having to tweet explaining that it was due to training new staff. Seems the twat didn't even realise he wasn't in a seperate queue.

@theknickerwetter Not everyone who is crazy supports Brexit, but everyone who supports Brexit is crazy - still it's nice to see you agreeing with an MEP who advocates ending capitalism disbanding NATO and stood bail for a IRA terrorist eventually convicted and sentenced to 512  years in prison! :wacko:

Edited by Bud the Baker

@theknickerwetter  - So whaddayagot now?

• Videos 1 & 2 are just another coupla far right politicians with their own agendas.
  • Video 3 -  Economics is not a "hard" science but the vast majority of experts & reports predict the cost to the UK being more than the £15Bn p.a. your man says it'll cost the EU despite the UK only comprising 16% of the EUs GDP - I'm sure the analogy has been made on here before but when a car crashes into a lorry the car comes off worse, with the UK being the car.
  • Video 4 - Did anyone say the EU was perfect?

The WA was on EU terms (and a sell-out of the Union), the Trade Deal will be on EU terms too, and to give one example that I've used before when push comes to shove this govt. will  prioritize the City over the Fishing Industry! It's all been pretty much a done deal since BJ shafted the DUP but I know shite when I smell it! 💩

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
[mention=5648]theknickerwetter[/mention]  - So whaddayagot now?
  • Videos 1 & 2 are just another coupla far right politicians with their own agendas.
  • Video 3 -  Economics is not a "hard" science but the vast majority of experts & reports predict the cost to the UK being more than the £15Bn p.a. your man says it'll cost the EU despite the UK only comprising 16% of the EUs GDP - I'm sure the analogy has been made on here before but when a car crashes into a lorry the car comes off worse, with the UK being the car.
The WA was on EU terms (and a sell-out of the Union), the Trade Deal will be on EU terms too, and to give one example that I've used before when push comes to shove this govt. will  prioritize the City over the Fishing Industry! It's all been pretty much a done deal since BJ shafted the DUP but I know shite when I smell it! [emoji90]
An awfy lot of brexiteers are clearly still obsessed with EU despite having a party for leaving on 31st January.

28 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
[mention=5648]theknickerwetter[/mention]  - So whaddayagot now?
The WA was on EU terms (and a sell-out of the Union), the Trade Deal will be on EU terms too, and to give one example that I've used before when push comes to shove this govt. will  prioritize the City over the Fishing Industry! It's all been pretty much a done deal since BJ shafted the DUP but I know shite when I smell it! emoji90.png

An awfy lot of brexiteers are clearly still obsessed with EU despite having a party for leaving on 31st January.

It's almost as if deep down they know they got it wrong! :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
It's almost as if deep down they know they got it wrong! :rolleyes:
Nothing much has changed. Most will still believe they've taken back control etc until things get much worse. Even if that does happen, for many it won't matter.

• 4 weeks later...

What absolute bollocks. If anything Sturgeon has been leading the way in protecting Scots from the virus. Working WITH the UK Government while, when the need was felt,  implementing measures ahead of the rest of the  UK. The Westminster Government have been bloody minded by NOT working with the EU to obtain vital medical supplies and ventilators because, in their words, we are no longer part of the EU. Absolutely shocking behaviour.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

What absolute bollocks. If anything Sturgeon has been leading the way in protecting Scots from the virus. Working WITH the UK Government while, when the need was felt,  implementing measures ahead of the rest of the  UK. The Westminster Government have been bloody minded by NOT working with the EU to obtain vital medical supplies and ventilators because, in their words, we are no longer part of the EU. Absolutely shocking behaviour.

Agree 100%.  More right wing nonsense and sad political point scoring.