Glenn Middleton

On 1/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, WeeBud said:

It won't be like you to be wrong but, yet again, I think you will be!!                               We'll see...…...

I did say looks like - I did not say he definitely would - Huge difference.

Even when players signing look like a sure thing, some are not completed - Remember Turnbull (Well to Tic) at the start of the season . . . 

THE FACT that he is injured means it would make no sense - his injury is worse than first expected anyway . . .

I rest my case - but will await further pokes from FELLOW FANS . . .    CHEERS GUYS   :cheers

On 1/15/2020 at 3:03 PM, pod said:
      • Have you been to specsavers.Image result for big spectical pictures

Edited by Sweeper07

JG confirms no interest in Middleton from us this transfer window.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/goodwin-confirms-st-mirren-arent-interested-in-middleton/

Paisley won’t be a place where Middleton ply’s his trade in the second half of this season. Goodwin has said that whilst there was summer interest from the Buddies, there isn’t any in this window.

Confirming the news prior to St Mirren’s Scottish Cup clash with Broxburn Athletic, Goodwin said: “I don’t know where the story comes from. We did make an enquiry for Glenn in the summer but unfortunately, he chose to go to Hibs and that was that.

“We have moved on since then. He’s a terrific player. a really good talent who has great attributes. I’m sure there will be a number of clubs willing to take him.

“Unfortunately we’re not in a position to do anything this window. I’m covered in that area now which is the reason for that.

“We are talking to one or two others at the moment, hoping to get them over the line. I don’t want it dragging on until the window closes.

“We are not desperate to get anybody else in but the one or two we are speaking to are very good and would make us better in the second half of the season.

Edited by FTOF

17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I did say looks like - I did not say he definitely would - Huge difference.

Even when players signing look like a sure thing, some are not completed - Remember Turnbull (Well to Tic) at the start of the season . . . 

THE FACT that he is injured means it would make no sense - his injury is worse than first expected anyway . . .

I rest my case - but will await further pokes from FELLOW FANS . . .    CHEERS GUYS   :cheers

We weren't even in discussions for him although previously had been in the summer, it had nothing to do with his recent injury…….just you keep on pretending you're ITK 😂

Edited by WeeBud

4 hours ago, WeeBud said:

We weren't even in discussions for him although previously had been in the summer, it had nothing to do with his recent injury…….just you keep on pretending you're ITK 😂

Yeah and you know that because JG said it - OH WAIT, He also said he would be adding 1 or 2 in January and he has added 3 already and is talking to 1 or 2 more . . .

Shame on you for being so gullible . . . and so determined to have a poke at a fellow fan for no good reason . . . :moony2

mm and what is happening with the Djork ?> 

56 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah and you know that because JG said it - OH WAIT, He also said he would be adding 1 or 2 in January and he has added 3 already and is talking to 1 or 2 more . . .

Shame on you for being so gullible . . . and so determined to have a poke at a fellow fan for no good reason . . . :moony2

So, you are saying our manager is lying in the interview?

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

If I was gullible I would believe your tripe!!

All I know about Djorkaeff is that he’s a decent lad, he’s tried hard but whether he’s here or not it doesn’t effect our budget one way or another.....over to you

22 hours ago, aldo_j said:

So, you are saying our manager is lying in the interview?

JG has clearly "played down" a number of things previously - you can call it that if you like - I gave an example - He said he would hope to bring in 1 or 2 in the January window and we have 3 already and are possibly not finished.... so was he telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

There was no advantage to the player or to our club to say that we were in for him but it fell through due to an injury... so JG played it down and that means if we go for someone else e.g. they won't feel like they were 2nd choice - that is not bad management...

Do you think JG always fully tells the truth?   :magic

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

JG has clearly "played down" a number of things previously - you can call it that if you like - I gave an example - He said he would hope to bring in 1 or 2 in the January window and we have 3 already and are possibly not finished.... so was he telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

There was no advantage to the player or to our club to say that we were in for him but it fell through due to an injury... so JG played it down and that means if we go for someone else e.g. they won't feel like they were 2nd choice - that is not bad management...

I think in an interview where he clearly states we were interested in the summer, but not now then, well, aye. I will take him at face value.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Please stop embarrassing yourself by pretending to be ITK

Everyone on the forum is cringing for you

You do not have any inside knowledge and you know nothing at all about football

You are the forum laughing stock

😂

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

What JG tell a lie - how dare you . . . dog with a bone . . . get a grip of reality . . .  :bounce2

The irony.

I’m directly quoting the manager from a press conference where he clearly stated we were not interested in Middleton during this window. Summer? Aye. Winter? Naw.

You are saying that’s not the case. So you are calling our manager a liar.