Hibernian v St Mirren Sat 1 February

St.Ricky

Just now, Ronnie said:

I actually thought Waters played well today certainly played Boyle well who was kept quiet.

Some will argue the first goal came from his side but he was caught with Allan and Boyle running in on him.

Aye, he gets it come what may.

Oh speaking of May, rattled in a couple today, just saying. 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Aye, he gets it come what may.
Oh speaking of May, rattled in a couple today, just saying. 

Hasn't scored more than obika though, just saying.

A massive 1 behind him, oh, wonder who'll end up with the most at the end of the season?

Fancy a wager? 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I actually thought Waters played well today certainly played Boyle well who was kept quiet.

Some will argue the first goal came from his side but he was caught with Allan and Boyle running in on him.

When we lose goals, too high a percentage come from the left side and he is far too often a weak link who offers very little going forward into the bargain. We can surely do better? Thankfully he is due back to Killie in the summer.

Guest TPAFKATS
What is? 
End of season is irrelevant right now. Obika has more league goals than May. Think May takes penalties as well.

You don't like Obika and are using May scoring for St. Johnstone against Hearts as a stick to beat him with.

Just home from today's game.  I thought the up until Hibs scored their first, was probably as good as we've played this season. Commiting plenty of players forward and playing some really neat football, topped off with two really good goals.  It's just a shame we let Hibs back into it, cause if we had got to half time with the two goal cushion, I think we would have had the 3pts. 

Plenty of plus points today, but thought Obika and possibly Morias should have been subbed a bit earlier. 

Happy enough with the point but could have had the 3 if we had managed the game a bit better when we were ahead.

Back four were excellent today. Coming along Easter Rd after the game a Hibs fan asked me who our no 5 was as he thought the guy was tremendous.

Thought by some distance that was Waters best game today. For months I have been saying we would see a lot more from Ilkay if he had a full back supporting him. Well he did today. Waters passed forward instead of inside and overlapped Ilkay providing him space. Ilkay was great today especially in the first half. Biggest bugbear is as usual when the only forward who threatens the most is taken off every single week with 10/15 mins to go.

MacPherson man of the match. Foley good as well.

Morias either isn't listening to what the manger tells him or Jim isn't telling him how to play as a winger because he doesn't have a clue. Constantly moves into the centre leaving Flynn exposed and not providing any width. And when we have the ball he doesn't go forward off the ball to push back their defence but runs towards the player with the ball as all he wants to do is run with the ball at the opposition. No positional discipline - seems to play for himself and not the team.

Though that was Andreu's best game as well in the stripes. I still think he is a luxury player who doesn't work nearly hard enough but he had a good first half.

Obika. How does he stay on a pitch for 90 mins without being subbed?

Anyway, very good performance in a game we should have had tied up at half time but a point is a point. Play like that on Wed and it should be 3 points in the bag.

Good all round performance today. With one exception. Obika just doesn't have it. He was poor today. How he played the whole game only Goody will know. This guy seriously needs to up his game. Morias made a mistake for the equaliser. And it was a foul on Foley. McPherson was top dog for us today his freekicks and crosses were superb. But tbf they all put a shift in except one. Funny thing is when leaving the stadium it felt like a defeat. Yet before the game I think any if us would have taken a point. But massive game Wednesday night. Lets get behind the team all of them. Coys.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Just home from today's game.  I thought the up until Hibs scored their first, was probably as good as we've played this season. Commiting plenty of players forward and playing some really neat football, topped off with two really good goals.  It's just a shame we let Hibs back into it, cause if we had got to half time with the two goal cushion, I think we would have had the 3pts. 

Plenty of plus points today, but thought Obika and possibly Morias should have been subbed a bit earlier. 

Happy enough with the point but could have had the 3 if we had managed the game a bit better when we were ahead.

Agree with this. Would only add that Obika and Morias put in a serious amount of work today and showed signs of tiredness so perhaps should have been subbed earlier. Thought Hodson slotted in well when he came on. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree with this. Would only add that Obika and Morias put in a serious amount of work today and showed signs of tiredness so perhaps should have been subbed earlier. Thought Hodson slotted in well when he came on. 

I've been very supportive of Obika,  but today he didn't have a good game. His touch was terrible.  Definitely should have been subbed. 

Just now, munoz said:

I've been very supportive of Obika,  but today he didn't have a good game. His touch was terrible.  Definitely should have been subbed. 

I just agreed that he should have been munoz but he covered a lot of ground and bumped into plenty of Hibs players. But also agree that often he let the ball run away from him. 

2 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Interesting to read the comments about Obika. Now I wasn't at the game today but the BBC's Kheredine commented on him as follows:

"Jonathan Obika also led the line superbly for the visitors and was part of the reason they were able to play a lot of their football in the Hibs half. "

I found that strange when I read that earlier.