Paul McGinn

MenstrieSaint

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I could live with that... just. Hearing five figures, massively disappointing if true. 

Realistically speaking Baz, something close to the fee Aberdeen paid to take Kennedy from St Johnstone is more likely. 

Used well it might enable us to spend more in bringing in a high quality loan player up front. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Realistically speaking Baz, something close to the fee Aberdeen paid to take Kennedy from St Johnstone is more likely. 

Used well it might enable us to spend more in bringing in a high quality loan player up front. 

I didn’t think we would get that much man, it’s the amount I would have accepted or told them to move on and take him in the summer. I think McGinn is worth more to us than the reported five figure sum. 

32 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I could live with that... just. Hearing five figures, massively disappointing if true. 

I don’t think it’s that bad tbh.

If we get a fee higher than what would have been the remaining cost of Paul’s contract, then we are profiting. Hodson is a capable replacement too.

21 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I don’t think it’s that bad tbh.

If we get a fee higher than what would have been the remaining cost of Paul’s contract, then we are profiting. Hodson is a capable replacement too.

Profiting is one thing. I’m happy with Hodson but rage McGinn much higher. My concern remains that he’s worth more staying for that transfer. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Profiting is one thing. I’m happy with Hodson but rage McGinn much higher. My concern remains that he’s worth more staying for that transfer. 

I'm not sure that anyone disagrees with you. Perhaps I am just being pragmatic. Perhaps I am putting too much trust in the judgement of the management team. Time will tell. 

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not sure that anyone disagrees with you. Perhaps I am just being pragmatic. Perhaps I am putting too much trust in the judgement of the management team. Time will tell. 

Ultimately I trust them as well and still have faith everything will work out. Suppose just human nature, people won't agree all the time. Even with gods like Goody! 

17 hours ago, bazil85 said:

As Flynn has now displaced McGinn from the right back slot then a transfer fee with Hodson in as a replacement is a great bit of business

Stop being negative and support the team 

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

As Flynn has now displaced McGinn from the right back slot then a transfer fee with Hodson in as a replacement is a great bit of business

Stop being negative and support the team 

I don't think the recent game shows Flynn has displaced him. With a fully fit squad, McGinn (IMO) would easily be the top choice at right back by far. Disappointed if fee turns out to be true but we move on. 

It isn't negative to have a different opinion... The negativity on here comes from those that are almost exclusively against anything the club does. Good effort though. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don't think the recent game shows Flynn has displaced him. With a fully fit squad, McGinn (IMO) would easily be the top choice at right back by far. Disappointed if fee turns out to be true but we move on. 

It isn't negative to have a different opinion... The negativity on here comes from those that are almost exclusively against anything the club does. Good effort though. 

Yip Paul was 2nd choice RB (according to JG and apparently he always tells the truth 😁) but a versatile and energetic player for us - we have traded him for a 6 figure sum and have brought in Hodson to cover for Magennis. Hodson can also cover at FB . . .

Personally wish Hodson was playing LB and we had a much more attacking LM brought it . . . but 1 good player out, 1 good player in (on top of the 3 good players already brought in early in the window)

Another 6 figure sum from Killie for Kirk or Gary MacK , A fee from Dee for Mullen, and we will be signing better players for next season . . .

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip Paul was 2nd choice RB (according to JG and apparently he always tells the truth 😁) but a versatile and energetic player for us - we have traded him for a 6 figure sum and have brought in Hodson to cover for Magennis. Hodson can also cover at FB . . .

Personally wish Hodson was playing LB and we had a much more attacking LM brought it . . . but 1 good player out, 1 good player in (on top of the 3 good players already brought in early in the window)

Another 6 figure sum from Killie for Kirk or Gary MacK , A fee from Dee for Mullen, and we will be signing better players for next season . . .

Is it a six figure sum after all then? I had read five. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Is it a six figure sum after all then? I had read five. 

The average wages for a St Mirren player is £45k. Why would Hibs pay in excess of £100,000 for a player they can get for free in a few months? I know they are desperate for a RB but not that desperate. The only figures I have seen were to pay out the rest of his contract - £25k-£30k. Never seen any figure remotely suggesting a six figure fee.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The average wages for a St Mirren player is £45k. Why would Hibs pay in excess of £100,000 for a player they can get for free in a few months? I know they are desperate for a RB but not that desperate. The only figures I have seen were to pay out the rest of his contract - £25k-£30k. Never seen any figure remotely suggesting a six figure fee.

Calm down Sonny, he's asking IF it was six figures. :lol: