So Farewell Then The European Union

shull

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sad and uneducated response. 

But... Yes. Just arrived in Edinburgh for the Hibs v St Mirren Game. 

Quite amusing coming from the forum fool. :lol:

58 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You seem convinced that this was democratic. It was in the barest definition of the word.

Can't you see the flaw in this pish above? :1eye

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Quite amusing coming from the forum fool. :lol:

Can't you see the flaw in this pish above? :1eye

Yes.. Your own lack of wit or logic. 

You clearly can't think. 

Oaky is a sequential thinker. 

Ergo.. You will think Oaky is smart. 

He is.. In his own way. You are not. 

Edited by St.Ricky

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Knew I was wasting my time, you're a buffoon.

Oh by the way, are you sure your at the game?

You don't seem to know, or be seen by anybody, couldnae be making it up again, you know how you love a good barefaced fib? :byebye

Once again you defy logic. 

Easter Road is dry, overcast with little wind. Ideal for both watching and playing. The Saint's Drum and choral section has arrived and are now in full voice. 

Don't drop the remote. 

7 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m specifically on about the people in those videos, I’m not generalising Leave voters as a whole.

In regards to the people in the videos, I’m not retracting that statement either. You could spend all week with them asking them to give one valid reason for leaving, and those guys wouldn’t have been able to give you a decent, factual reason for it.

Why should they be obliged to give you any reasons?

On 1/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

The EU will be saying the same to Farage, the most useless MEP the world has ever seen.

Not a great fan of the man BUT he did what it said on the tin, came in spent a load of his own dosh and more importantly time, not to become a politician but with two aims...... One to drive the UK out of Europe.......success, and two; to piss off akll those arseholes in Brussels and BOY did he do that too.

He is actually a damn good speaker; makes his points and moves on and to be honest I would rather listen to him than the imbecile Corbyn.

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

How's everyone doing today?
Have we all taken back control?
How's that infrastructure coming along?
What laws have we managed to change now that there no interference from EU?
Where are those seemless trade deals?

You really need to move and get a life.

Brexit is done. Stop whining about it.

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While having a party seems a tad over the top, yes, it was a democratic vote and that's that.

All the attempts to blow smoke over the result is just sore losers or ignoramuses, or both. 

You seem convinced that this was democratic. It was in the barest definition of the word. The basis on which the "information" was given to the voters was highly flawed. 

Sorry Ricky please don't become a re moaner, Leave one in a democratic vote, GOSH you don't mean Politicians lie, tch heaven forbid what next you'll be telling me Santa isn't reall? 

56 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry Ricky please don't become a re moaner, Leave one in a democratic vote, GOSH you don't mean Politicians lie, tch heaven forbid what next you'll be telling me Santa isn't reall? 

Jaybee. I accept it but it was dreadfully flawed. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Why should they be obliged to give you any reasons?

It would be nice to hear a decent, sensible reason for their decision. The comments they make were not only factually incorrect, but perfect examples of when someone doesn’t have a clue what they actually voted for. It’s up there with the pensioners in Spain voting to stop immigration without realising it works both ways.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Not a great fan of the man BUT he did what it said on the tin, came in spent a load of his own dosh and more importantly time, not to become a politician but with two aims...... One to drive the UK out of Europe.......success, and two; to piss off akll those arseholes in Brussels and BOY did he do that too.

He is actually a damn good speaker; makes his points and moves on and to be honest I would rather listen to him than the imbecile Corbyn.

I generally never make much effort to listen to Farage. The few times I have, it’s comparable to a goose screaming at it’s own arse.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Jaybee. I accept it but it was dreadfully flawed. 

Yes......much like life in general 😎

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It would be nice to hear a decent, sensible reason for their decision. The comments they make were not only factually incorrect, but perfect examples of when someone doesn’t have a clue what they actually voted for. It’s up there with the pensioners in Spain voting to stop immigration without realising it works both ways.

I generally never make much effort to listen to Farage. The few times I have, it’s comparable to a goose screaming at it’s own arse.

The problem is that you will only accept answers that you personally deem reasonable so they can't win. They owe you nothing. It's also interesting to hear your record of wanting the poor to be helped but it seems you are only interested when they share your voting habits. TPAKthingy and salmonbuddie are the same. It comes across as arrogant and patronising. And that's coming from me FFS.

BTW, you are wrong to simply dismiss people like Farage and refuse to listen to rhem. He is far more intelligent than you give him credit for and is a great public speaker.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The problem is that you will only accept answers that you personally deem reasonable so they can't win. They owe you nothing. It's also interesting to hear your record of wanting the poor to be helped but it seems you are only interested when they share your voting habits. TPAKthingy and salmonbuddie are the same. It comes across as arrogant and patronising. And that's coming from me FFS.

BTW, you are wrong to simply dismiss people like Farage and refuse to listen to rhem. He is far more intelligent than you give him credit for and is a great public speaker.

He is an orator and he is not by any means stupid. He expresses a point of view and that view resonates with a number of people. He does influence people and events but ultimately appears to have been manipulated by people who are perhaps cleverer than he is. I don't share many/any of his views but I defend his tl right to express them and of others to put these under close scrutiny. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If they gave a valid and good reason, I would accept that even if I disagreed with it. For instance, if an Indy supporter said they wanted independence because they hate the English, I would not only disagree with that, but would be severely embarrassed by it too. Those in the videos spouted gibberish about “infrastructure”, “freedom” and “independence” without explaining what they actually meant. “Infrastructure” guy even tails off and admits he doesn’t know much about what he’s on about here. Any self-respecting leave voter would be embarrassed by this sort of nonsense, in the same way a self-respecting Indy supporter would be by a nationalist muttering “independence” and not being sure why they actually wanted it.

Farage is a big reason xenophobia and racism has increased massively. Just look at his despicable billboard or whatever it was which showed a queue of darker coloured people and cited something like “breaking point”. His “representation” as an MEP was non-existent unless it involved slagging everyone else off. It’s thanks to his endless lies and deceit that we’ve crashed out of the EU, and the likes of myself, my mother and all the other EU citizens are now second class citizens, having to apply to this settled status nonsense just to keep our rights on an island some of us have spent most of our lives on.

The worst thing though is his endless, continuous campaign to tell us we are better off outside the EU, while sorting out German passports for his kids so they continue to enjoy the benefits an EU passport gives you. If you feel Leave was the correct option then that’s fine, but stand by your sword, don’t f**k around claiming one thing while guaranteeing the best from the very thing you speak against. He’s far from the only one of the major players in the leave campaign to do this - I canny remember the name but there was the one who bought his whole family Maltese passports at a cost of 650K (IIRC), while Mogg moved some of his investments to Dublin. All of these top level fannies are selling you one thing while covering their own dirty backsides, fine well knowing the majority of the public can’t go for the same cover.

Guest TPAFKATS

Almost 4 years to prepare a soundbite for the TV cameras and this is the best they could do [emoji23]

Guest TPAFKATS
Arrogant and patronising you say?

Guest TPAFKATS
If they gave a valid and good reason, I would accept that even if I disagreed with it. For instance, if an Indy supporter said they wanted independence because they hate the English, I would not only disagree with that, but would be severely embarrassed by it too. Those in the videos spouted gibberish about “infrastructure”, “freedom” and “independence” without explaining what they actually meant. “Infrastructure” guy even tails off and admits he doesn’t know much about what he’s on about here. Any self-respecting leave voter would be embarrassed by this sort of nonsense, in the same way a self-respecting Indy supporter would be by a nationalist muttering “independence” and not being sure why they actually wanted it.
Farage is a big reason xenophobia and racism has increased massively. Just look at his despicable billboard or whatever it was which showed a queue of darker coloured people and cited something like “breaking point”. His “representation” as an MEP was non-existent unless it involved slagging everyone else off. It’s thanks to his endless lies and deceit that we’ve crashed out of the EU, and the likes of myself, my mother and all the other EU citizens are now second class citizens, having to apply to this settled status nonsense just to keep our rights on an island some of us have spent most of our lives on.
The worst thing though is his endless, continuous campaign to tell us we are better off outside the EU, while sorting out German passports for his kids so they continue to enjoy the benefits an EU passport gives you. If you feel Leave was the correct option then that’s fine, but stand by your sword, don’t f**k around claiming one thing while guaranteeing the best from the very thing you speak against. He’s far from the only one of the major players in the leave campaign to do this - I canny remember the name but there was the one who bought his whole family Maltese passports at a cost of 650K (IIRC), while Mogg moved some of his investments to Dublin. All of these top level fannies are selling you one thing while covering their own dirty backsides, fine well knowing the majority of the public can’t go for the same cover.
Brexit has happened just in time for the new EU laws on declaring where the millionaires hide their money from tax.
The plebs are now no longer required.