SMISA/ Kibble proposed BTB changes

bazil85

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Welcome aboard, brilliant to see this now really start to take shape. Very exciting time for our great club. 

Agree, but it will be a big setback if we don't secure our Premiership status this season.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

That would be a setback regardless of the ownership model. 

Yeah obviously,  but did the club and Kibble not both state the importance of being in the top league to the deal ? 

46 minutes ago, munoz said:

Yeah obviously,  but did the club and Kibble not both state the importance of being in the top league to the deal ? 

They might have done, I missed it if they did. I think it goes without saying though, the importance is relevant for all SP clubs & pretty much any top flight club in the world. Relegation has repercussions. If we went down, we'd have to downsize as normal but I have seen nothing that suggests it would impact the completion of the deal. 

• 6 months later...

Bumping this back up.

Kibble now have two directors on the board, with rumours that they are now running the show and GLS is taking a back seat. Is this a good thing and whose needs will they be advancing first, Kibble or St Mirren? There was so much excitement about this "partnership" I don't think we really scrutinised the fine detail.

Bumping this back up.
Kibble now have two directors on the board, with rumours that they are now running the show and GLS is taking a back seat. Is this a good thing and whose needs will they be advancing first, Kibble or St Mirren? There was so much excitement about this "partnership" I don't think we really scrutinised the fine detail.
"partnership" my arse!

Sold our soul to Satan with that deal.

I tried to warn folks. [emoji26]

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

Bumping this back up.

Some of us were dead against it, like me,  but not too many going by the landslide vote,  think it was 90% in favour 

So... when SMISA completes it buyout of GS shares, are they going to have 51% of the shares? If so, what would be the role of Kibble? Who would be chairman? Sorry if these questions have already been answered.
Yes, approximately.

What ever we want it to be as the majority shareholder.

Who ever we want.

All subject to the conditions the majority shareholder voted on previously.

Yes, approximately.

What ever we want it to be as the majority shareholder.

Who ever we want.

All subject to the conditions the majority shareholder voted on previously.
Thanks cookie monster, just what I thought.just getting nervous at what's happening or not happening at the club at the moment. Still hoping Kibble are a positive step but yet too see any positives around the club. Early days I guess.

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Can anybody tell me what Kibble are actually doing for the Club?

Bringing expertise in hunners of areas as I recall.

If you're that interested in sure nearer the start of this thread there were plenty of good things they were bringing to the party 

Pity done if these troubled youngsters weren't good at football, that would have been good. 

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

No.

“In early 2020 we put forward a revised proposal that would see St Mirren become majority-owned by the fans by the end of 2021.

This would be achieved in conjunction with Paisley-based social enterprise Kibble.

The first phase would see Kibble immediately buy a 27% share in the club from Gordon.

The second phase would see SMiSA then buy out the remainder of Gordon's stake, taking our shareholding to 51%.”

Got you, I knew it had reduced what the eventual shareholding would be, just got mixed up with what it was going to be before the deal. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Bringing expertise in hunners of areas as I recall.

If you're that interested in sure nearer the start of this thread there were plenty of good things they were bringing to the party 

Pity done if these troubled youngsters weren't good at football, that would have been good. 

I know about all the things they said they'd be doing, but have they actually done any of them? Genuine question. I'm not having a dig at Kibble.

It's far too soon to know if the kibble arrangement will be detrimental (don't see anything to suggest it will be) but there aren't any red flags to suggest otherwise yet. A poor run of games & an unfounded, baseless rumour on plastic pitches doesn't cut it for me.

As already mentioned, one of the benefits we are seeing is increased exposure around Paisley. It's very welcoming IMO. 

On 10/8/2020 at 10:05 AM, bazil85 said:

It's far too soon to know if the kibble arrangement will be detrimental (don't see anything to suggest it will be) but there aren't any red flags to suggest otherwise yet. A poor run of games & an unfounded, baseless rumour on plastic pitches doesn't cut it for me.

As already mentioned, one of the benefits we are seeing is increased exposure around Paisley. It's very welcoming IMO. 

If only u knew what was coming🤣🤣🤣

Biggest change I’ve noticed is the communication from the club. Big change to the style of the communication, the way things are worded. Every tweet seems much more scripted, the official account is no longer replying to fans or attempting to bring in humour. Communication seems much more guarded - perhaps trying to be more professional? there’s been a definite change in social media and communication