National Pothole Day

shull

Some good news. 

Major crater on Paisley Road West, Cardonald getting fixed tomorrow and Friday. 

Thanks to a couple of local SNP councillors for hurrying up the repair. 

Still many more potholes in the Area needing attention. 

Another announcement.

Took hundreds of complaints and around 40 punctures to tyres and damage to many suspensions to get the Council to attend to this disgrace.

Image may contain: possible text that says 'POTHOLE UPDATE URGENT REPAIRS OF 8000 SQUARE METERS OF BROCKBURN ROAD WILL BEGIN ON MONDAY 20TH JANUARY.'

Councillor David McDonaldLike Page

5 hrs · 

There has rightly been a lot of concern over the condition of Brockburn Road in recent weeks and I have been working behind the scenes to find a long term solution.

I've made finding this solution my top priority in recent weeks and I’m grateful to all of the constituents who have been in touch with me to raise their concerns. This is a busy local road serves many communities across Pollok and links into the motorway network.

Following discussions today with the roads department I can confirm that a programme of substantial road repairs will begin on Monday 20th January compromising comprise approximately 4000 square meters of road resurfacing in both the northbound and southbound carriageways.

It will take around two weeks to do the 8000sqm of work and this will require the road to be closed for a period of time and local diversions put in place.

I’ve shared the frustration of residents over the last few weeks about the poor condition of this road but I’ve always been confident in the Departments ability to overcome the challenges brought about by bad weather and the volume of traffic using this road.

This new investment from the Council in Brockburn Road is just part of a record level of investment being made in our community by the City Government.

Thank you to all the residents and community groups for their patience while this plan was developed.

• 3 weeks later...

The Council's certainly know how to waste money..

The Roads in Glasgow are in a horrific state and I could tell them for free regarding repairs to potholes  that are indeed shoddy  and hopeless..

In Southwest Glasgow, there is no need to report individual potholes, as nearly every road in the Area is affected  by craters.

I done a hire from Cardonald to Cathcart on Sunday and not once did I look in my rear view mirror as my full concentration was watching for and avoiding potholes ahead of me.

• 1 year later...