SMISA/ Kibble proposed BTB changes

bazil85

Can someone draw up a list of potential pros and cons?

From the limited amount I know about it, I can't see many cons.

The fans will still have the 51% ownership, so if shit goes wrong, we are ultimately in control of the situation. It would be in their interests to make this work

Just reading their website - sounds like an organisation with values rather than your usual football club ownership model where the owner is purely interested in £££. Potential to become a state-of-the-art club with modern values (I feel like we're half way there already)

Mission

Empowering lives and fulfilling potential through care, education and opportunity.

Vision

Transforming lives, families and communities.

Values

Building relationships on integrity, compassion and trust. Accountable and responsible use of resources.

Courage to keep improving and innovating. Creating positive opportunities from everyday experiences.

Inspired by our shared purpose, proud to be included. Making a positive difference and creating lasting connections.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No. They are very definitely a charity unless you can prove impropriety.

Is this how you operate with everything? You think you can hide behind a username and simply say what you want without proof and expect no consequences?

Trade under the name Kibbleworks  ,private limited company 

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Can someone draw up a list of potential pros and cons?

From the limited amount I know about it, I can't see many cons.

The fans will still have the 51% ownership, so if shit goes wrong, we are ultimately in control of the situation. It would be in their interests to make this work

Just reading their website - sounds like an organisation with values rather than your usual football club ownership model where the owner is purely interested in £££. Potential to become a state-of-the-art club with modern values (I feel like we're half way there already)

Mission

Empowering lives and fulfilling potential through care, education and opportunity.

Vision

Transforming lives, families and communities.

Values

Building relationships on integrity, compassion and trust. Accountable and responsible use of resources.

Courage to keep improving and innovating. Creating positive opportunities from everyday experiences.

Inspired by our shared purpose, proud to be included. Making a positive difference and creating lasting connections.

Have a look at What Falkirk do through their  charity arm Doakes

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope Kibble are in reality a business who make profit, quite a lot of profit.
I do laugh at all this community guff talked about them. These days most of the young people under their supervision dont come from Paisley, Renfrewshire or even SCOTLAND!
That's how they take the cash in, by becoming a "Young Vulnerabe Care Tourist" resort.

Kibble’s deeply rooted history has its origins in 1840 upon the death of Miss Elizabeth Kibble, heiress to a large textile fortune. On her death in 1840, she left a portion of her wealth to “found and endow in Paisley, an institution for the purpose of reclaiming youthful offenders against the laws”. Kibble has evolved for more than a century and a half from this point and has always stayed true to its original mission: supporting young people facing adversity. Kibble is one of Scotland’s oldest charities and seeks to honour Elizabeth Kibble’s legacy by continuing to support young people from the local area and across Scotland.

Is England not capably of looking after their own vulnerable children. :unsure:

Be careful what you wish for. What is in it for Kibble?

It will be interesting when Kibble want to do their due diligence. I'm sure their will be well intentioned people who would be willing to share their opinions / thoughts with Kibble as to regulation / scrutiny.

Bear in mind, Kibble have a floating charge to RBS. How will this sit with the club's bankers, who themselves have a floating charge.

What happens if Kibble go belly up?

18 minutes ago, melmac said:

Be careful what you wish for. What is in it for Kibble?

It will be interesting when Kibble want to do their due diligence. I'm sure their will be well intentioned people who would be willing to share their opinions / thoughts with Kibble as to regulation / scrutiny.

Bear in mind, Kibble have a floating charge to RBS. How will this sit with the club's bankers, who themselves have a floating charge.

What happens if Kibble go belly up?

When was the last time you heard a charity/not for profit organisation go belly up? Low risk since they are all about living within their means 

One question I do have - Gordon Scott secured his "loan" against the stadium as an asset when he bought the club

Would this asset belong to Kibble after this agreement was signed? Or would the stadium belong to the club?

Edited by Doakes

Guest TPAFKATS
Kibbleworks are an extremely low risk company.

That isn't an issue.

With respect, it's still an issue. Just one that you think is low risk. Circumstances can and do change.

Wonder if anyone at kibble or kibble works are concerned that St. Mirren might be a risky investment [emoji848]

3 hours ago, div said:

They are a non-profit making organisation,

That just means any profits they do make are re-invested back into the organisation rather than paid out to shareholders.

3 hours ago, div said:

They are a non-profit making organisation,

That just means any profits they do make are re-invested back into the organisation rather than paid out to shareholders.

Cheers, I guess this means that in theory they could be using government  grants to buy the shares.  Also if Saints make any profit, does this mean that the kibble are entitled to re-invested a share of it in their other interests? Think its not what I joined so a no from me until some of the questions on here are answered.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
image.png.f65fa80a654736c3b8f37e425a09077c.png
Maybe an ideas to do a bit (a lot) more research before you post on here?

Thanks for confirming its status as a company. Add that to the bit in the proposal where they say they are changing how they operate and who knows where they are headed?

There is nothing in the set-up of the Kibble or future scanning that suggests any significant concerns. You hate that and as such have been on here fabricating all over the place. Not only that, you have once again completely compromised your integrity regarding previous claims to care about community focus. 

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Trade under the name Kibbleworks  ,private limited company 

Stop posting uninformed drivel. Kibble do not trade as Kibbleworks.

Kibble is a full Scottish registered Charity.

Kibbleworks is a separate Social Enterprise branch a totally separate entity yes it's a PLC but any profit must be reinvested via the Social Enterprise company. The couldn't provide the services they do on a purely voluntary basis and this is how most charities work . If you don't know how the Charitable status structure works in Scotland don't post (and you clearly don't)

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Stop posting uninformed drivel. Kibble do not trade as Kibbleworks.

Kibble is a full Scottish registered Charity.

Kibbleworks is a separate Social Enterprise branch a totally separate entity . If you don't know how the Charitable status structure works in Scotland don't post (and you clearly don't)

Thete are 3 kibble companies ,kibbleworks  being the one quoted as SC269349 and is registered as a private company.

Kibble is RECOGNISED as a charity

4 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Thete are 3 kibble companies ,kibbleworks  being the one quoted as SC269349 and is registered as a private company.

Kibble is RECOGNISED as a charity

And ? All registered charities are recognised as a charity what else would they be recognised as ???

Kibble does not trade as Kibbleworks (or any other trading name) as you stated, they are separate entities. Any profit generated by the Social Enterprise company (Kibbleworks) is reinvested in the business as a whole. These are well established and approved practices

Edited by Ayrshire Saints