Saint Mirren v Motherwell Cup

St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Tonight's lottery numbers are...

5 in the middle vs Hamilton, 4 in the middle vs Motherwell:ph34r: Hopefully we go the full 180 and stop hoofing the ball today too.

Just how lacking in match sharpness is Chabbi to not get on the bench?

Either that or we already had enough forwards taking up the seats !  😁

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Clearly. You'd think a free hit in the cup would be a good starting point even for 10 minutes.

Having said that i'm not a manager or sports scientist

I do get your sentiment.

However, it is probably a combination of how important financially and for the manager than we have as fit a squad as possible - this is a big match and the rewards are decent. The other factor is it would likely make Chabbi look unfit and the fans would be dissatisfied - if so, better to have him much fitter and raring to go when he is named in the first team squads...

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

PS can anyone tell me why we kept MacKenzie and papped Baird off elsewhere . . .   this has been a very poor decision TWICE . . .

I would imagine because big Mac when he is fit is a class above Baird, who I will admit is a grafter and pretty consistent; though prone to mistakes, he could be one of our famous players who we let go and then comes good, but my feeling is his level is Championship or bottom six in Premiership and we need to aim higher than that IMHO.

This squad is so severely unbalanced you wonder we ever allowed the likes of Baird to go out on loan McKenzie quite frankly is a complete liability in terms of his fitness he is just never available the Manager has just wasted the transfer window for me being left short of defenders and ending up with six strikers.We now have total lack of cover in defence.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

This squad is so severely unbalanced you wonder we ever allowed the likes of Baird to go out on loan McKenzie quite frankly is a complete liability in terms of his fitness he is just never available the Manager has just wasted the transfer window for me being left short of defenders and ending up with six strikers.We now have total lack of cover in defence.

Maybe we're going to outscore teams.....................get ready for a feast of football.......................5-4 in almost every game. :lol:

Just now, jaybee said:

I would imagine because big Mac when he is fit is a class above Baird, who I will admit is a grafter and pretty consistent; though prone to mistakes, he could be one of our famous players who we let go and then comes good, but my feeling is his level is Championship or bottom six in Premiership and we need to aim higher than that IMHO.

When he is fit - there is a clear historic record here - Baird pretty much always fit, MacK fit for less than 1/2 the games at best.

2ndly all this Baird is a grafter and prone to mistakes and Gary being a class above, I just don't buy either. Gary has in fewer games made at least as many significant mistakes as Baird has done in a whole load more games.  No doubt Gary is a better passer and is often more composed, but he is much slower and does not read/get to incidents as well as Baird who is a great blocker of shots, way better than Gary.

Anyway, there will be plenty folk with opinions both ways - my point is yet again we have no defenders on the bench precisely because Gary is unfit and we decided to pap Bairdy off to Morton a second time . . . it has been a very poor decision twice . . .

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Mentally bbc forecast now got wind at almost 60mph by 4.00pm. IF (big if) that materialises (just breezy for now) there is no way you can play football in it. Personally think the forecasts will be over pessimist but who knows. Would make any game a lottery.

11, 23, 35, 44, 52 and 59.

6-0 saints

37 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Chabbi should be available in a few weeks, was mentioned when we signed him. Shame he can't get a place on the bench, even 20 minutes might be useful - looks the part

What I can't understand is being a professional and football is his trade why is he not match fit?

Why sign him. He has missed two games plus how many more?

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

PS can anyone tell me why we kept MacKenzie and papped Baird off elsewhere . . .   this has been a very poor decision TWICE . . .

You’re the man who told us all Baird was coming back. You tell us! 😂

On the basis that he wasn’t needed in the first half of the season then that obviously wasn’t a bad decision.

As for the second half, until Wank Broadfoot left at the last minute, he wasn’t needed. 

56 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

When he is fit - there is a clear historic record here - Baird pretty much always fit, MacK fit for less than 1/2 the games at best.

2ndly all this Baird is a grafter and prone to mistakes and Gary being a class above, I just don't buy either. Gary has in fewer games made at least as many significant mistakes as Baird has done in a whole load more games.  No doubt Gary is a better passer and is often more composed, but he is much slower and does not read/get to incidents as well as Baird who is a great blocker of shots, way better than Gary.

Anyway, there will be plenty folk with opinions both ways - my point is yet again we have no defenders on the bench precisely because Gary is unfit and we decided to pap Bairdy off to Morton a second time . . . it has been a very poor decision twice . . .

Wasn’t needed first time so not a bad decision.

Didn’t know Wank Broadfoot was leaving for second decision 

Saw a large young team like you describe. Bunch of wee fuds. Fortunately I was visiting before match and was traveling to Paisley Canal

Heads up that Motherwell have a pretty large number of wee fannies with them, all by train. Be vigilant if you're heading for the station after the game