The Pointless Third Quarter Points Prediction

munoz

On 2/12/2020 at 11:05 PM, faraway saint said:

7 games to go, 3 points from 4 games.

Draws are killing us.

Jeezo, last win was, wait for it, 29th December.

2 wins in the last two and a half months. 

Not much winter cheer. 

How we need 3 points tonight, could give us considerable breathing space, especially with the glut of games coming up. 

On 2/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, antrin said:

You are wholly missing the point, here, Ricky...  :unsure:

One side's argument is precisely evidence based on logic and reason and the other hangs happily only on belief with no need of proof and no acceptance of  rational challenges or discourse on their faith based systems.

It is great what folk think I am arguing is something that I am not arguing... I have some respect for you - the other two clowns are so up themselves its a surprise that they can even breath...

You sit on the high throne of YOUR logic and reason and stick belief on a level of lowly fools... theologians use reason and logic too !

People can have flawed logic and reason . .. and history is littered with it on both sides.

My maker is REAL:  millions of people have encountered him while they were on the earth and Christian belief is sure and certain Hebrews 11:1 (I know folk argue that my proof text is not accepted by them, but what I am saying is that it is actually true and not just something we accept or not. It is not a head belief or blind faith - we get the full assurance - no surprise though if you don't believe that, then it seems mad))

Anyway - we are all free to believe what we choose to believe - I think it is quite something when you delve into individuals beliefs and discover some stunning surprises...

Edited by Sweeper07

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is great what folk think I am arguing is something that I am not arguing... I have some respect for you - the other two clowns are so up themselves its a surprise that they can even breath...

You sit on the high throne of YOUR logic and reason and stick belief on a level of lowly fools... theologians use reason and logic too !

People can have flawed logic and reason . .. and history is littered with it on both sides.

My maker is REAL:  millions of people have encountered him while they were on the earth and Christian believe is sure and certain Hebrews 11:1 (I know folk argue that my proof text is not accepted by them, but what I am saying is that it is actually true and not just something we accept or not. It is not a head belief or blind faith - we get the full assurance)

Anyway - we are all free to believe what we choose to believe - I think it is quite something when you delve into individuals beliefs and discover some stunning surprises...

The voices in your head are not REAL. :1eye

Keep your religious crap to a suitable thread. :byebye

16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

My maker is REAL:  millions of people have encountered him while they were on the earth and Christian belief is sure and certain Hebrews 11:1 (I know folk argue that my proof text is not accepted by them, but what I am saying is that it is actually true and not just something we accept or not. It is not a head belief or blind faith - we get the full assurance - no surprise though if you don't believe that, then it seems mad))

Sorry, Buddie...   The bit in bold (with which I would agree) is where we mostly differ.  Theologians may also use reason and logic when it suits them, then dispense with it when it suits them or they are challenged.  You may well believe your "MAKER" is real, but you can offer me no proof based on reason and logic.

Scientists or rational people are prepared to accept their position can be challenged/is false and be more than happy to regard things n the new light… if facts based on reason and logic are presented... 

That latter type of person can accept their position is wrong. 

You cannot because you know - in a way I can never know.

Growing up in the weird West of Scotland world, I was fascinated by this religion thing that I could just not get a grip of.  I (genuinely) visited EVERY church in Paisley - went to services tried to fathom it out, joined organisations that practised belief.

It MUST be meaningful, I fathomed, or so many people would not be so obsessed and wound up by it.

I grew up. 

On 2/17/2020 at 11:51 PM, St.Ricky said:

All I need to confirm is that it exists. The universe is a singular system or else we would be taking of universes which we don't. Within the universe, it could be said therefore that no matter could be created or destroyed. This, in modern terms where debate on divine intervention is involved. 

You might not.  I do.  Passionately, for now.

Parallel universes, multiverses...

Even tied myself into a knot when I developed a passion for string theory...

On 2/17/2020 at 8:54 PM, faraway saint said:

Dim as a 2 watt bulb, and twice as dull. 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:54 PM, St.Ricky said:

I'm not. I am. I'm not. 

I read the above, grinned and thought I'd posted about it, but it has vanished .  I blame a malevolent god Mod with no sensayumah..

The delightful synchronicity of those two posts.  One from fartaway, describing Ricky... and Ricky lapsing immediately into an impersonation of it, going on and off... 

On.

Off.

On etc...

Made me smile... :)

Edited by antrin

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

I read the above, grinned and thought I'd posted about it, but it has vanished .  I blame a malevolent god Mod with no sensayumah..

The delightful synchronicity of those two posts.  One from fartaway, describing Ricky... and Ricky lapsing immediately into an impersonation of it, going on and off... 

On.

Off.

On etc...

Made me smile... :)

Makes me smile too. I don't know the man. Easily wound up mind you. Me too looking at the posts or do one might conclude. I wish F Man all the very best. 

I quite like to work our averages on point totals over the season when we get to this part of the campaign. Obviously know it doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme but

Hearts currently average 0.7 points per game. If that continued to the end of the season they’d get 8 points (finishing on 27)

Hamilton average 0.75 per game if that continues they’d get 8 points as well (finishing on 29) 

Lets hope the forms continue... two results from safety 😂

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I quite like to work our averages on point totals over the season when we get to this part of the campaign. Obviously know it doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme but

Hearts currently average 0.7 points per game. If that continued to the end of the season they’d get 8 points (finishing on 27)

Hamilton average 0.75 per game if that continues they’d get 8 points as well (finishing on 29) 

Lets hope the forms continue... two results from safety 😂

That's pseudo-religious, I fear...    :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Sorry, Buddie...   The bit in bold (with which I would agree) is where we mostly differ.  Theologians may also use reason and logic when it suits them, then dispense with it when it suits them or they are challenged.  You may well believe your "MAKER" is real, but you can offer me no proof based on reason and logic. I can, but the other two fools don't really want any proof, hence the reason I won't throw it on here only to be attacked from any angle their hatred delights in.

Scientists or rational people are prepared to accept their position can be challenged/is false and be more than happy to regard things n the new light… if facts based on reason and logic are presented... I get this argument and it is a regular sticking point for many folk... there have been a great number of people who would assert that once they had amassed the evidence available to them, having noted so many other people who claimed their God was real to them, and taken the step of faith for themselves found that their reason and logic worked out for them so much so that for them it became a fact. However, this is only a part answer here - there are plenty of theologians who get challenged too just like scientists

That latter type of person can accept their position is wrong. I can accept that I have been wrong too about a number of things and even in my understanding of God at times too - A Christian does not know everything from day 1, but once you know something is true, it is not possible to unknow it.

You cannot because you know - in a way I can never know.  you definitely can but you don't believe that you can...

Growing up in the weird West of Scotland world, I was fascinated by this religion thing that I could just not get a grip of.  I (genuinely) visited EVERY church in Paisley - went to services tried to fathom it out, joined organisations that practised belief This  shows that you were open to answers, but did not find the answers at that time. There can be various reasons why this can happen. To be honest I know some of the churches in Paisley, and though I can be critical, there are no perfect churches. Some things are worth giving more than one chance... sometimes God's timing comes into it, he knows when is best etc.

It MUST be meaningful, I fathomed, or so many people would not be so obsessed and wound up by it.  I grew up. But are you in a fixed place forever then, beliefs etc.. I am still learning a lot, and have changed my beliefs on various things over the years. I can honestly say it has and continues to transform my life and the lives of others I engage with - not them all of course, but people from every walk of life, all kinds of backgrounds, many of which you might think would chase them away from any idea of a loving God too...

Thanks for engaging with me honestly and arguing rationally and without an vindictiveness. Maybe you life is going fine (I know we beat Motherwell so maybe better than fine). But I suspect you don't have all the answers in life sussed out: Like is there life after death or is our purpose really just about spreading genes (Given that some people don't manage to do that, what then is there purpose etc..)

Wishing you the best . . .

I'm sorry to burst your bubble sweeper but...……….

There is NO proof of a Deity. ANY Deity. That's why it's called faith.

it's great that your misguided belief in this "God" makes you try to live your life without hurting others but, IF your god existed, I'd have to call him a callous bastard for seemingly killing young kids before they had a chance to do right or wrong. Sometimes in the most painful of ways.

If it was a mere mortal doing this, would that really be someone you would want to associate with? 

Not for me.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble sweeper but...……….

There is NO proof of a Deity. ANY Deity. That's why it's called faith.

it's great that your misguided belief in this "God" makes you try to live your life without hurting others but, IF your god existed, I'd have to call him a callous bastard for seemingly killing young kids before they had a chance to do right or wrong. Sometimes in the most painful of ways.

If it was a mere mortal doing this, would that really be someone you would want to associate with? 

Not for me.

Me too 

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I've got him on ignore so I don't know exactly what he said, but I assume it was something along the lines of:

God is real. Faith can lead you to truth. God is great. I KNOW these things. You can too. Christianity isn't a religion.

To which I would reply:

Show me the proof. It can, but it isn't a reliable avenue to truth as people of other religions have faith about other gods for which there is an equal lack of proof. No you don't, you believe them without (and in spite of all the) evidence. Show me the proof then. Yes it is.

To which he would probably reply:

You just don't want to know so I'm not talking to you because you ask me questions and expect me to have answers like my book says I should have so I'm going to go and watch my god give a child cancer and then watch him stand by while another child gets raped and ... oh, maybe a child with cancer can get raped, a double whammy ... this is fun, come and join us.

To which I would reply:

f**k off!

Was I close?

My answer would be simple.

Do you really believe some omnipotent being sits on his throne and says to his mirror/son, "I've looked through the records son. I've noted that 4,000 men haven't been very nice so here's what I'm going to do. 389 of them are not in a relationship and, being omnipotent, I know the sad bastards are never going to get their leg over so I'm gonna give them cancer. That leaves 3,611 to deal with. OK. Let them impregnate their partner. Wait a few months. Then I'm going to punish them by bumping off 2,398 of the new borns. That leaves me with 1,213. I'll leave them and catch the next generations. Job done. Now. Break out the bread and wine. I'm famished".

Even if that was sane and feasible. Could you really feel right doffing your cap to them? I wouldn't.

Edited by stlucifer

25 minutes ago, munoz said:

So , 6 points from 5 games with another 6 games to come. 

Progress has been made. 3 more available next Wednesday against St J. I'm prepared to ignore (but you never know) the Celtic game but looking ahead a few days further Hearts come calling. 3 more then and what a difference thar would make.