Hibernian v St Mirren Sat 1 February

St.Ricky

30 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

My take on the goals :-

Obika wins a corner, MacPherson crosses onto McCarthy’s head and its 1 nil     The later two really did the damage but JO did something that mattered.

McCarthy long pass out to Durmus who skins Gray and lays it on a plate for Andreu, who slots it into the bottom corner - All 3 contributed significantly - fab goal!

Their goals :-

Waters not covering his winger Boyle: why give him 15m of space and time to play the 1 - 2  ?????,  Foley failing to cover Allan twice and Allan slots it in far too easily - Cannot blame  others, these two were culpable (Blaming Durmus here, then you must blame Hladky for not saving it too)

Morias loses possession, we were caught 2 on 1 at RB, cross in and Doige is in acres of space – where are the CB’s ?

Overall though we were good and had other chances . . .     C O Y S   go marching in please !

I did ask the guy next to me.. Had anyone picked up Allan at the time.. His answer confirmed what I thought.. No. 

Dearie me, people scraping about trying to justify Obika's performance on Saturday.

He runs into players, he was running about when we scored a goal, he blah blah blah.

Jeezo, he had a bad game, he never scored a goal, big deal, it's not that unusual.

I hope he scores against Hamilton, fingers crossed.............................my fingers are aching with all this faint hope that's going on jjst now. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Dearie me, people scraping about trying to justify Obika's performance on Saturday.

He runs into players, he was running about when we scored a goal, he blah blah blah.

Jeezo, he had a bad game, he never scored a goal, big deal, it's not that unusual.

I hope he scores against Hamilton, fingers crossed.............................my fingers are aching with all this faint hope that's going on jjst now. 

Well... There does seem to be a disparity of opinion between those were there and those who were not. The big lad put a good shift in. 

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well... There does seem to be a disparity of opinion between those were there and those who were not. The big lad put a good shift in. 

Another bare faced fib.

Where is any evidence of this?

I await your usual deflection and laugh as you slither away to pollute another thread with your pointless posts. :lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another bare faced fib.

Where is any evidence of this?

I await your usual deflection and laugh as you slither away to pollute another thread with your pointless posts. :lol:

Oh dear F Man, you just don't like to be contradicted do you? Read the comments. In addition, I was there and shared chat with others there. As usual you focus on keeping drivel going rather than sensible debate. The main talking points from Saturday were our brilliant opening spell and taking a point away from home from a top six club. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Oh dear F Man, you just don't like to be contradicted do you? Read the comments. In addition, I was there and shared chat with others there. As usual you focus on keeping drivel going rather than sensible debate. The main talking points from Saturday were our brilliant opening spell and taking a point away from home from a top six club. 

There you go, no proof, made up "chats", deflection and away you go, what an embarrassment of a fool you are. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

There you go, no proof, made up "chats", deflection and away you go, what an embarrassment of a fool you are. :lol:

You are very slow. 

Should I leave spaces to let you think... You do know what thinking is? 

Again.. At the game, folks were very supportive of the team throughout, including Obika. Points made in the thread from those who were there to support this assertion. 

Again.. Folks like yourself who watched on TV (I assume you did but know the service wasn't working well) have tended to be more critical

One of the differences comes from the way TV follow the ball and consequently miss work carried out by players off the ball. 

What there is no argument over is that the big man's touch could be better but what a work rate and great physicality. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

You are very slow. 

Should I leave spaces to let you think... You do know what thinking is? 

Again.. At the game, folks were very supportive of the team throughout, including Obika. Points made in the thread from those who were there to support this assertion. 

Again.. Folks like yourself who watched on TV (I assume you did but know the service wasn't working well) have tended to be more critical

One of the differences comes from the way TV follow the ball and consequently miss work carried out by players off the ball. 

What there is no argument over is that the big man's touch could be better but what a work rate and great physicality. 

More deflection, there's plenty on here who WERE at the game have made it clear he had a poor game.

There's one, Top Cat, who wasn't and he's trying to defend him.

You, as usual, have produced no proof of this "disparity if opinion" based on attending or those who didn't.

Nice attempt to slither out of it, you've made a cnut of yourself.................................again. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

More deflection, there's plenty on here who WERE at the game have made it clear he had a poor game.

There's one, Top Cat, who wasn't and he's trying to defend him.

You, as usual, have produced no proof of this "disparity if opinion" based on attending or those who didn't.

Nice attempt to slither out of it, you've made a cnut of yourself.................................again. :lol:

Slow. Slow, slow, slow 

It's becoming abundantly clear that you have difficulties with reading and comprehension. You do also have anger management issues too.. That won't help. 

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Well... There does seem to be a disparity of opinion between those were there and those who were not. The big lad put a good shift in

I do not think anyone on my supporters' bus thought that. During the game the mutterings were 'FFS Obika' as he failed to control a ball or make a simple pass.

After the match the team was praised however my crew were all looking forward to Alex or Chabbi taking over.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I do not think anyone on my supporters' bus thought that. During the game the mutterings were 'FFS Obika' as he failed to control a ball or make a simple pass.

After the match the team was praised however my crew were all looking forward to Alex or Chabbi taking over.

All about opinions Sonny. I respect yours. Around where I was sitting, that wasn't the case anymore than the normal grumbling you here if one of our players has a less than Messi type touch or fails to make a killer pass.  I don't doubt that big Jo has his failings but giving less than 100% isn't one of them. He is too our top scorer. But.. This is a tough gig. If one of the new guys is seen as better than him then they will play and we can then compare. 

54 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

All about opinions Sonny. I respect yours. Around where I was sitting, that wasn't the case anymore than the normal grumbling you here if one of our players has a less than Messi type touch or fails to make a killer pass.  I don't doubt that big Jo has his failings but giving less than 100% isn't one of them. He is too our top scorer. But.. This is a tough gig. If one of the new guys is seen as better than him then they will play and we can then compare. 

It is all about opinions but it is inaccurate to suggest that most folks supported JO - certainly that was not the opinion of everyone I spoke to.

I do not want to slate players but JO had an extremely poor game on Saturday. I could give several examples but it is the basics that were frustrating.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It is all about opinions but it is inaccurate to suggest that most folks supported JO - certainly that was not the opinion of everyone I spoke to.

I do not want to slate players but JO had an extremely poor game on Saturday. I could give several examples but it is the basics that were frustrating.

We differ. Do we agree that his first touch let's him down? Yes we do. Do we agree on his overall effectiveness on Saturday? Yes we do. 

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Firstly you COULDN'T have been at the game according to Ricky.

Secondly, he talked to some imaginary people who agreed with him.

I suggest you cut your losses while you have your sanity, you will get nowhere on this I'm afraid.

One thing that annoys me is when people claim they are speaking for the majority. Unless they have conducted a survey then they are not. They can only relate their personal experience and what they have personally witnessed or be able to provide proof from other sources. I made my point and move on :)

18 hours ago, Sonny said:

One thing that annoys me is when people claim they are speaking for the majority. Unless they have conducted a survey then they are not. They can only relate their personal experience and what they have personally witnessed or be able to provide proof from other sources. I made my point and move on :)

I gave my opinion. I cited other pqoplw around me. You gave your opinion and cited others. We both approached this the same way. But.. We came to different conclusions, nothing new there. 

2 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Why do u keep posting u will be at games? Nobody gives a flying f**k if U go or not, do u think it makes u a better fan than everybody else? U sound like a fanny..

Well thank you young man. Indeed I will be at the game and hope that you will be able to be there as well. As for being a better fan.. How is that possible? I go along and pay my money like everyone else.. Don't you?