Feb Fixtures (huge)

16 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Hibs v Saints

Saints v accies

Livvy v Saints

Well v Saints

Saints v Jam Tarts ( huge )

Three away and two at home, neither of these on a Saturday.  

10 points would be a great haul imo especially if 6 of them came via Accies and Hearts. 

No question thst we have come through a tough run of games and reasonably intact as well.  A real shame we couldn't hold on to that two goal lead but hey a point wasn't bad at all.  This is where we need to kick on (and where we normally don't).  The Accies game is huge......3 points here and we can look to kick on.

Edited by TediousTom

12 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

No questiion wen have come through a tought run of games and reasonably intact as well.  A real shame we couldn't hold on to that two goal lead but hey a point wasn't bad at all.  This is where we need to kick on (and where we normally don't).  The Accies game is huge......3 points here and we can look to kick on.

Indeed Tom. Indeed 

On 1/29/2020 at 9:54 PM, saintargyll said:

Hibs v Saints

Saints v accies

Livvy v Saints

Well v Saints

Saints v Jam Tarts ( huge )

1 point away at Hibs, 3 against Accies, Livi could be anything, Well a tough call AND yes Jam tarts is a huge one. They have picked up recently and have goal scorers now, but defensively the Fakes showed that they are weak. I think we can win that one AND that would significantly keep them below us....

4 hours ago, TediousTom said:

No question thst we have come through a tough run of games and reasonably intact as well.  A real shame we couldn't hold on to that two goal lead but hey a point wasn't bad at all.  This is where we need to kick on (and where we normally don't).  The Accies game is huge......3 points here and we can look to kick on.

Absolutely this ^^^^  Accies are stubborn and physical but p*sh and we really need to take 3 points. The gap that opens up will easy pressure and bring much encouragement and belief... I do hope we will. I do expect us to get the 3 points in this one, but we need to hit the target and get right in about them. We did so last time...… and we have more goal getters now !

On 1/30/2020 at 2:08 PM, St.Ricky said:

Three away and two at home, neither of these on a Saturday.  

10 points would be a great haul imo especially if 6 of them came via Accies and Hearts. 

10 points. :lol:

Anyhow, back in the real world, 2 points, last nights result takes the shine off the draw against Hibs. 

A point less than I had hoped at this stage. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

10 points. :lol:

Anyhow, back in the real world, 2 points, last nights result takes the shine off the draw against Hibs. 

A point less than I had hoped at this stage. 

Did you take special courses in stupidity or does it come naturally to you? Impressive if it's entirely natural. Meanwhile, back on topic. What's your points prediction now? 

Goodwin made all the right noises pre match about last night then blew a really big chance to give ourselves a real shot of avoiding the bottom 2.

February fixtures are huge as are the rest until the split we have 8 games left now 5 of which are away(Livi, M/Well, Celtic, Killie & Ross Co) and having picked up 1 win and 2 draws away so far there is a real possibility of 5 defeats.

The 3 home matches are Hearts, St J & Rangers.

After last night and going by previous results I just don't see where our next victory is in that set of 8 games.

St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have been terrible but with 6 & 7 points respectively from last 9 available they both have pulled away from danger.

What was a 6 team fight is now down to 4 and maybe 3 quite soon if County get another victory in next week or 2.

Goodwin made all the right noises pre match about last night then blew a really big chance to give ourselves a real shot of avoiding the bottom 2.

February fixtures are huge as are the rest until the split we have 8 games left now 5 of which are away(Livi, M/Well, Celtic, Killie & Ross Co) and having picked up 1 win and 2 draws away so far there is a real possibility of 5 defeats.

After last night and going by previous results I just don't see where our next victory is in that set of 8 games.

St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have been terrible but with 6 & 7 points respectively from last 9 available they both have pulled away from danger.

What was a 6 team fight is now down to 4 and maybe 3 quite soon if County get another victory in next week or 2.
That's my worry... Teams like Killie, St Johnstone and Ross County can go on unbelievably bad runs... And despite our "good form", they still remain out of touch!

We are our own worst enemies and NEED to learn to string a few victories together... Especially in games like last night when it can make such a huge difference.

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's my worry... Teams like Killie, St Johnstone and Ross County can go on unbelievably bad runs... And despite our "good form", they still remain out of touch!

We are our own worst enemies and NEED to learn to string a few victories together... Especially in games like last night when it can make such a huge difference.

As someone else said on here... Its the St Mirren way. But.. You are right. Two or three wins in three or four games transforms where you sit in this league. This would be an excellent time to start. 

I presume you do actually know your recent St Mirren history???

2/3 wins from 3/4 games is something in last 10 years only done maybe 5(pre split) times at most.

Our inability to do this is the reason that has made us be fighting relegation every season since Danny Left (bar one).

I mentioned earlier we have 8 games left 5 of which are away and 3 at home the 5 away games will most likely be 5 defeats considering how away games have been so far, Rangers will beat us at home so realistically we are looking at maybe 2 wins in next 8 and that will mean come split we will be in bottom 2 again.

As someone else said on here... Its the St Mirren way. But.. You are right. Two or three wins in three or four games transforms where you sit in this league. This would be an excellent time to start. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

2/3 wins from 3/4 games is something in last 10 years only done maybe 5(pre split) times at most.

Our inability to do this is the reason that has made us be fighting relegation every season since Danny Left (bar one).

I mentioned earlier we have 8 games left 5 of which are away and 3 at home the 5 away games will most likely be 5 defeats considering how away games have been so far, Rangers will beat us at home so realistically we are looking at maybe 2 wins in next 8 and that will mean come split we will be in bottom 2 again.

He doesn't think, because he can't.

He just says stuff. 

10 points from 5 games he said.................I swear I dribbled a small amount of pee. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Which is why I said... This would be a good time to start! 

(F Man can't read) 

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

We are fighting a battle for survival no question.

Hearts and Fakes are  proverbial 6 pointers.  Target 6 points for us, but 4 would be ok, 3 not too great and less, pretty awful

The away games, Killie an d RC are the ones we could most likely win, but it is the same as above - 6 points fab, 4 not too terrible, 3 not that great, less a disaster.

The Livi and Well games, 1 win ( 3 points) would be brilliant, no defeats would be decent, less would not be good enough.

So I am going for the ludicrous 11 points (from highlighted bits above) to help us before the split. (am I allowed to dream? )  :magic 

Quite a few times this season we have drawn 2/3 in a row when I would rather we would win 1 lose 1 instead as this would help the magic 2/3 wins in 3/4 games that St Ricky hopes can start soon.

As it stands just now these draw after draw after draw aren't really helping us.

Look at the 3 teams directly above us their last 10 GAMES or so before Saturday each had won
KILMARNOCK - 0
ROSS COUNTY - 0
ST JOHNSTONE - 1
ST MIRREN - 2

Then Kille win 2 in 4 days, St Johnstone win 1 draw 1, County lose 1 win 1.

From Saturday -
Killie 6 points
St J 4 points
County 3 Points
St Mirren 2 points.

We need to just start going for it we are probably going to lose most of the games left anyway I would rather we tried to actually win them than hope not to lose.

We had chance to(maybe) equalise v Rangers when Hladky wanted to go up the park last minute Goodwin waved him back negativity like that is killing us right now.

Which is why I said... This would be a good time to start! 
(F Man can't read) 
He doesn't think, because he can't.
He just says stuff. 
10 points from 5 games he said.................I swear I dribbled a small amount of pee. [emoji38]
We are fighting a battle for survival no question.
Hearts and Fakes are  proverbial 6 pointers.  Target 6 points for us, but 4 would be ok, 3 not too great and less, pretty awful
The away games, Killie an d RC are the ones we could most likely win, but it is the same as above - 6 points fab, 4 not too terrible, 3 not that great, less a disaster.
The Livi and Well games, 1 win ( 3 points) would be brilliant, no defeats would be decent, less would not be good enough.
So I am going for the ludicrous 11 points (from highlighted bits above) to help us before the split. (am I allowed to dream? )  :magic 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Quite a few times this season we have drawn 2/3 in a row when I would rather we would win 1 lose 1 instead as this would help the magic 2/3 wins in 3/4 games that St Ricky hopes can start soon.

As it stands just now these draw after draw after draw aren't really helping us.

Look at the 3 teams directly above us their last 10 GAMES or so before Saturday each had won
KILMARNOCK - 0
ROSS COUNTY - 0
ST JOHNSTONE - 1
ST MIRREN - 2

From Saturday -
Killie 6 points
St J 4 points
County 3 Points
St Mirren 2 points.

We need to just start going for it we are probably going to lose most of the games left anyway I would rather we tried to actually win them than hope not to lose.

We had chance to(maybe) equalise v Rangers when Hladky wanted to go up the park last minute Goodwin waved him back negativity like that is killing us right now.

Yet plenty were overjoyed we only lost by one goal, hoping it comes down to goal difference. 

I wholeheartedly agree we should be going at teams more, and we can look dangerous at times but the manager has to carry the can for some woeful performances, none much worse than last night. 

One kick away form a defeat, that's how close to the wind we are sailing. 

19 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

KILMARNOCK - 0
ROSS COUNTY - 0
ST JOHNSTONE - 1
ST MIRREN - 2

From Saturday -
Killie 6 points
St J 4 points
County 3 Points
St Mirren 2 points.

My son was making the same argument in the car on the way back from the game against Hamilton I. E. Better to win some and lose some with 3 points for a win.