Hibernian v St Mirren Sat 1 February

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Looking at the highlights, Obika did his bit for both goals.

Held off Darren McGregor (no mean feat) to win the corner for the 1st. Goal number 2: dragged the defender to the front post leaving space for Andreu to score.

Well spotted JB

Held off Darren McGregor (no mean feat) to win the corner for the 1st. Goal number 2: dragged the defender to the front post leaving space for Andreu to score.

Highlights of 3 or 4 mins yeah your right. Maybe Barcelona were watching. He didn't hold off McGregor unless hes changed his number to 22.

See 49:30 - Sportscene, 2019/20: 02/02/2020: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000f47j via @bbciplayer I think you're due a new pair of specs.

Yeah was great play by him to win the corner for our opening goal. Fantastic hold up and strength against a very experienced defender. Danny Mullen certainly couldn’t have done that [emoji28]

I can certainly see what the BBC reporter was talking about when praising his performance, he was key in both our goals. Expect him to start again on Wed.

11 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

My Hibbee supporting mate thought Obika caused their centre-half's problems all game with his strength and physicality.  

Yeah was great play by him to win the corner for our opening goal. Fantastic hold up and strength against a very experienced defender. Danny Mullen certainly couldn’t have done that [emoji28]

I can certainly see what the BBC reporter was talking about when praising his performance, he was key in both our goals. Expect him to start again on Wed.

My Hibbee supporting mate thought Obika caused their centre-half's problems all game with his strength and physicality.  
So Obika's great contribution in 90 minutes was not actually touching the ball which according to some helped us to score the 2 goals.

The first goal Mcgregor made no attempt to chase/play the ball until it was at the corner flag the second goal Obika did what he was supposed to do get in 6 yard box to score himself, Andreu done exactly what Doidge did at other end and hang back for cut back I didn't see anyone on TV, on P&B, on match reports praising the other Hibs players in 6 yard box for Doidge goal but some are crediting Obika for Andreu goal.

Jesus christ anyone can clearly see the guy is an absolute donkey who will be shipped out a year early at end of the season that is why we signed 2 new strikers.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

So Obika's great contribution in 90 minutes was not actually touching the ball which according to some helped us to score the 2 goals.

The first goal Mcgregor made no attempt to chase/play the ball until it was at the corner flag the second goal Obika did what he was supposed to do get in 6 yard box to score himself, Andreu done exactly what Doidge did at other end and hang back for cut back I didn't see anyone on TV, on P&B, on match reports praising the other Hibs players in 6 yard box for Doidge goal but some are crediting Obika for Andreu goal.

Jesus christ anyone can clearly see the guy is an absolute donkey who will be shipped out a year early at end of the season that is why we signed 2 new strikers.

Some agree with you Ronnie and some don't. That's life. 

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Yeah was great play by him to win the corner for our opening goal. Fantastic hold up and strength against a very experienced defender. Danny Mullen certainly couldn’t have done that emoji28.png

If by key you mean he was on the same park at the time they were scored then yes, he was crucial. Meanwhile on planet earth the more sane amongst us can recognise he had absolutely nothing to do with at least one of them (whether he had a good game or not).

You've mentioned previously our manager recognises how good JO is... he clearly isn't too confident in him or any of the other options given he just signed a further 2 strikers - bringing our total now to 6 (SIX)!

He may have done well in your opinion but please get over your weird agendas for or against certain players or at least don't ruin the reputation of the forum with nonsense such as this.

Edited by W6Saint

Who was the saint player that lost the ball when it was headed out of the box prior to their 2nd goal ?

I also feel Waters was left exposed by Durmus failure to track back in the build up to their 1st goal.

All in all, I was happy with a point. 

27 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I don't like to agree with you because Obika is a grafter and I like grafters, he isn't the speediest nor the most mobile but he does work and yes you are probably right both he (and probably Morias as well) will be gone should these new strikers prove more effective.

11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I don't like to agree with you because Obika is a grafter and I like grafters, he isn't the speediest nor the most mobile but he does work and yes you are probably right both he (and probably Morias as well) will be gone should these new strikers prove more effective.

No they won't, both the new strikers have contracts at other clubs and are on wages we could never match.  Obika has another year on his contract and will see it out unless a offer is received for him in the summer.  

1 minute ago, Iamhammer said:

No they won't, both the new strikers have contracts at other clubs and are on wages we could never match.  Obika has another year on his contract and will see it out unless a offer is received for him in the summer.  

You do have a point Shull; fair play. and I still have (faint) hopes for Cooke.

18 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

My take on the goals :-

Obika wins a corner, MacPherson crosses onto McCarthy’s head and its 1 nil     The later two really did the damage but JO did something that mattered.

McCarthy long pass out to Durmus who skins Gray and lays it on a plate for Andreu, who slots it into the bottom corner - All 3 contributed significantly - fab goal!

Their goals :-

Waters not covering his winger Boyle: why give him 15m of space and time to play the 1 - 2  ?????,  Foley failing to cover Allan twice and Allan slots it in far too easily - Cannot blame  others, these two were culpable (Blaming Durmus here, then you must blame Hladky for not saving it too)

Morias loses possession, we were caught 2 on 1 at RB, cross in and Doige is in acres of space – where are the CB’s ?

Overall though we were good and had other chances . . .     C O Y S   go marching in please !