Kibble/SMiSA Partnership

Yeah I got told on wednesday by a guy I play football with that Kibble had bought 51% of st mirren.

He knew a guy that worked there and was just off the phone to him.

Just listening to Off the Ball - they’re reporting Kibble proposal as a done deal - the power of PR?

Beat me to it EK

Voting will open on Saturday 8th February and will close on Friday 21st February.

"This longer-than-usual voting period is intended to give time for members to digest the contents of the meeting and for any additional questions to be answered.
Voting will take place online using the Very Connect system so any members who have not yet registered should do so as soon as they can"

On 1/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, Lord Pityme said:
On 1/30/2020 at 11:26 AM, pod said:

Are there you have the two faced arrogance of a man who never wanted the fans near it just their money.

He never said any of that during BtB... remember all the "och am just a wee joiner" crap he came out with.

That piece there will put the last nail in the coffin of this clusterf**k proposal on it's own!

Scott's words:

"The worry with fan ownership is always that you get people running the club who don’t know what they’re doing, they don’t have the knowledge. There’s no point in throwing away the knowledge we have.

not just GS who was worried about that

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Funny that because I was in a room with him on countless occasions when he said the exact opposite!
Why didn't he use that phrase when convincing over 1200 saints fans to commit to 10 years worth of funding?

Couldn't possibly be because it didn't suit to get him his money back for the shares he'd bought could it. 

Do I get a prize? Please let the prize be bazil getting his Internet connection taken away 😂

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Funny that because I was in a room with him on countless occasions when he said the exact opposite!
Why didn't he use that phrase when convincing over 1200 saints fans to commit to 10 years worth of funding?

Don't know, you seem to have more access to him, why not ask?  I think quite a lot of issues that you question have degrees of validity within them, you just come across as someone with a stick up their arse  and seem to want to blame GS for it being there. 😎  And unfortunately that detracts from how seriously people take what you say.

Don't know, you seem to have more access to him, why not ask?  I think quite a lot of issues that you question have degrees of validity within them, you just come across as someone with a stick up their arse  and seem to want to blame GS for it being there. [emoji41]  And unfortunately that detracts from how seriously people take what you say.
Sorry cant give a f**k about that.

5 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Couldn't possibly be because it didn't suit to get him his money back for the shares he'd bought could it. 

Do I get a prize? Please let the prize be bazil getting his Internet connection taken away 😂

Still wouldn't change my opinion... I've told you the only thing that would. 

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
19 minutes ago, jaybee said:
Don't know, you seem to have more access to him, why not ask?  I think quite a lot of issues that you question have degrees of validity within them, you just come across as someone with a stick up their arse  and seem to want to blame GS for it being there. emoji41.png  And unfortunately that detracts from how seriously people take what you say.

Sorry cant give a f**k about that.

Did I say you should? NO!  I was simply explaining why you are considered an irrelevance by some people.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:51 AM, TPAFKATS said:

Charities are allowed to invest in companies. Usually it is done for financial profit. However in some cases it's about furthering their aims and achieving a financial return. I reckon that since St Mirren have never paid a dividend, and shares are unlikely to be sold on again at a profit, that this must be about free use of facilities. That is going to impact on St Mirren's potential revenue streams and it seems to be being done so Gordon Scott can get his investment back quicker, whilst continuing to be club Chairman. 
I'd rather see a situation where the shares were held by the fans, and where Kibble could continue to rent out whatever facilities they require without having to purchase a shareholding. The money that comes in from the rental for facilities should be kept out of the playing squad, and should instead be re-invested in expanding the facilities at the club which would allow Kibble to help grow the club without the big initial financial outlay whilst St Mirren would benefit from an expanding list of facilities that could be used by the club when not being rented out. 
I don't doubt the kibble investment is to allow them access to our facilities.
This in itself shouldn't automatically be a bad thing.
They and smisa /smfc need to give more detail regarding this.

😂😂

you haven’t got a scooby what it’s all about, do you?

comedy gold 😂😂

not just GS who was worried about that

I’m still worried about that.

I love this club and joined SMiSA in order to support the fans buy out.
But I know SFA about how to run a football club and assume the majority of SMiSA members are in the same position (although I could be very wrong here).

Cannot find anything or anyone with anything bad to say about Kibble, in fact it’s been positive.
I still don’t see what they gain by buying a stake in our club, but I don’t see any reason to suspect a sinister motive.

Guest TPAFKATS

I see the forum's resident troll is back with another alias. That must be over a dozen accounts Capt Andy, not very Sensible but definitely #thichasf**k has on here.
Trying to score points and as always adding nothing to any topic, succeeds in onlymaking a rip roaring twat of himself by running my post into the one that I was quoting.
He'll skull off again soon enough and we'll get a couple of weeks rest until a new account appears looking for likes.
If only he'd get away from his keyboard and try to engage in conversation with another human.

• 1 year later...