The Pointless Third Quarter Points Prediction

munoz

On 2/1/2020 at 6:08 PM, faraway saint said:

9 games to go, 2 points on the board.

It should be highlighted 2 pretty decent points.

Next up, an easy 3 points against Hamilton. :rolleyes:

8 games to go, 3 points on the board.

Different set of games coming up. 

What a difference 3 points tonight would have made.

As it is, increased pressure in the next 3 games of February. 

On 2/2/2020 at 12:16 AM, St.Ricky said:

A point a game in the last two so far against teams at the top end of the league. Nine to go. Same average would mean 11 points. Wins against Hamilton and Hearts could be crucial.. Self explanatory I know and maybe take us to 15 points. 

A point in the last 3. 8 to go. Same average would be 11 points. 

We are now not losing many games, but the draws could end up being our downfall.  Last night was a great opportunity to put some light between us and the bottom 2 and keep us up with the pack above us, but unfortunately we blew it. 

My ambitious prediction of 14 points is now looking difficult,  unless we can pull 3 rabbits out of the hat. 

10 hours ago, munoz said:

We are now not losing many games, but the draws could end up being our downfall.  Last night was a great opportunity to put some light between us and the bottom 2 and keep us up with the pack above us, but unfortunately we blew it. 

My ambitious prediction of 14 points is now looking difficult,  unless we can pull 3 rabbits out of the hat. 

Exactly.

People falling over themselves with the "we've only lost 2 from 12, we've only won 2 in  the same period. 

It seems fairly obvious 3 points are massive, especially last night.

One victory takes care of three dreary draws.

PS I did say St Johnstone weren't as bad as some thought, didn't I? :wink:

Just look what a couple of victories in the last 4 games has done for them. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

Exactly.

People falling over themselves with the "we've only lost 2 from 12, we've only won 2 in  the same period. 

It seems fairly obvious 3 points is massive, especially last night.

It not inconceivable that we can start turning the draws into wins. The two strikers signed have been brought in to try and rectify just that.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

It not inconceivable that we can start turning the draws into wins. The two strikers signed have been brought in to try and rectify just that.

It's not, but we're running out of games and time.

As I pointed out, St Johnstone, 2 wins, a draw and a loss from the last 4 have catapulted them up the league.

Last night was an enormous opportunity lost.

Just now, faraway saint said:

It's not, but we're running out of games and time.

As I pointed out, St Johnstone, 2 wins, a draw and a loss from the last 4 have catapulted them up the league.

Last night was an enormous opportunity lost.

It was that, but I would be more concerned if we were losing every game. 

We still have time on our side,  but definitely need to somehow find a way to win games , and quick. 

Hopefully JG has learned from his mistakes in the last couple of games- better game management from the Hibs game,  and better team selection and tactics from last night. 

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

^^^^ This, but last night we were not so good defensively - midfield wise . . .  we cannot afford that in most games...

A wee Chabbi Chic goal or two every 3 games and a Jacubiak goal every 3 games, with others from other players and we can win games . . . but we need to be better midfield and defensively too...

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

^^^^ This, but last night we were not so good defensively - midfield wise . . .  we cannot afford that in most games...

A wee Chabbi Chic goal or two every 3 games and a Jacubiak goal every 3 games, with others from other players and we can win games . . . but we need to be better midfield and defensively too...

So, where's your hero Obika in the battle for survival? :rolleyes:

You don't half live in a fantasy world, you've jinxed Obika, now you've jinxed new players. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

So, where's your hero Obika in the battle for survival? :rolleyes:

You don't half live in a fantasy world, you've jinxed Obika, now you've jinxed new players. :lol:

Obika is not my hero but is our top scorer at this time !

He will get goals, and if we learned something last night it was that Obika as a target man is way better than Morias in that role..

We never signed the other two strikers as ornaments !  The competition for game time up front will kick us on !

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He will get goals, and if we learned something last night it was that Obika as a target man is way better than Morias in that role..

We never signed the other two strikers as ornaments !  The competition for game time up front will kick us on !

You keep saying that, but he's been identified by many as nothing like a natural goalscorer, whereas you think differently.

The facts are he's dried up, not scored in the league since mid December? 

The majority of his goals have been fortunate.

I did say he couldn't keep up that kind of luck, looks like, at this moment, I'm right. :wink:

You were touting 15 goals or so, then double figures, might not reach 8 league goals the way things are going. 

22 minutes ago, munoz said:

It was that, but I would be more concerned if we were losing every game. 

We still have time on our side,  but definitely need to somehow find a way to win games , and quick. 

Hopefully JG has learned from his mistakes in the last couple of games- better game management from the Hibs game,  and better team selection and tactics from last night. 

That's all we can ask. Saw something earlier today that showed we were making more shots at goal than most teams but obviously not finishing. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You keep saying that, but he's been identified by many as nothing like a natural goalscorer, whereas you think differently.

The facts are he's dried up, not scored in the league since mid December? 

The majority of his goals have been fortunate.

I did say he couldn't keep up that kind of luck, looks like, at this moment, I'm right. :wink:

You were touting 15 goals or so, then double figures, might not reach 8 league goals the way things are going. 

I never said he was a natural goal scorer (definition debatable on that one) but he does score goals. His strength is his physicality and he causes confusion in the opposition box because of that.

Facts not discounting the 3 week winter break.... he is still leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in our squad in this league AND ahead of many in other squads...

Who cares if he is lucky or not -they all count !

I started the season hoping we had a striker who could hit double figures, after all our top scorer last season was 6. Add in the cups and Obika still might hit 15. Is it likely - probably not, but does that make me terrible for being hopeful? And he might just do it with our new winger and another striker to feed off and work with !!!

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I never said he was a natural goal scorer (definition debatable on that one) but he does score goals. His strength is his physicality and he causes confusion in the opposition box because of that.

Facts not discounting the 3 week winter break.... he is still leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in our squad in this league AND ahead of many in other squads...

Who cares if he is lucky or not -they all count !

I started the season hoping we had a striker who could hit double figures, after all our top scorer last season was 6. Add in the cups and Obika still might hit 15. Is it likely - probably not, but does that make me terrible for being hopeful? And he might just do it with our new winger and another striker to feed off and work with !!!

Aye, ok. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:07 AM, faraway saint said:

8 games to go, 3 points on the board.

Different set of games coming up. 

What a difference 3 points tonight would have made.

As it is, increased pressure in the next 3 games of February. 

7 games to go, 3 points from 4 games.

Draws are killing us.

Jeezo, last win was, wait for it, 29th December.

2 wins in the last two and a half months. 

Not much winter cheer. 

On 2/6/2020 at 7:25 PM, Sweeper07 said:

He's back. :thumbs2

Can't wait for another 3 or 4 in the next few games, by feck we need them. 

On 2/13/2020 at 6:50 PM, faraway saint said:

He's back. :thumbs2    Sorry business trips are a pain - thanks for missing me

Can't wait for another 3 or 4 in the next few games, by feck we need them. 

He's scored 8 goals for us this season - two more this game and the next and it will be double figures as I predicted from the off...

But he will more than double last seasons top scorer for us by the end of this season . . .

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He's scored 8 goals for us this season - two more this game and the next and it will be double figures as I predicted from the off...

But he will more than double last seasons top scorer for us by the end of this season . . .

You were also "predicting" 15, let's not mention that. :wink:

Anyhow, aye 8 in total, 6 in the league, 1 goal in almost 2 months. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You were also "predicting" 15, let's not mention that. :wink:

Anyhow, aye 8 in total, 6 in the league, 1 goal in almost 2 months. 

Another stat for you. 

5 out of the last 7 posts on this thread are yours including ones where you are quoting yourself. 

Amazing 

Edited by St.Ricky

On 2/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, faraway saint said:

Exactly.

It seems fairly obvious 3 points are massive, especially last night.

Good call. :thumbs2