Saint Mirren v Motherwell Cup

St.Ricky

11 minutes ago, insaintee said:

A hire 

Taxi for Schull

Just a reminder that Rangers are at home on Wednesday so the M8 westbound will be busier than usual if you are travelling from the east to attend our game. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Really looking forward to this one. I know fellow Buddies who reckon we should concentrate on staying up, but this is a fixture we can realistically win and given the right draw we could easily progress to the semi-finals. If the arsecheeks draw one another, who knows? I know there are a lot of ifs and buts, but I love the escape from the league woes that the cup gives us.

13 hours ago, W6er said:

Really looking forward to this one. I know fellow Buddies who reckon we should concentrate on staying up, but this is a fixture we can realistically win and given the right draw we could easily progress to the semi-finals. If the arsecheeks draw one another, who knows? I know there are a lot of ifs and buts, but I love the escape from the league woes that the cup gives us.

Adding to what you have posted elsewhere. So far 4,300 tickets sold including Motherwell's 1,600. Our normal range of home fans attending is around 4,000 to 4,400, I believe, so we look to be heading for a crowd of over 5,000 and maybe up to 6,000. COYS

Motherwell haven't had the best of form over the last two or three games, so who knows.. We might do it. Around 4.300 BUddie's at the Hamilton game. The same or more and we will have over 6000 in the stadium. Bring it on. COYS 

PS. A decent referee please. 

Some of the Motherwell fans aren't very optimistic about their team's chances, following their loss away to Livingston and thrashing at the hands of Sellic:

https://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/16098-scottish-cup-2019-2020/page/12/#comments

I was super excited about this now I’ve just got the fear. Gave tonight a miss, didn’t even follow on  phone. But Sat v Livi is hard to shake just how bad we really were I’m talking Malpas stuff so bad 

I expect us to lose on Saturday.. Feel as if we're in a rut and can't see where our next win is coming from...

Ach, I can't wait for this.

4 hours ago, W6er said:

Some of the Motherwell fans aren't very optimistic about their team's chances, following their loss away to Livingston and thrashing at the hands of Sellic:

https://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/16098-scottish-cup-2019-2020/page/12/#comments

Bring it on. COYS

11 hours ago, W6er said:

I know  you're new, but comments above are quite positive compared to some of knicker wetters on here 

Motherwell will be hurting after their home defeat by Celtic. They are bringing a big bunch of fans. One thing for sure is that this looks like being another tasty and physical encounter with some football in there. In other words, a Scottish Cup Tie. Looking forward to it. Sure to be full of talking points. 

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, we get that for the majority of games up here, only consider abandoning the game if the goal kick comes back to the goalie..................happened a few times right enough. :lol:

Aye, happened in Arbroath last year. 45 mph is enough to bring down branches, so I think it might be enough to stop the game.