SMISA/ Kibble proposed BTB changes

bazil85

51 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The biggest KNOWN stitch up that deprives fans of what they were promised.
Did anyone ever think Scott was going to hand over control of the club to the fans...? Really?

Yes, either way the vote goes, the majority control goes to the fans. Here was me thinking this might be something you were all in on, banging on for years about a supposed belief that community benefit is important to you in BTB. 

Goes to show, the most important part for you, is the hammering of GLS/ SMISA at any possible point. Suppose we knew that from your disgraceful comments on the additional vote Christmas before last. 

I was a founding member but bailed out when ring fenced money started to be used for other purposes.

Now that I have read the proposals for the Kibble involvement and that SMiSA will be the major shareholder but appointing their Directors and not just having fans volunteer their services I shall be rejoining. I am all for community involvement and with a partnership with the Kibble this should increase.

16 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Genuine question as I’m not an expert on charitable organisations, do non profit making charities such as the Kibble not budget to break even every year? 

Not necessarily. There are also advantages in taxation, gift aid and rates relief amongst others. 

20 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Genuine question as I’m not an expert on charitable organisations, do non profit making charities such as the Kibble not budget to break even every year? 

They are a non-profit making organisation,

That just means any profits they do make are re-invested back into the organisation rather than paid out to shareholders.

21 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not necessarily. There are also advantages in taxation, gift aid and rates relief amongst others. 

Ricky has it right.

most charities will have reserves to help them cope with unexpected drops in income or extra costs etc

they (their accountants) may try to make it look like a break-even year on year, in order to keep getting council or govt funding.

some mega charities like oxfam, rspb, lifeboats do make profits that are reinvested... and don’t necessarily get govt grants.

Nope Kibble are in reality a business who make profit, quite a lot of profit.
I do laugh at all this community guff talked about them. These days most of the young people under their supervision dont come from Paisley, Renfrewshire or even SCOTLAND!
That's how they take the cash in, by becoming a "Young Vulnerabe Care Tourist" resort.

I do laugh at all this community guff talked about them. These days most of the young people under their supervision dont come from Paisley, Renfrewshire or even SCOTLAND!
That's how they take the cash in, by becoming a "Young Vulnerabe Care Tourist" resort.
Who gets the profits if they are a business and not a charity ?

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No. They are very definitely a charity unless you can prove impropriety.

Is this how you operate with everything? You think you can hide behind a username and simply say what you want without proof and expect no consequences?

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you are stating that Kibble are trading illegally ie in breach of their charitable status. You need to wind these wild accusations in a bit and / or moderators need to get a grip here. Some of these allegations / accusations are wandering into very dangerous territory here.

Very interesting undertone in that post. Particularly capitalising the ‘SCOTLAND’ part.

I’m sure you’d like to set the record straight that there’s no element of racism in your post, and the background of the young people under their supervision is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I was a founding member but bailed out when ring fenced money started to be used for other purposes.

Now that I have read the proposals for the Kibble involvement and that SMiSA will be the major shareholder but appointing their Directors and not just having fans volunteer their services I shall be rejoining. I am all for community involvement and with a partnership with the Kibble this should increase.

I like the feel of it. I will be voting yes let's do it. Community Football Club and a local Charity helping young people facing adversity. Seems like a really worthwhile direction for the Club to take. Genuinely becoming more than just a football club.

Edited by magnus

50 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No. They are very definitely a charity unless you can prove impropriety.

Is this how you operate with everything? You think you can hide behind a username and simply say what you want without proof and expect no consequences?

Stinks of his (proven wrong) comments on illegal/ non-regulatory activity at SMISA regarding their status. 

Very interesting undertone in that post. Particularly capitalising the ‘SCOTLAND’ part.

I’m sure you’d like to set the record straight that there’s no element of racism in your post, and the background of the young people under their supervision is irrelevant.
Kibble take in swathes of young vulnerable people from England.
Makes you're post look a bit silly now.