Paul McGinn

MenstrieSaint

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whilst we have been good defensively of late, we will miss P McGinn big time imo as he is one of the few to really push us up the pitch and create chances!
Wednesday & Yesterday were a prime examples of that. He even chips in with the odd goal.
Cant they take "Sick Note Kyle" instead?

He played at Ibrox and we weren't that effective at pushing up the pitch, through no fault of just him.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Find Goody's comment that they dont want to keep him if he is unhappy a wee bit strange?
It looks like Goody is shopping out a fair few of the old guard as he doesn't rate them?
Baird
P McGinn
Cooke
Mullen
S McGinn?

Providing we are still in the Premiership next season,  I wouldn't be too disappointed if all the players you mentioned were to leave. Possibly the only one I'd keep would be P McGinn,  and he looks likely to be off this week. 

They have all been good servants to the club, but there always comes that time when it's time to move on. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Find Goody's comment that they dont want to keep him if he is unhappy a wee bit strange?
It looks like Goody is shopping out a fair few of the old guard as he doesn't rate them?
Baird
P McGinn
Cooke
Mullen
S McGinn?

Goody's comment about not wanting to keep unhappy players could explain why we are even considering letting a first team regular go. 

13 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I think he is referring to the fact that if Paul wants to go we won't stand in his way making him unhappy. 

Totally agree. If Paul McGinn says he wants to leave us right now rather than see out his contract till summer then Goody will let him go rather than run the risk of having an unhappy player in the squad. Who would be a football manager 🙄

Totally agree. If Paul McGinn says he wants to leave us right now rather than see out his contract till summer then Goody will let him go rather than run the risk of having an unhappy player in the squad. Who would be a football manager [emoji849]
Or?
If you think he is pivotal to staying up and helping to make the season success you tell him he's here to the summer, and tell Jack Ross he can f**k right off if he thinks he is going to weaken us.
Just my opinion! If we need him I dont give a shit if he's got a pet lip, get out and do the feckin job you're paid for.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or?
If you think he is pivotal to staying up and helping to make the season success you tell him he's here to the summer, and tell Jack Ross he can f**k right off if he thinks he is going to weaken us.
Just my opinion! If we need him I dont give a shit if he's got a pet lip, get out and do the feckin job you're paid for.

Understandable emotion. Up to Goody. 

Last season's average salaries in the Premiership. St Mirren £46,169. Hibs £103,376. Paul would be daft not to more than double his wages. I do not think there is a hope in hell he will stay.

Paul has been an exceptional player for us. Always fit. Plays anywhere and rarely has a bad game. Often the captain. He will be a sore loss and I wish him all the best. Just gutted we will be without him.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whilst we have been good defensively of late, we will miss P McGinn big time imo as he is one of the few to really push us up the pitch and create chances!
Wednesday & Yesterday were a prime examples of that. He even chips in with the odd goal.
Cant they take "Sick Note Kyle" instead?

You make a couple of good points here. See what you can do when you stick to talking about football as opposed to playing at boardroom politics..

I did notice on Saturday that Flynn who was excellent defensively, barely crossed the half way line. Ironically Waters, who is shite, was getting forward regularly and doing nothing when he did so. Not sure if that had more to do with how Aberdeen set up, but it was very noticeable.

Not sure if you were being tongue in cheek when you said you'd rather they took Kyle, but whilst I'm not overly fussed about McGinn, I genuinely think Magennis is going to become a proper sicknote, so it might not be as daft as it sounds.

I think Flynn barely crossed the half way line was because his 'winger' was never in position. Morias seemed to forget he was playing out wide and kept wandering into the middle leaving Flynn coving the whole flank on his own. Or the few times he was in position he did a McAlister by running back to collect the ball so he could dribble half the length of the park instead of moving into the space, pushing back their defence and allowing Flynn to support him.

3 hours ago, magnus said:

Totally agree. If Paul McGinn says he wants to leave us right now rather than see out his contract till summer then Goody will let him go rather than run the risk of having an unhappy player in the squad. Who would be a football manager 🙄

If someone is offering him more money than us and contract ends summer, not brainer.

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If we are happy rejecting I would guess substantially more cash to let Hladky go in this window than McGinn.. then why is it even a question?
I thought we needed our better players?
Or are they all free to go to whatever team has z few injuries?

***Breaking news*** Different players have different values football clubs will allow them to leave for. I for one am shocked.... lol 

Paul can play several positions well and is always a solid performer. This is a terrible move as we cannot keep playing Flynn at right back as we need his energy up the park. Have you noticed how little we create at present? Out with Killie it’s pretty poor. The club should be tying down Paul McGinn as he is exceptional value for money and we need guys to play all over the park with the resources we have.  A dreadful move in my opinion and one that shouldn’t have happened he should have been rewarded with an extension last year. Jim’s signings bar Foley haven’t been great albeit McCarthy looks the part.  Also Please tell me we aren’t trying to sign the prolific Tony Watt? 

The link Munoz just posted basically says Jack Ross contacted us but expected to be told to F Off when that didn't happen it's moved on to him probably signing for Hibs.

Imo that would suggest Goodwin was happy to let him go not as Goodwin is hinting keeping an unhappy player, looks to me like this particular player was made unhappy by the club agreeing to transfer him in middle of the season where he has played nearly every match when fit.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The link Munoz just posted basically says Jack Ross contacted us but expected to be told to F Off when that didn't happen it's moved on to him probably signing for Hibs.

Imo that would suggest Goodwin was happy to let him go not as Goodwin is hinting keeping an unhappy player, looks to me like this particular player was made unhappy by the club agreeing to transfer him in middle of the season where he has played nearly every match when fit.

Could Goody, Tony or Gus have pulled Paul aside and said, look Hibs have shown an interest in signing you. We don't want to deny you an opportunity you may want to take up. Paul has possibly said he'd be interested. Would assume if there was any truth to my theory, then there was no intention of a contract renewal? 

Could Goody, Tony or Gus have pulled Paul aside and said, look Hibs have shown an interest in signing you. We don't want to deny you an opportunity you may want to take up. Paul has possibly said he'd be interested. Would assume if there was any truth to my theory, then there was no intention of a contract renewal? 
So why not the same story as Hladky who is worth more?
Could be the club need the funds pronto to pay something off?

That's exactly what happened.