Saint Mirren v Motherwell Cup

St.Ricky

FT 1-1

Yeah even game and draw a fair result. Quite good fun second half, wind and rain and tackles flying in. Good stuff. Nice goal from the Jak for our equaliser too, he looks a find.

4 draws in a row for us now. If nothing else we are certainly hard to beat. No reason we can’t get through the tie at Fir Park right enough, just might need extra time and penalties to do it. We also play there in the league next Saturday so we are going to have two games in a row in Motherwell within a few days of each other, might aswell move in.

33 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Considering this is a St Mirren forum there is a complete lack of black and white tinted glasses :angry:

My black and white glasses reckon this was a decent result and fair. My prediction was 1-1. I was wildly wrong with my crowd prediction of 6,000. Really poor turn out by Saints Fans. 

42 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Can we get an emergency loan?

No, but we can still sign players who are out of contract or have their contracts terminated, so long as they have not played with too many clubs this season already.

We need a RB and CB cover . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

Poor game. Weather caused some of that but mostly from both teams. Motherwell scored then decided to waste time. Baffling. Paul McGinn transfer looks a master stroke now if Hodsons injury is bad. Cos we play Livingston on Wed. League game on the Sat then a cup replay. Imo I dont think our squad is strong enough Were soft centred as it is. And if Hodson is missing prob means Cammy McPherson needs to go right back. So leaves struggle in midfield.

This transfer window has been a disaster. Dont know who's strategy it was but seems to help Hibs and killie not us. Thought Obika done a lot better today. Jakubiack done well for his first start. Durmus and Foley put a great shifts. Coys

Inverness beat Livi today - we play Livi next so hope they are still smarting and go on a two game losing streak... Maybes we can get Inverness at home in the 1/4 final of the cup as well?

Well done to Jakubiak today - looks really good and got the goal that keeps us in the cup. It is also great he is off the mark - strikers like to get going quickly... more to come from him we hope.

McPherson, Obika, Foley and the CB's had strong games and Hladky made some key saves too. We surely won on fouls also - so we were not bullied off the park like we were at one time previously...

Our attitude that we would not be beaten was clear today and as cup ties go it was a fairly decent contest - I liked these, even though the weather was awful.

Andreu for Obika was strange though - what about Cooke or even Mullen? Also good to see McAllister back on the field too !!!

We live to fight another battle - but possibly with another injury . . .  give us a break . . .

16 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Dont know who's strategy it was but seems to help Hibs and killie not us.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I lay no blame about these transfers to anyone.

Wank Wank Broadfoot basically left us in the shit by stating in the latter stages of deadline day he wanted out. At that point it was pretty much confirmed he’d stay here and rot in the reserves, or just bump him off the wage bill. Goodwin wasn’t left with much choice, there’s no point keeping a player who isn’t going to give his all for you. The blame here lies squarely with Wank Wank Broadfoot, who could have stated his intentions earlier on in the month and allowed us to find the cover needed. And for all you know, if he stayed, it might have been him limping off injured this week and we’d have been saying “oh, we should have punted him now”.

As for McGinn, it’s cash for a player who would have been gone for free. At the time, Hodson was a good replacement, and we’ve known Flynn has covered the position will. Like I say above, had Paul got injured this week for the rest of the season we’d be sat here wishing we took the money. You can’t see who’s going to get injured in the future and when, and the deals at the time made sense. The situation now is worrying, but I have no qualms about how Jim and the board acted regarding these transfers - Wank Wank Broadfoot was a c**t and we did cover the McGinn situation well. Injuries leave us short but had Flynn got injured without these transfers taking place, and McGinn instead of Hodson, we’d be lamenting the same situation.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I lay no blame about these transfers to anyone.

Wank Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot basically left us in the shit by stating in the latter stages of deadline day he wanted out. At that point it was pretty much confirmed he’d stay here and rot in the reserves, or just bump him off the wage bill. Goodwin wasn’t left with much choice, there’s no point keeping a player who isn’t going to give his all for you. The blame here lies squarely with Wank Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot, who could have stated his intentions earlier on in the month and allowed us to find the cover needed. And for all you know, if he stayed, it might have been him limping off injured this week and we’d have been saying “oh, we should have punted him now”.

As for McGinn, it’s cash for a player who would have been gone for free. At the time, Hodson was a good replacement, and we’ve known Flynn has covered the position will. Like I say above, had Paul got injured this week for the rest of the season we’d be sat here wishing we took the money. You can’t see who’s going to get injured in the future and when, and the deals at the time made sense. The situation now is worrying, but I have no qualms about how Jim and the board acted regarding these transfers - Wank Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot was a c**t and we did cover the McGinn situation well. Injuries leave us short but had Flynn got injured without these transfers taking place, and McGinn instead of Hodson, we’d be lamenting the same situation.

I agree. But Wank Wank Broadfoot was a few months into a 2 year contract. Throws his dummy out the pram. And is let go back to Killie. Should be sat in the stands or gardening today not playing for Killie. We gave in to easy. Even Jack Ross said he was surprised to get McGinn. Something is not right about that transfer.

Strange game today imo thought we were better first half and could have been winning at half time never mind losing.

2nd half thought they were much better yet we won that half.

I don't want to say this but thought Dallas was OK today never stood for any bullsh**.

Lots of positives today. First is the formation - that is how we should have lined up against Hamilton and given us a chance. Hopefully we now scrap the 4-2-3-1 as we cannot play it.

Jakubiak looks a decent player. Was very impressed with his workrate, strength and linkup play as well as his goal. Exactly what a striker should be doing. Should improve as he beds into the team.

McGrath looked good and should improve once he gets more confidence and gets more game time.

Durmus was excellent and rightly MoM.

Considering Well ran over us in the last two games we competed well and I thought made marginally more chances. Good game in the conditions but glad to see a decent performance after the rubbish served up on Wed. Onwards to Livi on Wed.

19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Lots of positives today. First is the formation - that is how we should have lined up against Hamilton and given us a chance. Hopefully we now scrap the 4-2-3-1 as we cannot play it.

Jakubiak looks a decent player. Was very impressed with his workrate, strength and linkup play as well as his goal. Exactly what a striker should be doing. Should improve as he beds into the team.

McGrath looked good and should improve once he gets more confidence and gets more game time.

Durmus was excellent and rightly MoM.

Considering Well ran over us in the last two games we competed well and I thought made marginally more chances. Good game in the conditions but glad to see a decent performance after the rubbish served up on Wed. Onwards to Livi on Wed.

Sonny... I'm in your camp on this. 

Hope Hodson's injury isn't serious. 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Hodson off - injured - Morais on.

I'm not sure if anybody has ever told you, but this isn't the 90's anymore where punters not at the game rely on texts from a mate or teletext for updates on everything. Next you'll be counting planes!

Edited by W6Saint

Strange game today imo thought we were better first half and could have been winning at half time never mind losing.

2nd half thought they were much better yet we won that half.

I don't want to say this but thought Dallas was OK today never stood for any bullsh**.

Was not there so appreciate the insight.

But in the ref, did he miss/deny us clear penalties ?