Tony Watt

Guest TPAFKATS
How long can Tony Watt have lunch on one freaking goal.
I mean I chipped in for a bunker once but I didn't get in the Ryder Cup Team ?
Doesn't compare with me getting a hole in one at the first at Brodie Park on the opening day of the pitch and putt season.

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Doesn't compare with me getting a hole in one at the first at Brodie Park on the opening day of the pitch and putt season.

Never had a hole in one other than the putting green. Jealous 

23 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The 12th at Brodie park was where I managed the same score.

Not exactly textbook right enough, the ball never got off the ground. 😂

Well this is now a far better thread...………….. 2 HIOs . Neither were well struck...………. Both at Old Course Ranfurly. My Dad does have a claim to fame , had a HIO at the 18th at St Andrews OC back in the 60s, and also did on a Sunday afternoon in front of about 50 witnesses. ………… Jammy old git - RIP 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well this is now a far better thread...………….. 2 HIOs . Neither were well struck...………. Both at Old Course Ranfurly. My Dad does have a claim to fame , had a HIO at the 18th at St Andrews OC back in the 60s, and also did on a Sunday afternoon in front of about 50 witnesses. ………… Jammy old git - RIP 

The 5th at Barshaw, a majestic 7 iron. 

You can shove Ranfurly and St Andrews, Barshaw, a real test of golf. 😉

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Got to agree Barshaw is a tough test for the average golfer,  Teed up really early one summer morning and shot my record score a 63 hit 7 balls out of bounds into the pond at the first,  a 12 at the 2nd, a credible 13 at the 3rd after chipping in from off the green,  sort of struggled thereafter and called it a day at the 15th with the light fading 484 over par 

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

No mean feat that. The 1st at Brodie Park was notoriously difficult to even get your ball to stop on the green, never mind get a hole in one.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I've been playing golf for 47 years now to a slightly above average standard (currently playing off 12) and I have NEVER had a hole in one. I have been all sorts of close including once finding my pitch mark embedded in the cup of the hole, but never ever had an ace. I too cut my teeth on acclaimed Barshaw links (must've played there hundreds of times) and like you, the 5th was the only par 3 that I regularly came close. The second was ridiculously difficult and I don't recall ever coming close on any of the other par 3s. Very fond memories of playing there though........except for the times when you found a human shite in one of the cups.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

The second is a blind par 3. Waiting on the third tee you would see the balls from the game behind coming over to the green. As kids we used to put one of the balls right on the lip of the hole and get a good laugh at the reaction of the guys when they came over the hill. 

Just now, uhura said:

The second is a blind par 3. Waiting on the third tee you would see the balls from the game behind coming over to the green. As kids we used to put one of the balls right on the lip of the hole and get a good laugh at the reaction of the guys when they came over the hill. 

Aye, there was always at least a 3 group queue on the 2nd tee as well. It was a pain in the arse. You'd just got yourself going on the first, then had to sit on the bin on the tee like Oor Wullie for half an hour.

For me, the 14th hole at Barshaw was (and I assume still is) a fantastic golf hole by any standards.

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No mean feat that. The 1st at Brodie Park was notoriously difficult to even get your ball to stop on the green, never mind get a hole in one.

I've been playing golf for 47 years now to a slightly above average standard (currently playing off 12) and I have NEVER had a hole in one. .

Well considering as some golf courses are bigger than Jersey I am not surprised :P