Kibble/SMiSA Partnership

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

That is breathtakingly missing the BIG about turn in the club being owned by fans.
Over a quarter of the club is being flogged to a group who freely admit they want to make money out of the club.
Why the f**k have Smusa members being paying for years to enable this group to waltz in and run the club?
There might be a fair few challenging the legality of how thus was sold to them, and are they entitled to have their subscription returned.
Again who asked Smisa to enable a quarter of the club to be sold?

Kibble are a charity, a not-for profit organisation.

Yes, they need money to exist, but they are not a commercial organisation. To suggest they are going to bleed St.Mirren dry is breathtaking levels of stupidity.

You continually saying that Kibble are going to be running the club doesn't make it remotely true. SMiSA will be the majority shareholder. SMiSA will have control of the club.

SMiSA haven't enabled a quarter of the club to be sold. SMiSA are asking their members to consider a proposal to allow Gordon Scott to sell 27% of his shares to Kibble rather than to SMiSA, WHO DO NOT NEED THOSE SHARES.

Why you feel the need to twist every single thing into such a negative story is absolutely beyond me.

Try reasoned constructive debate and maybe people might listen to you.

Your opinion, whether it's valid or not, just gets lost in the sea of complete negativity that you provide to this forum.

EVERYTHING is shite according to you. And I mean EVERYTHING.

49 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's certainly potential for conflict if interest in having directors who are employees of kibble. Not suggesting anything illegal, simply that their employers aims may be different from that of smfc with regards to any issue.

I'm sure the answer will be something around working in partnership encouraging kibble and SMFC to move in same direction.

What a ludicrous post

As far as Kibble will be concerned, the aim of SMFC should be whatever Kibble want it to be!

Doh!

:1eye

Kibble are a charity, a not-for profit organisation.
Yes, they need money to exist, but they are not a commercial organisation. To suggest they are going to bleed St.Mirren dry is breathtaking levels of stupidity.
You continually saying that Kibble are going to be running the club doesn't make it remotely true. SMiSA will be the majority shareholder. SMiSA will have control of the club.
SMiSA haven't enabled a quarter of the club to be sold. SMiSA are asking their members to consider a proposal to allow Gordon Scott to sell 27% of his shares to Kibble rather than to SMiSA, WHO DO NOT NEED THOSE SHARES.
Why you feel the need to twist every single thing into such a negative story is absolutely beyond me.

Try reasoned constructive debate and maybe people might listen to you.
Your opinion, whether it's valid or not, just gets lost in the sea of complete negativity that you provide to this forum.
EVERYTHING is shite according to you. And I mean EVERYTHING.
My that's a lot of made up nonsense, even for you.
The fact is Kibble are buying into the club to gain access to the facilities to enable them to further their business aims.
They are in it for Kibble, not for saints fans.
The whole reason for BtB was to ensure No One! Yes no one could simply buy into the club and exploit it for their own ends.
Now the very people who asked you to trust them that fans buying the club was the absolute best way to go now want to Sell It!
It is a complete about turn to what people were asked to buy into. And it will be kicked into touch as the trust has finally been lost.
Jeez these shysters think they can pull any kind of stunt they like, and that the masses will just accept it.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

My that's a lot of made up nonsense, even for you.
The fact is Kibble are buying into the club to gain access to the facilities to enable them to further their business aims.
They are in it for Kibble, not for saints fans.
The whole reason for BtB was to ensure No One! Yes no one could simply buy into the club and exploit it for their own ends.
Now the very people who asked you to trust them that fans buying the club was the absolute best way to go now want to Sell It!
It is a complete about turn to what people were asked to buy into. And it will be kicked into touch as the trust has finally been lost.
Jeez these shysters think they can pull any kind of stunt they like, and that the masses will just accept it.

The majority shareholding, 51%, of the football club will be owned by SMiSA. You might not like that bit, but it's important. It's called fan ownership.

SMiSA are proposing to save their members £300K, bring fan ownership in 5 years earlier than planned and the club gets to benefit from an organisation with over 500 employees, a turnover of £30m p/a and the infrastructure that goes with running an operation of that size.

To completely ignore those positive points, just to suit your own pathetic agenda against Gordon and SMiSA does your argument no favours at all.

The majority shareholding, 51%, of the football club will be owned by SMiSA. You might not like that bit, but it's important. It's called fan ownership.

SMiSA are proposing to save their members £300K, bring fan ownership in 5 years earlier than planned and the club gets to benefit from an organisation with over 500 employees, a turnover of £30m p/a and the infrastructure that goes with running an operation of that size.

To completely ignore those positive points, just to suit your own pathetic agenda against Gordon and SMiSA does your argument no favours at all.

They are selling more than a quarter of the club to someone else when they promised that would never happen under BtB.

They have lied so many times now they probably believe it themselves.

Again did smisa members ask their committee to find a way to offload more than a quarter of the club?

Who said Smisa need to facilitate selling the club to Kibble?

Now it seems the way to Fan Ownership is to let a much bigger organisation, with more clout, and a completely seperate agenda, goals and aim. Take a major shareholding in the club?

Funny how theres no other fan owned club selling to other businesses to achieve fan ownership. Lol

. SMiSA will have control of the club.

Previously, you said SMISA will have 2 representatives on the board under this new proposal.
How will SMISA have control of the club if they do not have a representative majority on the Club Board.

What am I missing here?

Previously, you said SMISA will have 2 representatives on the board under this new proposal.
How will SMISA have control of the club if they do not have a representative majority on the Club Board.

What am I missing here?

No idea why you got that info, but the fact is the club will be controlled by the board, and we know from Kibble's statement they intend to drive their agenda through, which cant possibly be the same agenda saints fans who bought into BtB share.
It's a recipe for disaster!

51% Majority Shareholding gets 2 representatives on the Club Board.

27% Minority shareholding gets 2 representatives on the Club board.

I see that as an issue

I've not bought into BTB for SMISA not to be running the show and they will not be running the show with only 2 representatives on the BOD.

I see that as an issue

I've not bought into BTB for SMISA not to be running the show and they will not be running the show with only 2 representatives on the BOD.

On top of that if current board members remain you have a chairman and three others who dont represent Smisa.

How the f**k is being outnumbered 6-2 but owning 51% in any way Fan Ownership... it's a scam, and they hope apathy will let it go through on the nod!

No way!

Edit: it's actually possible it could be worse! What makes you think a Smisa board member will vote as the membership want?

The decision taken by the board to kick families out of their seats to accommodate sectarianism/bigotry/racism etc was never even canvassed amongst smisa members, even though the chairman promised it would be!

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Mainly due to the stick they get from the usual suspects whenever a head is pushed above a parapet

There's an element of truth in this but even you can't deny the relentless negative posts, some getting absolutely laughable, that LPM posts can see his point, and he does have a point sometimes, lost in a deluge of negativity, verging on a vendetta? 

There's an element of truth in this but even you can't deny the relentless negative posts, some getting absolutely laughable, that LPM posts can see his point, and he does have a point sometimes, lost in a deluge of negativity, verging on a vendetta? 
Or... passionately believing some things are bad for the club?
If everyone stays schtoom, this lot get away with whatever they want.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or... passionately believing some things are bad for the club?
If everyone stays schtoom, this lot get away with whatever they want.

Some things....................almost everything TBH. 

You have to be blind to fail to see that you come across as some bitter individual with a grudge?

Like Bazil, only at the opposite end of the scale.

I happen to think you do have some decent points but, as I said, they get lost in the sea of one way negativity.

Anyhow, I'm out. :byebye

23 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I see that as an issue

They should also insist on Smisa providing the chairman ,as his vote will be final in a tied vote

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

On top of that if current board members remain you have a chairman and three others who dont represent Smisa.

How the f**k is being outnumbered 6-2 but owning 51% in any way Fan Ownership... it's a scam, and they hope apathy will let it go through on the nod!

No way!

Edit: it's actually possible it could be worse! What makes you think a Smisa board member will vote as the membership want?

The decision taken by the board to kick families out of their seats to accommodate sectarianism/bigotry/racism etc was never even canvassed amongst smisa members, even though the chairman promised it would be!

Majority fan-owned phase

Once SMISA owns the majority stake in SMFC, the following will apply:

- The matters defined above as requiring mutual shareholder approval will continue to do so (applying to SMISA and Kibble only);

- The SMFC board will be responsible for the operation of the club. Football decisions will be made by the club’s football department;

- SMISA will be able to appoint the majority of the SMFC board. Appointments will be made on the basis of the skills and expertise required by the club. New appointments will be selected by the SMISA committee after an interview process and put to the members for approval;

Edited by smcc

36 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I see that as an issue

https://www.smisa.net/buythebuds/kibble-faq

See 2.4 and 2.6 regarding potential board

Your 2 reps each is for any interim period only, while SMISA still only have around 30% shareholding.

Seems current board are all SMISA members ATM including GLS

Edited by alanb