Saint Mirren v Motherwell Cup

St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If bits start coming off buildings, public transport and the game will likely get pulled.

That's why I mentioned health and safety LPM. Correct. Hope not. 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2020/amber-warning-issued-for-storm-ciara

Edited by St.Ricky

Add to that the Polis will be otherwise engaged chasing trampolines doon the M8 and responding to Campervan drivers one question when restrictions are imposed at the Erskine bridge with "of course it's a feckin high sided vehicle"

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Reading Ryan Flynn has a cruciate injury - is that us down to 4 fit defenders?

It’s absolutely shocking that we let McGinn and Wank Broadfoot go with no real replacements signed. Ok Lee Hodgson but if any of the back 4 get injured were really toiling. Foley at centre half is all well and good but he’s got to be in midfield. Macgennis our Flynn out with McKenzie never fit and McAllister also struggling it doesn’t look good. Yes we have loads of strikers but not much cover elsewhere 

Tuesday night all day Wednesday I was looking forward to the Hamilton game. But 20mins into to game my desire to be there soon evaporated. Now we play Motherwell and I have no desire to go. Now Flynn is injured it shows how poor the clubs decision to let McGinn go to Hibs has been Poor from whoever's made the decision. Cause Hodson is no where near as good as Paul McGinn. Now Hibs have a right back. Kilmarnock have another CB and in both positions were struggling. We have two 21 year CBs and one who's never fit.

Also we now have 2 full back who are vertically challenged let's say. So you dont need to be Grade A coach to know what's coming in the next few matches. Must be the only club in the transfer window that came out worse. The 2 young CBs are decent players. Now the only real back up CB is GMAC and hes never fit. Dont know if its GS or Gus or Goody who made these decision for the club. But it has really been very poor. Not happy. Goody said he want at least two players for every position. That went well eh. NOT.

34 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Tuesday night all day Wednesday I was looking forward to the Hamilton game. But 20mins into to game my desire to be there soon evaporated. Now we play Motherwell and I have no desire to go. Now Flynn is injured it shows how poor the clubs decision to let McGinn go to Hibs has been Poor from whoever's made the decision. Cause Hodson is no where near as good as Paul McGinn. Now Hibs have a right back. Kilmarnock have another CB and in both positions were struggling. We have two 21 year CBs and one who's never fit.

Also we now have 2 full back who are vertically challenged let's say. So you dont need to be Grade A coach to know what's coming in the next few matches. Must be the only club in the transfer window that came out worse. The 2 young CBs are decent players. Now the only real back up CB is GMAC and hes never fit. Dont know if its GS or Gus or Goody who made these decision for the club. But it has really been very poor. Not happy. Goody said he want at least two players for every position. That went well eh. NOT.

Leave it to the manager Pep

Yes its beyond a joke how threadbare we are at the back. Cant even field a recognised back 4 vs Killie. Would imagine Famewo to LB and Foley to CB. Big Mack is done and doesn't seem any youngsters ready for the breakthrough, in fact the only one with any full back minutes is away to Barnsley. What a state to be in.

We absolutely need to find a versatile full back and a centre back who are clubless. Not a task I envy at this point of the season. Failure to do this, and 1 further injury then we truly are in bother at the back unless any of the 5 strikers that dont start fancy a change of career.......

55 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It’s absolutely shocking that we let McGinn and Wank Wank Broadfoot go with no real replacements signed. Ok Lee Hodgson but if any of the back 4 get injured were really toiling. Foley at centre half is all well and good but he’s got to be in midfield. Macgennis our Flynn out with McKenzie never fit and McAllister also struggling it doesn’t look good. Yes we have loads of strikers but not much cover elsewhere 

Yip it does seem that we had our plans and lost sight of the plans of other teams on our players . . .

Nevertheless, so long as we don't set up like we did the other night, a good cup tie takes us away from the pressures of the League.

Maybe our tactics will be to out score the opposition - winning 9 v 6 or the like?

We cannot afford passengers full stop. Andreu for me is one most of the time.. So it will be interesting to see who plays in midfield and up front. The defence picks itself (4 fit defenders... Hope Jukubiak starts . . .

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip it does seem that we had our plans and lost sight of the plans of other teams on our players . . .

Nevertheless, so long as we don't set up like we did the other night, a good cup tie takes us away from the pressures of the League.

Maybe our tactics will be to out score the opposition - winning 9 v 6 or the like?

We cannot afford passengers full stop. Andreu for me is one most of the time.. So it will be interesting to see who plays in midfield and up front. The defence picks itself (4 fit defenders... Hope Jukubiak starts . . .

Will miss Flynn. That's for sure but still looking forward to it. As mentioned elsewhere, Well have signed Tony Watt. Got to agree that losing McGinn and Wank Broadfoot near the end of the window was not good! 

This is very likely our 2nd last but possibly last Saturday 3pm home game of the season.

We have 3 pre split home games which are Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

We have 2 post split home games which if 1 takes place in the last 2 fixtures they are scheduled for Wednesday night and Saturday 12.30 plus the fact we are 99% looking like we will be in a 3 way battle to avoid relegation at least one our post split fixtures will be moved for TV coverage.

54 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This is very likely our 2nd last but possibly last Saturday 3pm home game of the season.

We have 3 pre split home games which are Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

We have 2 post split home games which if 1 takes place in the last 2 fixtures they are scheduled for Wednesday night and Saturday 12.30 plus the fact we are 99% looking like we will be in a 3 way battle to avoid relegation at least one our post split fixtures will be moved for TV coverage.

Who are the 3 teams in this 3 way battle to avoid the drop ? 

36 minutes ago, W6er said:

Can this be called off based solely on weather forecasts? 

Can anybody remember attending a game this century where there have been very strong winds?

The current forecast suggests that the full force of the storm will arrive on Sunday, rather than Saturday. I can't recall being involved in a postponement or abandonment for high winds.. Rain, Frost yes. 

52 minutes ago, W6er said:

Can this be called off based solely on weather forecasts? 

Can anybody remember attending a game this century where there have been very strong winds?

FFS, are you a relation of Michael Fish? 

Have you a bet on the game being called off?

It WON'T be called off............................jeezo. 

Obika's biggest fan calling someone stupid oh dear.

OK then I will give you a history lesson this time last year I made a post on here like the one previous where people like you called me stupid because I stated Hamilton were safe from 12th place as they just defeated Hearts to go 6 & 7 points above St Mirren and Dundee and with Hamiltons 7 wins to the bottom 2's 4 win each I predicted it was impossible for both teams to win enough matches to overtake Hamilton who imo could only finish 11th at worst that came true.

This season Ross County are in that exact same position they have a big lead over the bottom 2 and 3 points more than us.

With the bottom 3 all struggling for victories Ross County are safe from the bottom 2 as St Mirren and Hamilton are both incapable of winning enough matches to overtake them especially us seeing as 8 away games out of 13 means we realty have only 5 home games to pick up victories.

Hearts should be able to go on one of these good runs but one good performance followed by 2 crap ones would suggest they will stay where they are for a while yet.

You are the one that came out with the stupid statement. You do realise it's early February don't you, oh never mind.

11 hours ago, Yflab said:

I f**king hate Joe Wark, Gregor Stevens, Willie Pettigrew and Vic Davidson. Is it wrong to hold a grudge after all these years?

Let’s get intae them!

Peter Miller and Stuart McLaren were the main hatchet men cnuts that day

I think Ian Foote was the complicit and cnut referee.

1 minute ago, shull said:

Peter Miller and Stuart McLaren were the main hatchet men cnuts that day

I think Ian Foote was the complicit and cnut referee.

They were known as a tough team at that time. They are no pussycats now either. 3rd in the league isn't bad going! They can play a bit. COYS 

17 hours ago, norrie82 said:

It’s absolutely shocking that we let McGinn and Wank Wank Broadfoot go with no real replacements signed. Ok Lee Hodgson but if any of the back 4 get injured were really toiling. Foley at centre half is all well and good but he’s got to be in midfield. Macgennis our Flynn out with McKenzie never fit and McAllister also struggling it doesn’t look good. Yes we have loads of strikers but not much cover elsewhere 

Hodson for McGinn (who would have been gone for free anyway come summer) was not a bad move by any means.

Regarding Wank Broadfoot, the moment he suddenly decided he didn’t want to be here, there was no point hanging onto him. It certainly shafted us with so little time remaining in the transfer window, but holding him here against his will would be no guarantee we’d get anywhere near the best out of him anymore. Jim was pushed right into a corner with that one.

Could somebody check the stadium is still in one piece?

There seems to be a panic it'll get blown away or someones getting mixed up with the dome. :lol:

Anyhow, this is the worst draw we could have had outside the OF.

The bonus is IF we win what a boost it would be. 

Give us the first goal and get the "anxious" support onto top form.