Paul McGinn

MenstrieSaint

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The average wages for a St Mirren player is £45k. Why would Hibs pay in excess of £100,000 for a player they can get for free in a few months? I know they are desperate for a RB but not that desperate. The only figures I have seen were to pay out the rest of his contract - £25k-£30k. Never seen any figure remotely suggesting a six figure fee.

You've answered your own question, because they need him now, not at the end of the season. Personally I do think they're that desperate,  McGinn will also ikely do a job for them next season as well. 

Very disappointing figures, worth far more to us playing that for that pittance. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You've answered your own question, because they need him now, not at the end of the season. Personally I do think they're that desperate,  McGinn will also ikely do a job for them next season as well. 

Very disappointing figures, worth far more to us playing that for that pittance. 

It is a pittance. Hibs' fans seem to think it is a temp appointment until other players get fit and they hope to sign Naismith next season. But who knows. But I would doubt very much Hibs are paying in excess of £100,000 for him. Personally I would prefer Paul over Hodson (not that Hodson is a bad player).

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It is a pittance. Hibs' fans seem to think it is a temp appointment until other players get fit and they hope to sign Naismith next season. But who knows. But I would doubt very much Hibs are paying in excess of £100,000 for him. Personally I would prefer Paul over Hodson (not that Hodson is a bad player).

Exact same as me then, I would prefer McGinn over the reported money. 

52 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The average wages for a St Mirren player is £45k. Why would Hibs pay in excess of £100,000 for a player they can get for free in a few months? I know they are desperate for a RB but not that desperate. The only figures I have seen were to pay out the rest of his contract - £25k-£30k. Never seen any figure remotely suggesting a six figure fee.

I don't know for sure but there are various rumours floating about in footballing circles and in the media.

But as others have said, Hibs are desperate for a guy who can slot into their defence centrally and at full back. Paul is absolutely up to speed in the Premiership and JR knows his capabilities.

Then there is the price of getting no-one or someone who is not up to the task on the last day of the window. For them it could be the difference of finishing top 6 with bigger prize money or falling into the danger zone perhaps to 9th or 10th if they have gapping holes left unfilled.

Finally, it looks like they will have plenty dosh inbound if Kamberi goes out.

Aberdeen paid a reputed £70,000 for Kennedy - I am not comparing him with Paul, but Hibs needs for a player of Paul's abilities and versatility has to be worth more than what Kennedy offers for the Dons - in my opinion.    :magic

I haven't bothered my arse to read through all the comments, so I apologise if already mentioned. But, at the end of the day the player wanted to leave, so that is that.  He preferred to be somewhere else. Somewhere that he obviously sees as an upward career move (which it is). Feck him! He is their player now and I hope Durmus rips him an new arse hole when we play them. 

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

As opposed to Judas Wank Broadfoot, Paul goes with my gratitude and best wishes.

Was just about to post this - almost to the word!

These two have elicited the polar extremes of farewell from us

Paul - I thought you were more than capable for us and I think Hibs have got a player - defo our loss

Theotherone - you can bite it.