SMISA/ Kibble proposed BTB changes

bazil85

Looked at the proposal, checked Kibble as a charity and happy to vote in favour. As previously mentioned we still own the majority of shares.
In the unlikely event Kibble, after a 160 years, go to the wall we could buy their stake !
Reducing the overall SMISA share % will be the start of the erosion of fan ownership.

When finances are challenged, SMISA would not have the shares to sell if finances were needed by The Club.

Sell some of that 51% to raise much needed funds and SMISA (the fans) are no longer majority shareholders.

Seems unlikely and a wee bit far fetched.
So did Rangers going bust but it happened.

Do we really want to compromise our fam ownership model & potentially jeopardise the safeguarding of the club.

No thanks for me.

The Fans were the ones lorded for this, we undoubtedly have the talent within the support to make this a success without a 3rd major shareholder.

12 hours ago, TOWIE said:

Looked at the proposal, checked Kibble as a charity and happy to vote in favour. As previously mentioned we still own the majority of shares.
In the unlikely event Kibble, after a 160 years, go to the wall we could buy their stake !

I think you miss the point here - I think Kibble are a great charity and there is no danger of them “going to the wall”

As far as I’m concerned it’s not about Kibble it’s about sticking to the original plan that I signed up for and the great success so far which will result in the supporters owning the club two or three years earlier than the limit of 2016.

This proposal involves a third party which is not necessary as we can still have a great relationship with the charity as a supporter owned club.

13 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Tide has turned a wee bit from when first announced, not as many agreeing and a few more in the undecided camp, whoever set this up will need to be quite persuasive on Thursday to convince the members.

We've seen this before on BAWA where you get what turns out to be the vocal minority regarding BTB voting. I genuinely don't mind either way this vote goes but no one should be surprised if it turns out this population against the vote doesn't stand for the majority. A few giving their input won't have a vote as they aren't members as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 9:06 AM, Kombibuddie said:

Reducing the overall SMISA share % will be the start of the erosion of fan ownership.

When finances are challenged, SMISA would not have the shares to sell if finances were needed by The Club.

Sell some of that 51% to raise much needed funds and SMISA (the fans) are no longer majority shareholders.

Seems unlikely and a wee bit far fetched.
So did Rangers going bust but it happened.

Do we really want to compromise our fam ownership model & potentially jeopardise the safeguarding of the club.

No thanks for me.

The Fans were the ones lorded for this, we undoubtedly have the talent within the support to make this a success without a 3rd major shareholder.

Or.

The partnership flourishes, we generate numerous new revenue streams and the club becomes a real community club with a really solid financial footing.

Just as likely an outcome as your scenario.:)

I haven't voted yet. I'll continue to mull it over and vote at some point tomorrow.

Or.
The partnership flourishes, we generate numerous new revenue streams and the club becomes a real community club with a really solid financial footing.
Just as likely an outcome as your scenario.[emoji4]
I haven't voted yet. I'll continue to mull it over and vote at some point tomorrow.
I'll stand by my concerns of the erosion of fan ownership but if you go read the other thread, you'll find I believe Kibble don't need to be a shareholder for a partnership with St Mirren to flourish.

If this deal is voted through, i sincerely hope it does flourish and quickly.
Although there may be bumps in the road ahead, i hope they are just bumps & overcome easily.

I hope, when BTB's is bought, the fans reasonable expectations of what their investment into BTB would bring are met.

I bought into BTB because i supported the model that was presented to me. I have not yet been convinced by what has been presented so far.

Kombi, not seen you on here for a few days, did you get the pm I sent?

Yes, thanks.

Been on nights, i meant to reply but work, sleep, eat, repeat, repeat.. got in the way.

Thanks

Meant to add, i've said all I have to say on this subject.

Going round & round & round bores the f**k out of me.

All good with you?

Latest update from SMISA on the new fan ownership model and other aspects. 

Dear SMISA member

Here is your latest update from the SMISA committee.

Kibble deal/Second SMISA club director

Thanks once again to all those members who voted on the recent proposal that will now see fan ownership happen by the end of 2021 in conjunction with Kibble.

We strongly believe this is the best way for the club to move forward and were heartened that so many of you (around 92% of those who voted) agreed with us.

As per the terms of the vote, the new shareholders’ agreement with Gordon Scott and Kibble has now been signed, meaning Kibble have purchased their stake from Gordon and the terms outlined as part of the transition phase now apply. 

SMISA, as the largest shareholder, will now be represented by a second director on the club board during the three-way interim period that will run until the end of next year at which point we will purchase the remainder of Gordon’s shareholding and become majority owners.

To ensure continuity, our second representative over the next few months will be David Nicol. David was the first SMISA-elected director when he joined the club board in 2016 and was then asked by Gordon to remain on the board once his two-year term came to an end in 2018 and he was succeeded as SMISA’s representative by David Riley. 

The two Davids will continue to represent SMISA’s interests in club matters until the summer at which point David Nicol will stand down from the club board. The SMISA committee will begin the process of sourcing, interviewing and nominating his replacement before then to ensure a smooth transition between David and the new appointee. 

AGM and committee election

We are due to hold our annual general meeting this spring and have provisionally scheduled this for Saturday 28 March at 12:30pm at the UWS library in Paisley town centre.

The AGM will look back on what has been achieved in the past year, as well as ahead to what we hope to achieve in 2020/21. A running order for the day, including our annual accounts, will be issued not less than 14 days before the meeting.

It also means the election of members to the SMISA committee. As it stands, three of the nine places will be open for election.

Six committee members previously elected will continue to serve for at least another year. These are Lawrence McCabe, Dougie McMahon, Graeme Macpherson, Janette Swanson, Jim Cumming and Colin Orr.

As the rules state one-third of SMISA’s elected committee members are required to step down each year, that means the members who have served the longest since last being elected – Kenny Docherty, Alan Quinn and George Adam – are required to stand for re-election.

Any other SMISA members who wish to put themselves forward for election can do so. Committee members are expected to attend fortnightly meetings (these are usually held on Monday evenings at the stadium) and be able to make a meaningful contribution, both in terms of their time and the quality of their input.

Anybody who would like to stand should email [email protected] and request an application form. 

To stand, you will need to be nominated by two SMISA members and have been a member for at least 90 days prior to the date nominations are due to close - Monday 9 March.

You will also need to submit a 500-word statement explaining why you would like to be elected and a photograph, both of which will be used on the election webpage on the SMISA website.

Voting will run for two weeks from Thursday 12 March and will be concluded in time for the AGM.

The election will be administered by an election management group made up of committee members not up for election, who will verify all nominations.

As always, if there is anything you wish to speak to us about you can reach us on [email protected]

The SMISA committee

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, bazil85 said:
Na don’t think so, not right now anyway. Maybe something in the future.  

In the future, what skillsets would you bring to the post?

Years of experience in Risk Management, business management,  financial services and senior stakeholders management. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Years of experience in Risk Management, business management,  financial services and senior stakeholders management. 

So absolutely no relevant skills at all then. :lol:

And yes, I took you off ignore to pour scorn on your latest self-delusion.

Edited by oaksoft

Meanwhile in the real world, anyone thinking of representing the club at board level should have the following skill sets as a bare minimum and must demonstrate a good track record of success (verifiable by showing their impact on company finances) in all of them to be credible:-

1) Experience in a similar role preferred.

2) Experience of running their own company from scratch.

3) Experience of Sales and Marketing.

4) Experience of using social media to reach younger audiences.

5) Experience in the entertainment business where a venue has to be filled repeatedly throughout the year.

6) Experience in improving attendances or retention of customers.

7) Experience in sweating assets.

8 ) Experience in upselling into other income streams.

9) Experience of developing diverse income streams.

10) Experience of development of personnel underneath them, successful delegation of work and the advancement of the careers of others to ensure a smooth handover when you retire or step aside.

There will be more but I think that is a reasonable basis to start from.

53 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So absolutely no relevant skills at all then. :lol:

And yes, I took you off ignore to pour scorn on your latest self-delusion.

So... never actually had me on ignore then? (Wouldn’t know, never felt the need to put anyone on ignore)
if you don’t think they’re relevant skill, fine. That’s what I would go with and I disagree. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So... never actually had me on ignore then? (Wouldn’t know, never felt the need to put anyone on ignore)
if you don’t think they’re relevant skill, fine. That’s what I would go with and I disagree. 

Of course you do. You are delusional.

You haven't run your own company but you feel you'd be a good match for helping to run Saints.

That's delusional right there.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Meanwhile in the real world, anyone thinking of representing the club at board level should have the following skill sets as a bare minimum and must demonstrate a good track record of success (verifiable by showing their impact on company finances) in all of them to be credible:-

1) Experience in a similar role preferred.

2) Experience of running their own company from scratch.

3) Experience of Sales and Marketing.

4) Experience of using social media to reach younger audiences.

5) Experience in the entertainment business where a venue has to be filled repeatedly throughout the year.

6) Experience in improving attendances or retention of customers.

7) Experience in sweating assets.

8 ) Experience in upselling into other income streams.

9) Experience of developing diverse income streams.

10) Experience of development of personnel underneath them, successful delegation of work and the advancement of the careers of others to ensure a smooth handover when you retire or step aside.

There will be more but I think that is a reasonable basis to start from.

So: to get into the buddies you need to join the POSSEE Paisley Oaksoft St Mirren School Exuding Excellence.

What a load of cobblers, what did you run? a Ponzi scheme? what you do is look for people with expertise in one or two areas, not in all that lot, this isn't LA you know and this is St Mirren not fricken NASA. 

5 minutes ago, jaybee said:

So: to get into the buddies you need to join the POSSEE Paisley Oaksoft St Mirren School Exuding Excellence.

What a load of cobblers, what did you run? a Ponzi scheme? what you do is look for people with expertise in one or two areas, not in all that lot, this isn't LA you know and this is St Mirren not fricken NASA. 

One person board then Oaksoft. 

A range of experience and views from different perspectives is what's needed. Then you can address the operational issues. You are clearly comfortable in an administrative role. 

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Of course you do. You are delusional.

You haven't run your own company but you feel you'd be a good match for helping to run Saints.

That's delusional right there.

I think it’s clear you’re bitter towards me. Personally I have never even looked into the ‘block’ function. 

Specifically about your Post. Appreciate fully that would be a positive (that I don’t have). I don’t think it negates what I’d bring to the table, which was the question. 

But then again I don’t have red lines like your ‘must have supported the team for 30 years’ like your good, narrow minded self. 

You do know the difference of being on SMISA committee and being on the board of SMFC?
It's harder to get on the SMISA committee than it is the board of SMFC?

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

My apologies, thought you said 'getting' not 'being'

[emoji16]

38 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

It's harder to get on the SMISA committee than it is the board of SMFC?

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

My apologies, thought you said 'getting' not 'being'

emoji16.png

If Oaksofts minimum standards are anything to go by, getting on a football clubs BOD might be reserved for divine beings 

8 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Ur patter is rank, u seem to use a lot of this cute, petal crap, take the time to think why nearly everybody on forum is bored to tears by u...we all know underneath u are in a rage, the seethe is clear for all to see...

That you taking over as the voice of the masses now? I'm not sure why you'd think I was in a rage or why I should be. I'd ask you to explain but we know that isn't really what you're into on here.

Stick to the name calling, why change a winning formula...