Saint Mirren v Motherwell Cup

St.Ricky

Well, prior to the Hamilton game, I looked at the squad & thought finally a convincing win.

Then I seen the illogical first eleven ( still can’t quite believe that starting eleven )

Anyway, surely he won’t make the same mistake twice in a week ?

St Mirren 2-2 Motherwell

And no damage to the stadium [emoji4]

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Could somebody check the stadium is still in one piece?

There seems to be a panic it'll get blown away or someones getting mixed up with the dome. :lol:

Anyhow, this is the worst draw we could have had outside the OF.

The bonus is IF we win what a boost it would be. 

Give us the first goal and get the "anxious" support onto top form. 

Stadium has gone after a heavy breeze. 

Dome still there though. 

So if we go another 2 points ahead of Hearts we are safe from automatically being relegated by your reckoning ?

Obika's biggest fan calling someone stupid oh dear.

OK then I will give you a history lesson this time last year I made a post on here like the one previous where people like you called me stupid because I stated Hamilton were safe from 12th place as they just defeated Hearts to go 6 & 7 points above St Mirren and Dundee and with Hamiltons 7 wins to the bottom 2's 4 win each I predicted it was impossible for both teams to win enough matches to overtake Hamilton who imo could only finish 11th at worst that came true.

This season Ross County are in that exact same position they have a big lead over the bottom 2 and 3 points more than us.

With the bottom 3 all struggling for victories Ross County are safe from the bottom 2 as St Mirren and Hamilton are both incapable of winning enough matches to overtake them especially us seeing as 8 away games out of 13 means we realty have only 5 home games to pick up victories.

Hearts should be able to go on one of these good runs but one good performance followed by 2 crap ones would suggest they will stay where they are for a while yet.

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So if we go another 2 points ahead of Hearts we are safe from automatically being relegated by your reckoning ?

Not as easy as last season as Dundee were gone so that took care of 12th.

This season's much tighter and Hearts, IMO, despite being bottom are more than capable of upsetting things and getting out of the bottom 2 places.

Even I wouldn't like to say who will be the bottom two but we are in that debate. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This season's much tighter and Hearts, IMO, despite being bottom are more than capable of upsetting things and getting out of the bottom 2 places.

Even I wouldn't like to say who will be the bottom two but we are in that debate. 

Also worth mentioning Hearts have Liam Boyce - fantastic signing and exactly the sort needed to drag them off the bottom. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Ice-tears has a tiny cock! 

Not your best line ever munoz. 

I see there has been a flurry of posts by the TV fans. Nice to see people getting excited about a cup game. 

Very unsure how this might go. My heart says Saints but our lack of scoring power says Well. Maybe a 1-1 draw and a replay a week on Tuesday.  Crowd. 1600 Motherwell Fans plus 4,400 Saints Fans, 6,000

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not your best line ever munoz. 

I see there has been a flurry of posts by the TV fans. Nice to see people getting excited about a cup game. 

Very unsure how this might go. My heart says Saints but our lack of scoring power says Well. Maybe a 1-1 draw and a replay a week on Tuesday.  Crowd. 1600 Motherwell Fans plus 4,400 Saints Fans, 6,000

Shut up. 

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Also worth mentioning Hearts have Liam Boyce - fantastic signing and exactly the sort needed to drag them off the bottom. 

Perhaps time for a new hero to emerge at Saints. One of the two new front players but I share your view on Hearts and Boyce. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Peter Miller and Stuart McLaren were the main hatchet men cnuts that day

I think Ian Foote was the complicit and cnut referee.

I was convinced that Wullie McVie (who was another horrible bassturt) had played centre back for them that day, but I just checked and he didnae. Auld memory must be failing me.

Here’s another thing I didnae remember, that McGarvey’s goal came only one minute after Davidson’s. However, I do remember being behind the goal and experiencing my first ever classic terracing swell towards the pitch. 

Looking forward to the game - it will be tough to get through - but not impossible

I'm guessing Hodson in for Flynn - hopefully one of the new strikers gets an outing.

Optimistically hoping for a hard fought 2-1 win - but I think we will have to have a go and not sit back

Edited by southsidebud

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Dundee were very much alive at this point last season, our home game at the end of March v them was a sixpointer. They didn't really implode till after the split.

1 hour ago, ron said:

The ball will not stay still at set pieces. As such the game will either be called off or abandoned. Just a pity I will have a 2 hour round trip to experience this when they could call it off now and save everyone the inconvenience of travelling. 

Why would they call it off now?

When was the last time a SPFL game was called off because of the wind?

Jeezo, drama. 

1 hour ago, ron said:

The ball will not stay still at set pieces. As such the game will either be called off or abandoned. Just a pity I will have a 2 hour round trip to experience this when they could call it off now and save everyone the inconvenience of travelling. 

What's the weather like in Paisley right now?. Fabulous in Bridge of Allan as I post this at 11.37.