Hibernian v St Mirren Sat 1 February

St.Ricky

To be fair the vast majority of the support were directing anger towards Obika yesterday mainly late in the game when we were under pressure and he lost possession quite easily 3/4 times to put us under more pressure.

Mullen and Cooke imo would have been better in those situations of taking the ball up park to give the team a break.

No issue with people venting their ire toward Obika on here but the @rseholes who abuse him on a Saturday deserve the perceived suffering he inflicts on them each week.

To be fair the vast majority of the support were directing anger towards Obika yesterday mainly late in the game when we were under pressure and he lost possession quite easily 3/4 times to put us under more pressure.

Mullen and Cooke imo would have been better in those situations of taking the ball up park to give the team a break.

Ronnie, first of all there’s no time or place it’s acceptable IMO.

Secondly, I’ve seen neither Cooke or Mullen holding the ball up as you describe in any appearance and evidently Goody hasn’t seen it in training either.

46 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Ronnie. I don't agree with you saying that the vast majority were directing anger towards Obika. A few, yes. We're a number of us frustrated that the big man wasn't replaced earlier after putting in a tremendous shift.. Yes. 

Depends what you think is acceptable???

Should we all sit in stadiums in total silence???

Most of the comments were of the FFS variety which i don't think is that bad.

I would question Goodwin's opinion then if Djorkaeff, Mullen, Cooke etc aren't good enough why are they even on the bench as proved with Magennis at Ibrox an early injury and these players are playing almost a full 90 minutes.

The most recent game where I think Mullen or Cooke played as described was Hamilton away where Cooke was very good late in the game to relieve pressure just my opinion of course though yours might be different.

Ronnie, first of all there’s no time or place it’s acceptable IMO.

Secondly, I’ve seen neither Cooke or Mullen holding the ball up as you describe in any appearance and evidently Goody hasn’t seen it in training either.

The Top League is corrupt shite. 

For only two Clubs. 

UVF FC v IRA FC for the Title and Champions League Places. 

The rest get titbits and are really irrelevant. 

Fecking racket 

And gullible fans paying outrageous admission fees. 

Should be shut down. 

The instances I was talking about late in the game were when we had made all 3 subs already and Obika lost possession about 3/4 times in 5 minutes the reaction of certainly the vast majority near me was FFS why can't he even control a simple ball???

Not so much why are you still on the pitch.

Again on Supporters bus on way home not 1 person mentioned Obika's tremendous shift it was all he should be dropped completely out the team because he is rubbish and that is being kind.

Ronnie. I don't agree with you saying that the vast majority were directing anger towards Obika. A few, yes. We're a number of us frustrated that the big man wasn't replaced earlier after putting in a tremendous shift.. Yes. 

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

No issue with people venting their ire toward Obika on here but the @rseholes who abuse him on a Saturday deserve the perceived suffering he inflicts on them each week.

Agree 100%, never have seen the need to shout abuse at our players during the game.

Does no good and usually from utter arseholes right enough. 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

The Top League is corrupt shite. 

For only two Clubs. 

UVF FC v IRA FC for the Title and Champions League Places. 

The rest get titbits and are really irrelevant. 

Fecking racket 

And gullible fans paying outrageous admission fees. 

Should be shut down. 

FFS, no cnut, well one maybe, gives a feck.

Give it a fecking rest, repetitive bollox. 

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agree 100%, never have seen the need to shout abuse at our players during the game.

Does no good and usually from utter arseholes right enough. 

We are in full agreement other than the people being aresholes. What pleasure they get out of it or what they think it might achieve, I don't know. 

Edited by St.Ricky

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I would question Goodwin's opinion then if Djorkaeff, Mullen, Cooke etc aren't good enough why are they even on the bench as proved with Magennis at Ibrox an early injury and these players are playing almost a full 90 minutes.

With Chabbi signed and no doubt another CH, they won't be on the bench for much longer. Paucity of numbers is why they are there at present. 

With Chabbi and Jakubiak on board, it may well be Morias and Obika that replace Cooke and Mullen on the bench. Although you've already categorised Jakubiak as "shite" on another thread, even before he kicked a ball for us.

As DL Bud mentions, holding the ball up is most definitely not one of Mullen's strong points. He's a poor man's Stewart Kean, at best.

Edited by FTOF

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, strolls through the game, and has done every game I've seen him.

Class act. :thumbs2

Having said that, and I agree, he has once in each of the last two games passed directly to an opponent whilst not under direct pressure. Something he can improve on. 

Imo I would hope Obika and Morias drop out the squad altogether as if they do take over the places on the bench when we are inevitably looking for a goal in a match looking at these 2 warming up won't exactly fill the fans with confidence.

You are correct I did label our signing from Watford as sh**e I really don't know how else to describe someone who plays as a striker but doesn't really score goals.

From what I saw of him yesterday he looked quite poor then again Henrik Llarsson was poor on his debut at Easter Road so maybe he will turn out as good.

With Chabbi signed and no doubt another CH, they won't be on the bench for much longer. Paucity of numbers is why they are there at present. 
With Chabbi and Jakubiak on board, it may well be Morias and Obika that replace Cooke and Mullen on the bench. Although you've already categorised Jakubiak as "shite" on another thread, even before he kicked a ball for us.
As DL Bud mentions, holding the ball up is most definitely not one of Mullen's strong points. He's a poor man's Stewart Kean, at best.

Thanks for pointing out he was our top scorer I had forgot those amazing 5 goals in 24 appearances.

Maybe he will takeover from his old teammate Harry when he leaves Spurs at end of the season.

Your opinion Ronnie. That's what the forum is all about. I'll beg to differ and keep off the back of our top scorer. 

16 hours ago, truesaint said:

Shouldn't need someone holding his hand and clutching at straws if you think it is going to make him look any better. No pace, Poor control, Can't jump, Muscled out too often, Can't turn. When we brought on other players up front late on in games it made no difference so why would it magically happen now. Would have played Mullen any day of the week over him and the fact that he is/was our first choice striker says it all. Was maybe worth a punt but would prefer he was punted. 

Can't recall the amount of FFS I have made at his expense. 

I hear your frustration and admit that he is no superstar, but as it stands he is our top scorer. Mullen who you prefer is clearly behind him in the pecking order as JG was willing to let him go - he can be frustrating also.

I think Obika is a mixed bag. He has had some really decent games and caused chaos in defence due to his physicality but the last couple of games he has not been too good.

Given that JG has signed 2 more Strikers, the competition for a jersey has increased and the options are better. Maybe he will link up better with one of the new boys (including McGrath in that too) but if not Chabbi will be in ahead of him if JG thinks that is a better option.

So it is time for whichever striker is playing to show JG that they are worthy of being selected !  Just hope that starts against Hamilton !  :magic