Alex Jakubiak

munoz

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah it's a weird one, must admit. You have a guy who scores better than 1 in 2 by minutes on the park and they don't play him. 

Didn't Morias have a pretty good goals/minutes ratio for Northampton last season? I think their fans were frustrated he wasn't used more.

Obviously Premiership is a step up from League 2, but it's a shame he's not quite finding that for us.

Here's hoping Jakubiak has more luck. League One is obviously a higher standard, so fingers crossed.

10 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Didn't Morias have a pretty good goals/minutes ratio for Northampton last season? I think their fans were frustrated he wasn't used more.

Obviously Premiership is a step up from League 2, but it's a shame he's not quite finding that for us.

Here's hoping Jakubiak has more luck. League One is obviously a higher standard, so fingers crossed.

Definitely. It's hard to read into too much as with the best will in the world, some forwards don't adjust well to the lack of time and space they are given on the ball here. Some learn to deal with it, some don't. 

Looks at guys like Eoin Doyle and Clayton Donaldson. Both have made careers at a good level in England by being prolific but neither set the Heather on fire up here. 

At least with Jakubiak, he's played in Scotland and for a bit and did not bad (albeit at level below) so hopefully knows that his space is going to be limited.

33 minutes ago, antrin said:

Jakubiak
born in....

......westminster!!!!!????

wow! 
a Peer’s kid?  A royal...?

very out of nowhere.

not as tall as Obika.

i have yet to be convinced....

Ok.

i see he has also had Scotland caps.

i like the lad, already....

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, billyg said:

So , he came in and did well for us , and , when Goody was quizzed last week about bringing him back he said we were "priced out" of the move. He's now signed for Dundee ! 🤔

Not good. It was put over as look he is on crazy money so beyond our wildest dreams. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

FWIW, they offloaded Hemmings,by mutual consent, who was most likely on a hefty wage and he was contracted to 2022.

Probably freed up a fair amount of money.

Dundee like splashing the cash on forwards. Good luck to them this season. Got to be in with a shout.

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Championship might just be his level. He was okay with us but I didn’t see anything that would make me think he was anything above average to good. 

I thought he brought out the best in Obika and they linked up really well. Looked a player to me.