Alex Jakubiak

munoz

Good foil for Obika but really, that's all he was. He scored 1 in 10 games for us at the end of the day.

He came to us following his Watford release with a price via his agent, we instantly baulked at it and that was the end of it.

Dundee have came in and got him on a significantly lesser wage than he asked us for initially about 6 weeks ago (presumably know exactly how much he's getting as his agent will have come back to us to try and match the revised offer) and we've still not taken him up on it, so Goodwin clearly didn't think he was worthy of the wage he was asking. 

No big deal, really.

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Always liked the look of him and I’d take him but majority of st mirren minded pals seem to feel the opposite, which I find weird.

Thought he was a lot younger than 29

He's got a much better goalscoring record than Jakubiak, but is a few years older. I still think he could score goals in the prem.

Well I may be a lone voice here but I actually thought Jakubiak was just a bit meh for us. Losing out on him is no big deal IMO, especially if he's costing Dundee a fat wedge.

Good luck to him but I don't expect any heather to be set alight on Tayside with him and Danny Mullen as Dundee's striking pair.

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

As long as they break some Hearts I’ll be happy.

Wouldn't you just love it if those whinging Edinburgh wankers failed to win promotion at their first attempt ? Or their second attempt ?

Can you imagine the infighting on Kickback ? Glorious.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Good foil for Obika but really, that's all he was. He scored 1 in 10 games for us at the end of the day.

He came to us following his Watford release with a price via his agent, we instantly baulked at it and that was the end of it.

Dundee have came in and got him on a significantly lesser wage than he asked us for initially about 6 weeks ago (presumably know exactly how much he's getting as his agent will have come back to us to try and match the revised offer) and we've still not taken him up on it, so Goodwin clearly didn't think he was worthy of the wage he was asking. 

No big deal, really.

It is when our team has hardly any goal scoring threat though.

9 minutes ago, magnus said:

It is when our team has hardly any goal scoring threat though.

As djchapsticks says, Jakubiak got just one goal in 10 games for us. Should we break the bank to secure his services ? Even Cody Cooke scored more goals than that.

Goodwin on Radio Go football show, with Ali De Foy as host, saying Jakubiak doesn't score enough goals. Goodwin had a valuation and wouldn't go above it.

Seems fair enough to me.

Rumour has it he was asking for £3k per week.

Edited by FTOF

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Goodwin on Radio Go football show, with Ali De Foy as host, saying Jakubiak doesn't score enough goals. Goodwin had a valuation and wouldn't go above it.

Seems fair enough to me.

Rumour has it he was asking for £3k per week.

His agent was asking for more than that initially. He had to revise his value as the weeks went on as no-one was giving him it. 

While it's odd to see him rocking up at Dundee, the sequence of events that @djchapsticks has outlined seems pretty clear. There's no way we should be pushing the boat out that far for this guy.

Or, put it another way: if we were going to cough up well in excess of £3k a week for a striker, we could do much better than Jakubiak. I'm happy to see what the loan system throws up because the fact remains that we only usually play with one striker anyway.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

While it's odd to see him rocking up at Dundee, the sequence of events that @djchapsticks has outlined seems pretty clear. There's no way we should be pushing the boat out that far for this guy.

Or, put it another way: if we were going to cough up well in excess of £3k a week for a striker, we could do much better than Jakubiak. I'm happy to see what the loan system throws up because the fact remains that we only usually play with one striker anyway.

So long as he stays uninjured.