Kibble/SMiSA Partnership

No, just no.
Why a sudden rush to do this ?  
Stick to original plan, over 70% SMISA and over 20% individual ownership. No need for 3rd party who would undoubtedly bring their own agenda for their own benefit.
All shareholders thoughts and agendas' should only concern and be of benefit to St Mirren and St Mirren alone.
Letting in a 3rd party because Scott can get paid off early and we get to say Club is fan owned quicker, is flawed reasoning
If goes through, Scott should immediately be replaced as Chairman by Board member of SMISA, there being no further need for him.
Again.....No

Our 3 votes - will be NO

Original plan please

No, just no.
Why a sudden rush to do this ?  
Stick to original plan, over 70% SMISA and over 20% individual ownership. No need for 3rd party who would undoubtedly bring their own agenda for their own benefit.
All shareholders thoughts and agendas' should only concern and be of benefit to St Mirren and St Mirren alone.
Letting in a 3rd party because Scott can get paid off early and we get to say Club is fan owned quicker, is flawed reasoning
If goes through, Scott should immediately be replaced as Chairman by Board member of SMISA, there being no further need for him.
Again.....No

Spot on!

Isnt it Interesting the club dont want to flag up that all the good work Kibble propose to do when they're in control, is all the work thr St mirren Community Trust was supposed to deliver!
All the work in the community by the community, for the community is being effectively sold off to the highest bidder Kibble.
Many, many football clubs fo all this through their community trust or foundation.
All the government, third sector Grant's, expertise, and recognition go to the club, not another organisation!
Why arent the community trust all over this? Why has a deal been cooked up with a third party?

45 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I’m not a member of SMISA ,i have been a season ticket holder for years and can only see this as a very good opportunity for the club and would be voting yes if I was a member.

Can you tell why it's a good idea for the Kibble organisation with 27% shareholding to have a veto on any major decisions in a fan owned club 

Can you tell why it's a good idea for the Kibble organisation with 27% shareholding to have a veto on any major decisions in a fan owned club 
Exactly, people need to get past the "Vote Leave" style hype, focus and ask real questions.
This makes a mockery of a the promises made during Buy The Buds...
Ffs smisa want to sell out to the first outfit that turns up!
What happened to fans being guardians of the club!

16 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Don’t know ,that’s what I was asking portmahomack, maybe better asking him.

With over 75% between smisa and existing fans who own shares nobody but fans can make full decisions and have them passed, 27.5% of shares owned by others means they can block decisions from being passed.

Kibble could replace all existing staff with their own supervisors and trainees and effectively decide how much we pay for maintenance of everything from picking up litter to building new facilities.

Complete fan ownership as promised would never be achieved if this is voted through, GLS always had the ability to sell a percentage of his shares and has obviously decided he will do.

As someone has already said - fan ownership my arse.

6 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

With over 75% between smisa and existing fans who own shares nobody but fans can make full decisions and have them passed, 27.5% of shares owned by others means they can block decisions from being passed.

Kibble could replace all existing staff with their own supervisors and trainees and effectively decide how much we pay for maintenance of everything from picking up litter to building new facilities.

Complete fan ownership as promised would never be achieved if this is voted through, GLS always had the ability to sell a percentage of his shares and has obviously decided he will do.

As someone has already said - fan ownership my arse.

I’m not even a member bud so I have no say anyway , I personally think it is a good deal , others don’t and then there will be the undecided.

47 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

How are they going to do that? Being able to block something is not the same as being able to push your own ideas/agenda through. If SMiSA already have about 30% then they could block anything that they feel is detrimental to the club.

You'll be claiming next that Kibble will ban custard creams and bent bananas from the stadium.

Buy The Buds was about putting control of our club into the hands of the fans,  not about blocking any plans a third party might have,  You seem to have conveniently forgot that 

Taking the proposal at face value I see it as a positive. 

I would welcome potential improvement to the current infrastructure and guidance/assistance in certain areas which we are currently pretty shit at.

I understand fan concern but doubt that that Kibble as a charity will be looking to ruffle feathers.

To make this easier and more comfortable for some fans then why not include an option to buy Kibbles shares if things (unexpectedly) don't pan out. They can have a 5 year trial period so no different to what we have with GS and if it becomes unviable and detrimental to the club then so be it If it we purchase their shares. If things are going well then let's keep it going and Smisa have additional funds in the pot which would give the club better financial stability.

Could even include a review to purchase Kibble shares every 5 years for example but would imagine this wouldn't be required. 

If Kibble are in it for the right reasons, which I am pretty sure they are then I can't see why they would object to the above. Could be a win/win rather than draw/lost/lost/draw/lost/win/lost again.

The original and current BTB deal would have seen SMiSA eventually own 71% of the shares. A majority shareholding.

The proposed new deal will see SMiSA owning 51% of the shares. A majority shareholding.

51% fan ownership is the model that the whole of German football is based on.

Owning 71% or 51% makes little difference. SMiSA will have control over the football club. In the same way that Gordon currently has control.

The major decisions that are listed as all parties having to agree on are all the sort of things that you’d absolutely expect all SMiSA members to be consulted on such as changing the name of the club, putting in AstroTurf, issuing new shares and taking out massive loans.

Bringing fan ownership in 5 years early isn’t really the big selling point here IMO. Fan ownership will happen with or without Kibble and I don’t personally think it will actually take as long as 5 more years anyway.

The crux of this IMO is for the members to decide whether Kibble bring something worthwhile to the party or not.

My question about Kibble would be what about existing spend they make with the club. I believe they spend quite a lot hiring and using the facilities at the stadium at the moment.

It would be good to put a figure on that level of revenue and then to understand how or if that would be affected if they were part owners.