Heading Ban

pod

You always take things to the extreme to TRY to prove a point.
As do many "medical experts" when trying to justify their salary.
Repeatedly punching them, dear oh dear. [emoji38]
I'd be interested how much damage is done and what percentage of people are damaged, actual proof, not guessing.
How many time would someone have to head the ball?
What speed would the ball have to be travelling to be seen as damaging? 
You prefer a cotton wool world with fluffy white clouds. 
There IS a condition called Dementia Pugilistica!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
You always take things to the extreme to TRY to prove a point.
As do many "medical experts" when trying to justify their salary.
Repeatedly punching them, dear oh dear. emoji38.png
I'd be interested how much damage is done and what percentage of people are damaged, actual proof, not guessing.
What speed would the ball have to be travelling to be seen as damaging? 
You prefer a cotton wool world with fluffy white clouds. 

There IS a condition called Dementia Pugilistica!

That's nice. :huh:

10 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

It's not just the speed, you need to factor in the area of impact and direction of travel of the ball to gauge the potential damage. FFS I sound like oaky emoji24.png

I blame all those pucks I headed. emoji856.png

Oh, I'm well aware there are many factors rather than just this blind statement "heading a ball is bad".

How many headers does the average player make per game? 

I bet the majority NEVER head a ball in most games.

As for you, you're pucked in many ways. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Like I said, I prefer to listen to medical experts than online spangles.

You'll be saying that full contact boxing among kids is OK next.

The end game to all of this is they will introduce women into the mens game.

Over recent years theyve stopped any hard tackling, brought in VAR and now no heading for kids which will then be introduced across all ages all of which helps to cancel out the importance of mens physical strength.

We had the full on coverage of he womans world cup in the summer, talk of shelly Kerr managing in the mens game and for the first time this year women participating in soccer aid alongside the men. I'm telling you it's coming!

And the wider purpose of it all is to create a genderless society which they push in the media and in entertainment all the time.

Edited by Big Yards

Over recent years theyve stopped any hard tackling, brought in VAR and now no heading for kids which will then be introduced across all ages all of which helps to cancel out the importance of mens physical strength.
We had the full on coverage of he womans world cup in the summer, talk of shelly Kerr managing in the mens game and for the first time this year women participating in soccer aid alongside the men. I'm telling you it's coming!
And the wider purpose of it all is to create a genderless society which they push in the media all the time.
That took balls to say!
[emoji12]

18 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

And the wider purpose of it all is to create a genderless society which they push in the media and in entertainment all the time.

I can't better BEK's response but as McInroe might have said: "You cannot be serious," 

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

They may as well ban corner kicks as well. No point in having them if no one's allowed to head the ball. 

Seems bizarre to me that rugby union players should be allowed to continue tackling opponents since colliding head-first into another burly human being has got to be more damaging than heading an air-filled bag of leather.

Ach f*ck it, let's just ban everything.

There is a reason why aggressive hard men like yersel are known as a

"heid the baw"

Head that ball Wilbur, head that ball indeed

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, I'm well aware there are many factors rather than just this blind statement "heading a ball is bad".

How many headers does the average player make per game? 

I bet the majority NEVER head a ball in most games.

As for you, you're pucked in many ways. :wink:

I think that's probably right other than central defenders and strikers  But the issue is in training where heading routines can mean every player heads the ball and many more times than in a game at the end of the week

9 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

The issue is women wouldn't be able to compete with men for headers so it's going to be scrapped in order to usher women into the mens game in time.

Highly unlikely as women, despite Oaky suggesting the opposite some time ago, would not be able to compete with men on a physical level, even if you removed heading.

Then again, if you removed all possible contact, no tackling and only fat men on the park then women could possibly compete, although they'd still lose. 

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Highly unlikely as women, despite Oaky suggesting the opposite some time ago, would not be able to compete with men on a physical level, even if you removed heading.

Then again, if you removed all possible contact, no tackling and only fat men on the park then women could possibly compete, although they'd still lose. 

You mean that an average sized woman couldn't take on a wee skelf like yourself? 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's what is going to happen, the removal of anything physical in the game. The game has already been reduced to hardly being able to tackle. VAR watching you're every move now as well. Now no heading. It's all to allow women to come into the mens game. We've got lines women already, talk of women managers in the SPFL etc

It's going to happen, there will be at least 1 women playing in the mens game within the next 10 years.

12 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

That's what is going to happen, the removal of anything physical in the game. The game has already been reduced to hardly being able to tackle. VAR watching you're every move now as well. Now no heading. It's all to allow women to come into the mens game. We've got lines women already, talk of women managers in the SPFL etc

It's going to happen, there will be at least 1 women playing in the mens game within the next 10 years.

Nonsense. 

How are your drama queen classes coming along? :lol:

I'm not entirely sure how a ban on heading conflated into a discussion on men v women games but it has. 

What about the Wee Men of this world. Couldn't they compete in the woman's game. I see F Man as a wee, tigerish, Abercrombie like midfielder. He might do ok. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not entirely sure how a ban on heading conflated into a discussion on men v women games but it has. 

What about the Wee Men of this world. Couldn't they compete in the woman's game. I see F Man as a wee, tigerish, Abercrombie like midfielder. He might do ok. 

Because the ban is just one more step towards the plan to introduce women into the mens game 

6 hours ago, Danny said:

I think that's probably right other than central defenders and strikers  But the issue is in training where heading routines can mean every player heads the ball and many more times than in a game at the end of the week

There is also the fact that head to head contact is more damaging than heading the ball!