Saint Mirren v Motherwell Cup

St.Ricky

Back to the topic. This could be a very physical game being the third game in 10 days or so between the teams. Recent grudges and all that. I'd prefer to win both of the games against Motherwell. If given a choice of which one I would rather we won, I'm not sure which I would choose right now. Maybe after the games this Wednesday I might be able to choose. 

Well I was relieved the game went ahead. Can you imagine if the game had been postponed or abandoned, and then we drew the rearranged game?

Does Andrew Dallas wear contacts, because if he does he must have forgotten them, two clear penalties for hand ball not given. Jakubiak's goal was slightly fortuitous, but overall I thought we played reasonably well given the conditions and definitely deserved a draw.

Credit to the Northbank, who were excellent throughout the game and generated a great atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, W6er said:

Well I was relieved the game went ahead. Can you imagine if the game had been postponed or abandoned, and then we drew the rearranged game?

Does Andrew Dallas wear contacts, because if he does he must have forgotten them, two clear penalties for hand ball not given. Jakubiak's goal was slightly fortuitous, but overall I thought we played reasonably well given the conditions and definitely deserved a draw.

Credit to the Northbank, who were excellent throughout the game and generated a great atmosphere.

No. :lol:

Are you made of paper? :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

A good game of football today prior to the wind and rain kicking in. 

Draw was a fair result and today proved there is not much of a different between 3rd and bottom of the league.

Replay will give us an other £20/£30K that will pay for a backup C/H or F/B to sit on the bench.

Funds are not the issue. We are sitting pretty with the McGinn transfer and saving on Wank Broadfoot's wages, but yes the cup replay will bring in more funds too.

Big issue is finding someone able and fit  to slot in, if required and able to be an asset whenever he is required at FB and another for CB cover . . .

Perhaps a younger lad let go or an old head who was on big money but would rather be playing than on the scrap heap. 

With Nick McAllister on loan at Albion Rovers. Ethan at Barnsley. Ethan has played right back for a season in the SPL. Surely we can recall him from his loan. I know hes a midfielder but needs must. Seems Goody is reluctant to put the youngsters in. We all know its difficult to throw a young straight in at the deep end. But were struggling for bodies
Jay Henderson is 17 been on the bench all season. Probably now McPherson will go to RB so give Jay a chance. Very talented young player.

I can see merit in the arguments made by both Sweeper and Santaponsa. My first thought is to go for an experienced RB who can also play CB or more than one of these. We have more points than last year but no team has become detached and the long run in will be tough. Fitness is an issue. As for Ethan, I am attracted to this but on balance feel he is still one for the future, not the present. 

With Nick McAllister on loan at Albion Rovers. Ethan at Barnsley. Ethan has played right back for a season in the SPL. Surely we can recall him from his loan. I know hes a midfielder but needs must. Seems Goody is reluctant to put the youngsters in. We all know its difficult to throw a young straight in at the deep end. But were struggling for bodies
Jay Henderson is 17 been on the bench all season. Probably now McPherson will go to RB so give Jay a chance. Very talented young player.
Cammy can cover right back short term sure...

But we need his energy and drive in midfield, especially with Flynn, Magennis and Hodson out.

Who else other than Foley can give dig to centre midfield if MacPherson is moved into defence?

21 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ethan played left back and was poor in that position.