The Pointless Third Quarter Points Prediction

munoz

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

7 games to go mate, sitting on 3 points.

2 of these 7 are against the OF, nothings impossible but unlikely to get anything from these games.

5 other games, could be 18 points in total, what's the chances? :wink:

Now 7 out of 10

Voices. It's the voices again

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

7 games to go mate, sitting on 3 points.

2 of these 7 are against the OF, nothings impossible but unlikely to get anything from these games.

5 other games, could be 18 points in total, what's the chances? :wink:

I've now ditched this thread. 

Predictions are pointless 😂

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You were also "predicting" 15, let's not mention that. :wink:

Anyhow, aye 8 in total, 6 in the league, 1 goal in almost 2 months. 

Actually looking back at previous posts I have predicted or "hoped" he would score "double figures" possibly "14 or more" and even suggesting that he could get "15 by the end of the season". I never claimed to be a prophet, but let's see how it pans out - meanwhile the doubters can doubt !  

Your angle is rather biased though - 1 goal in almost two months is more than just biased - its wrong (He scored 2 on the 18th January as well as his goal against Livi on Wednesday) so 3 goals in the last 3 weeks or so is the factual amount - and your last two months includes the winter break period... 

He currently sits on 8 - 2 away from double figures - more already than our top scorer last season - personally I am happy about that, and have no problem with the doubters having a pop at him. It will be interesting to see if the supply improves when Jakubiak and Chabbi are playing more often (and maybe McAllister too) :cheers

Edited by Sweeper07

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Actually looking back at previous posts I have predicted or "hoped" he would score "double figures" possibly "14 or more" and even suggesting that he could get "15 by the end of the season". I never claimed to be a prophet, but let's see how it pans out - meanwhile the doubters can doubt !  

Your angle is rather biased though - 1 goal in almost two months is more than just biased - its wrong (He scored 2 on the 18th January as well as his goal against Livi on Wednesday) so 3 goals in the last 3 weeks is the factual amount - and your last two months includes the winter break period... 

He currently sits on 8 - 2 away from double figures - more already than our top scorer last season - personally I am happy about that, and have no problem with the doubters having a pop at him. It will be interesting to see if the supply improves when Jakubiak and Chabbi are playing more often (and maybe McAllister too) :cheers

You are that vague in most posts it's hard to pin you down, you cover every aspect and claim some sort of Mystic Meg powers. :lol:

I did say LEAGUE. 

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You are that vague in most posts it's hard to pin you down, you cover every aspect and claim some sort of Mystic Meg powers. :lol:

I did say LEAGUE.    NAW you didnae in the post I responded too - liar liar pants on fire - I quoted your exact post  - you did perhaps in other posts too, so your hypocrisy is ripe saying I cover the bases !  What I posted about Obika has been hopeful nothing other than that - if that's a crime then I am guilty !

IT's really rich you posting this first line though - the man who posts the most in this forum, (apart maybes from Mr multiple alias twat) covering loads of bases, popping at most people...

Anyway, I did not say his goals in the league - I said for us this season . . . the cups actually count too !  :magic

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

IT's really rich you posting this first line though - the man who posts the most in this forum, (apart maybes from Mr multiple alias twat) covering loads of bases, popping at most people...

Anyway, I did not say his goals in the league - I said for us this season . . . the cups actually count too !  :magic

What has that got to do with your rambling predictions?

Why do people pour pish all over you........................because you post incomprehensible drivel. 

Anyhow, I'm rich, another great prediction on the two SPFL games today.

Toodle ooh. :byebye

On 1/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Sweeper07 said:

This is kind of where we really need to be minimum. I hope we get at least 16 points - 4 wins, 4 draws would do that, but even 1 more win to 5 would be huge going into the last 5 games of the season. IF this lad McGrath can bang in some goals, this could happen ! I hope we are on 35 + points going into the split this time   :spud7

16 points. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You foretold it, therefore it is a prophecy, whether it is a fact or not.

Nope, I want the evidence now, come on, out with it. You don't even need to prove that I will do that, you don't even need to prove that a specific, or any, god exists, you don't need to prove that I have a maker. All you have to do is prove that the supernatural exists. Any sort of supernatural. Anything at all. Pixies, goblins, unicorns, souls, spirits (not the alcoholic kind), miracles, anything. Just one. Anything single thing at all. Go for it.

You won't though, and not just because you can't, but because it will make you have to look at your own beliefs closely and you know, deep down, that you have no logical reason for believing what you do.

If it makes you feel better you go on believing it, I won't try to stop you. Just don't go threatening me with your beliefs. Your belief that I, and most other people, deserve to be tormented forever for not believing the same uncorroborated stories that you do. If there truly is evil, rather than just degrees of badness, it is people like you threatening others with eternal damnation for having the audacity to think for themselves.

Anyway, just one supernatural thing - go for it. If you don't even attempt it then you obviously care nothing for my soul that you believe I have and, if you are a christian, you are supposed to care about that.

Man, I gave up this teenage angst and these types of discussions over 50 years ago. Let the guy be. He has something you don't. It's called belief and scares the bejeezes out of rational thinkers like you. Why should it matter to you one way or another? Why try to convert or educate to an almost maniacal level?

12 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

If it makes you feel better you go on believing it, I won't try to stop you. Just don't go threatening me with your beliefs. Your belief that I, and most other people, deserve to be tormented forever for not believing the same uncorroborated stories that you do. If there truly is evil, rather than just degrees of badness, it is people like you threatening others with eternal damnation for having the audacity to think for themselves.

Anyway, just one supernatural thing - go for it. If you don't even attempt it then you obviously care nothing for my soul that you believe I have and, if you are a christian, you are supposed to care about that.

It just shows how little you know, that you think you know what I believe. If you actually really wanted proof you could get it - but I don't think you really want it because it would mean that all you believe about God to date was utterly foolish and you would have to admit that to yourself and take on board the implications of so many years vehemently being wrong.

I don't believe what I do to "feel good", I believe it because I discovered that God IS real and that makes life better in every way - even through difficult circumstanced in life too.

. Matthew 6:33 is all I will give you - treat it like cr*p if you want but it really and truly works ! Your not the only person who has thought like you do - the only difference is whether you continue along that path or search for the reality that can still be yours if you want it more than anything else in this life . . . I wish you well for a illuminated future.

Back on topic now - will we take 3 wins in a trot and catch up with Killie ? What a difference that would make all round

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Did you not read what I said? FFS, it's the Bank thread all over again. emoji38.png

Belief and faith are no avenues to truth, if they were you would have to believe all of the contradictory claims about every religion. You would have to believe that Jesus was the son of GOD (christianity), just a GREAT  prophet (islam) and neither (judaism) all at the same time. Belief and faith are just ridiculous excuses.(NOT LIKE FAITH THAT WE ARE ALL HERE BY CHANCE AND JUST PASS ON OUR GENES FOR NO PURPOSE OTHER THAN JUST TO KEEP LIFE GOING FOR NO PARTICULAR THING THAT MATTERS AND WE DIE AFTER WHATEVER PERIOD AND THAT IS IT _ GONE< NOTHING _ WHAT A TOTALLY MISERABLE AND UNHOPEFUL OPUTLOOK YOU MUST HAVE!)  In fact, faith is the excuse people use when they know that they have no logical reason to believe something. (HEBREWS 11:1 tells ignorant folk that Christian faith is sure and certain - from experience I and hundreds of others I know can declare that that is TRUE)

And no, the beliefs of others don't scare me, don't be so stupid.

What does worry me is the power people with these beliefs have throughout the world and the control they have over the lives of others just because they think that they have some insider knowledge that is denied to the rest of us. There are over 10,000 sects of Christianity alone, one of which, at most, can be correct. That means that they all believe that the others are wrong and will be damned - and they aren't shy about saying so (see Sweep), (I am not threatening anyone but you only have this life time, however long to discover God, if not you miss your chance - you can blame whoever you like, but you have a brain and could find out the truth if you were not so determined not to - fact is you have a better chance than many people in the world) basically threatening people who do not believe as they do. If they kept it to themselves and didn't indoctrinate children I wouldn't give a shit at all. (Its my experience that the media and other learning bodies indoctrinate children a lot more than Christians have ever done - I personally don't indoctrinate anyone, but always encourage folk to hear both sides of arguments, gather evidence on each side and then make up your own mind - the only issue is how fair and balanced they are in gathering the evidence) The problem is that they can't because they are told to "spread the word". (AND let people discover the greatest thing that they can while on this earth - we are really dreadful folk - better that we are quiet and they have no hope for any kind of future eh!)

Nothing of what I have said there is an attack on anyone's beliefs, it's an attack on how their beliefs make them act towards others - funnily enough, it makes them act not very Christian.

What utter tripe and you question what I believe - Ha ha ! 

There is only one true faith in one true God the other "faiths" are deceptions of the devil . . .there are plenty folk who put their faith in foolish ideas and other things - like : hard work is always profitable; buying a product that a celebrity has endorsed; or the healing powers of copper bracelets to name a selection.

Anyway your foolish rants reminded me why I won't further engage with you on this topic . . . you don't really want to engage - you want to belittle and base your assertions  on your idea of things as if you were all knowing and correct . . .

29 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

There is only one true faith in one true God the other "faiths" are deceptions of the devil . . .there are plenty folk who put their faith in foolish ideas and other things - like : hard work is always profitable; buying a product that a celebrity has endorsed; or the healing powers of copper bracelets to name a selection.

Anyway your foolish rants reminded me why I won't further engage with you on this topic . . . you don't really want to engage - you want to belittle and base your assertions  on your idea of things as if you were all knowing and correct . . .

Wow!!

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

f**king hell. :lol:

15 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Did you not read what I said? FFS, it's the Bank thread all over again. emoji38.png

Belief and faith are no avenues to truth, if they were you would have to believe all of the contradictory claims about every religion. You would have to believe that Jesus was the son of god (christianity), just a prophet (islam) and neither (judaism) all at the same time. Belief and faith are just ridiculous excuses. In fact, faith is the excuse people use when they know that they have no logical reason to believe something.

And no, the beliefs of others don't scare me, don't be so stupid.

What does worry me is the power people with these beliefs have throughout the world and the control they have over the lives of others just because they think that they have some insider knowledge that is denied to the rest of us. There are over 10,000 sects of Christianity alone, one of which, at most, can be correct. That means that they all believe that the others are wrong and will be damned - and they aren't shy about saying so (see Sweep), basically threatening people who do not believe as they do. If they kept it to themselves and didn't indoctrinate children I wouldn't give a shit at all. The problem is that they can't because they are told to "spread the word".

Nothing of what I have said there is an attack on anyone's beliefs, it's an attack on how their beliefs make them act towards others - funnily enough, it makes them act not very christian.

Such childish logic. 

Your intimate conclusion in your last line or two makes sense though. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

I know that I'll regret this but ... what parts have childish logic?

Why is it that those who are Strong Disbelievers finish up Arguing in a similar manner to those who are Strong Believers?

Neither group can string an argument together which has the remotest chance of ever being considered reasonable by the other.

Each has already committed wholly to their own belief set and is blind to the other. Each reaches a point where proof ceases to exist and Belief takes over. Why not just accept that? 

Both lots seem determined to try to convert the rest of us to their particular belief system.  

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Why is it that those who are Strong Disbelievers finish up Arguing in a similar manner to those who are Strong Believers?

Neither group can string an argument together which has the remotest chance of ever being considered reasonable by the other.

Each has already committed wholly to their own belief set and is blind to the other. Each reaches a point where proof ceases to exist and Belief takes over. Why not just accept that? 

Both lots seem determined to try to convert the rest of us to their particular belief system.  

You are wholly missing the point, here, Ricky...  :unsure:

One side's argument is precisely evidence based on logic and reason and the other hangs happily only on belief with no need of proof and no acceptance of  rational challenges or discourse on their faith based systems.

Just now, antrin said:

You are wholly missing the point, here, Ricky...  :unsure:

One side's argument is precisely evidence based on logic and reason and the other hangs happily only on belief with no need of proof and no acceptance of  rational challenges or discourse on their faith based systems.

I'm trying to say the same thing but clearly failing miserably. However, that's from a neutral perspective. For those who consider e.g.the Bible (other religions holy books are available) to be fact, then they see this differently. For them. That is incontrovertible proof. From a dispassionate or scientific approach it is not. That's the conundrum.